McCain picks Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as running mate.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » McCain picks Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as running mate.
« Previous Page
POLL: Good Pick?
Yes 44% (16)
No 39% (14)
Not sure 17% (6)
Jackelope
8/31/08 1:25:40AM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Jackelope
Good things have come and will continue to come from the war in Iraq.

Please elaborate.

Posted by Jackelope
Unfortunately I think 99% of politicians are pieces of trash that "say" more than they actually do.

Agreed.

Unfortunately I can't elaborate on the thousands of personal experiences I have from spending several of my years in dedacation to that cause. All I can tell you about the war in Iraq is that we've done our job, but we're following through. It's called accountability. Unfortunately most of the countries out there that wage war don't own up to their accountability. Unlike the U.S. who tries to see things through to the end and account for war reperations due.

People throw around a lot of shit about soldiers dying but the honest to God truth is that more often than not they have no idea what those soldiers who died stood for. They say "it's time for us to end all these innocent young men dying" When many of the young men who died did so because they believed in this war effort. If we were to walk away from this calling it a "loss" and folding our cards we'd have let them die in vain. Most soldiers will tell you there are few fates less desirable to them than dying in vain.

Granted, you have the kids who signed up for the college money and the free ride that will complain all day long. Then, you have the rest of the dudes (the silent majority as a matter of fact) that will tell you they signed up because they believe in the cause.

Anyway, I don't like to talk too much about it because for me it's a personal issue more than a political issue. One thing I can assure you of is that progress is being made and there are more lives being effected in a positive manner than "they" would have you believe. I ran hundreds if not thousands of missions while I was there. I was a ground pounder front lines dude, so I saw the brunt of it. Not once did I ever do a mission that had me going anywhere near an oil field.

hippysmacker
8/31/08 1:44:23AM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

IMO opinion I think all Super Christian's are infact evil. So if Having a super christian mindset makes you a conservative...then I'm picking OBAMA.

BTW, I am a christian.

What is your definition of a Super Christian? I like to think of myself as pretty nifty, but super? To me a Christian is someone who believes in, and tries to follow the bible, and accepts Christ as the savior. If that makes me super then Im cool with it.
jiujitsufreak74
8/31/08 1:47:41AM

Posted by hippysmacker

IMO opinion I think all Super Christian's are infact evil. So if Having a super christian mindset makes you a conservative...then I'm picking OBAMA.

BTW, I am a christian.

What is your definition of a Super Christian? I like to think of myself as pretty nifty, but super? To me a Christian is someone who believes in, and tries to follow the bible, and accepts Christ as the savior. If that makes me super then Im cool with it.

Super Christians are the kind that preach against homosexuality and then go ahead and have sex with a man in a bathroom stall...or is that just Replublican officials...

Playground_Samurai
8/31/08 2:22:06AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Jackelope
Good things have come and will continue to come from the war in Iraq.

Please elaborate.

Posted by Jackelope
Unfortunately I think 99% of politicians are pieces of trash that "say" more than they actually do.

Agreed.

Unfortunately I can't elaborate on the thousands of personal experiences I have from spending several of my years in dedacation to that cause. All I can tell you about the war in Iraq is that we've done our job, but we're following through. It's called accountability. Unfortunately most of the countries out there that wage war don't own up to their accountability. Unlike the U.S. who tries to see things through to the end and account for war reperations due.

People throw around a lot of shit about soldiers dying but the honest to God truth is that more often than not they have no idea what those soldiers who died stood for. They say "it's time for us to end all these innocent young men dying" When many of the young men who died did so because they believed in this war effort. If we were to walk away from this calling it a "loss" and folding our cards we'd have let them die in vain. Most soldiers will tell you there are few fates less desirable to them than dying in vain.

Granted, you have the kids who signed up for the college money and the free ride that will complain all day long. Then, you have the rest of the dudes (the silent majority as a matter of fact) that will tell you they signed up because they believe in the cause.

Anyway, I don't like to talk too much about it because for me it's a personal issue more than a political issue. One thing I can assure you of is that progress is being made and there are more lives being effected in a positive manner than "they" would have you believe. I ran hundreds if not thousands of missions while I was there. I was a ground pounder front lines dude, so I saw the brunt of it. Not once did I ever do a mission that had me going anywhere near an oil field.

You could've just posted this. In all seriousness though, I have much respect for you. You've put your life on the line for what you believe in, which i'm assuming is for the own good of millions of Americans. And I don't just say that in passing, I genuinally respect that.
hippysmacker
8/31/08 2:35:16AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by hippysmacker

BTW, I am a christian.

Super Christians are the kind that preach against homosexuality and then go ahead and have sex with a man in a bathroom stall...or is that just Replublican officials...

Like I said actions tell the tale. Its like Sadaam/ Bin Laden claiming to be muslims . I have studied Islam , and one of my close fiends does debates for them. Islam means peace. People can twist something good and lead others to beleive in something wrong. That politician is as much a Christian as the Kristian Knights of the Klu Klux Klan claim to be Christian , or Saddam/ Bin Ladn claiming to be Muslims. Talk about oxymorons.
Jackelope
8/31/08 3:49:57AM

Posted by gspfan

You could've just posted this. In all seriousness though, I have much respect for you. You've put your life on the line for what you believe in, which i'm assuming is for the own good of millions of Americans. And I don't just say that in passing, I genuinally respect that.

I would never post something like that picture. I'm not one of those "Super Hooah" soldiers who thinks everything we do in the name of America is right. I just try to look at situations as a regular man and see the positive and negative effects of the tasks I carry out.

A few things I ask of anybody who speaks out against the war is this-

Do you think Saddam would have just quietly gone to his death without lashing out against America or the world had we left him be? Even if he would have, do you think his insane sons Uday and Qusay would have? How long would the people of Iraq have to suffer under the cruelty of these dictators before it was the right time for us to step in? If America didn't step in and do something, who would have?

By no means do those questions justify 100% of everything that's gone on over there or the rest of the world. There are evil dictators in Africa doing things much worse than Saddam ever did and we haven't done anything about them. I wish we could, but I don't have all the answers. I just try to do good where I can and when I can. I can sleep soundly at night knowing I did what I could for my part of it all. My opinion is that if half of the people bitching about us doing the right thing would actually get off their asses and do the right thing then we might start to see some real progress across the globe.

As a U.S. Citizen your opinion is valuable. Quite possibly even more valuable than that of a soldier (A government employee) The citizens are why I did my job and why soldiers still doing their jobs will continue to do them. Everything is not guts and glory in the military.. in fact, most of it sucks ass. The one thing that always gives us pride, though is the support of our countrymen and women. The average civilian provides that support by being critical of our actions.

Unfortunately what we have right now in America since the Vietnam war is a very loud and biased voice speaking out of turn and about the wrong things. This loud voice belongs to the reckless media which has failed the United States citizens and military with their bloodthirsty attack on the American conscience. They've been out of control for going on 50 years.

They've convinced the American public that our efforts have been fruitless. They've failed to tell the thousands of stories about families that have been helped. In the meantime they haven't failed to tell the stories about the thousands of families that have been hurt. They've caused us to grow impatient with the long and arduous process that is a war of insurgency. Americans are convinced somehow that we can achieve victory overnight and that it will come at a small cost. We knew going into this war (which almost all of America supported at the time) that lives would be lost, and now that we have lost those lives the media has convinced us that the price is too high to pay.

The bottom line is that good and kind hearted American citizens are being too closely exposed to the ugly faces of war. Nothing that is happening in this war from a moral standpoint hasn't happened in any wars of the past. It's just that the media is dangerously involved with the process and they're telling far too much of the bad vs. the good.

dannyfrank
8/31/08 9:27:55AM

Posted by Jackelope

yo, much respect i dont completely support the war, but i always support those who risk their lives to protect us. im the spawn of two jarheads and my brother is in the army. hes supposed to be going back to iraq sometime in may
Playground_Samurai
8/31/08 12:20:11PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gspfan

I would never post something like that picture. I'm not one of those "Super Hooah" soldiers who thinks everything we do in the name of America is right. I just try to look at situations as a regular man and see the positive and negative effects of the tasks I carry out.

A few things I ask of anybody who speaks out against the war is this-

Do you think Saddam would have just quietly gone to his death without lashing out against America or the world had we left him be? Even if he would have, do you think his insane sons Uday and Qusay would have? How long would the people of Iraq have to suffer under the cruelty of these dictators before it was the right time for us to step in? If America didn't step in and do something, who would have?

By no means do those questions justify 100% of everything that's gone on over there or the rest of the world. There are evil dictators in Africa doing things much worse than Saddam ever did and we haven't done anything about them. I wish we could, but I don't have all the answers. I just try to do good where I can and when I can. I can sleep soundly at night knowing I did what I could for my part of it all. My opinion is that if half of the people bitching about us doing the right thing would actually get off their asses and do the right thing then we might start to see some real progress across the globe.

As a U.S. Citizen your opinion is valuable. Quite possibly even more valuable than that of a soldier (A government employee) The citizens are why I did my job and why soldiers still doing their jobs will continue to do them. Everything is not guts and glory in the military.. in fact, most of it sucks ass. The one thing that always gives us pride, though is the support of our countrymen and women. The average civilian provides that support by being critical of our actions.

Unfortunately what we have right now in America since the Vietnam war is a very loud and biased voice speaking out of turn and about the wrong things. This loud voice belongs to the reckless media which has failed the United States citizens and military with their bloodthirsty attack on the American conscience. They've been out of control for going on 50 years.

They've convinced the American public that our efforts have been fruitless. They've failed to tell the thousands of stories about families that have been helped. In the meantime they haven't failed to tell the stories about the thousands of families that have been hurt. They've caused us to grow impatient with the long and arduous process that is a war of insurgency. Americans are convinced somehow that we can achieve victory overnight and that it will come at a small cost. We knew going into this war (which almost all of America supported at the time) that lives would be lost, and now that we have lost those lives the media has convinced us that the price is too high to pay.

The bottom line is that good and kind hearted American citizens are being too closely exposed to the ugly faces of war. Nothing that is happening in this war from a moral standpoint hasn't happened in any wars of the past. It's just that the media is dangerously involved with the process and they're telling far too much of the bad vs. the good.

Very well put. I've already expressed my input. It's always good to look at things from different perspectives and realize that you're(me) not always right about everything. I feel like you're coming at me like you absolutely despise me(maybe i'm wrong). I just want to put out there that I have lost 1 family member and 1 good friend to the war in Iraq. I'm not just saying this from some random spectators perspective. I'll never see that family member at another of our family gatherings, and i'll never get to go and hang out with my buddy ever again. Once you're gone, there's no coming back. And no matter how much pride and honor they died with, that doesn't take away from how much pain and heartache it's caused both families. Maybe that's selfish, but it's real. I wanna say again that I genuinally respect you and what you have done at the highest level. So I hope you're not mad at people that wanna see our troops come home safe, don't wanna see 1 more life be lost, and just want to have peace. While this may be unrealistic with the way the world is, it doesn't mean that I have to agree with it. As far as the picture, I guess I was trying to lighten the mood a bit so I appologize if it struck a nerve.
Kracker_Jap
8/31/08 12:24:02PM
Hey lets change the tone back to the topic of the thread

Sarah Palin...

Wow what a bad ass...

Just learned when she became Governer of Alaska she fired the cook to the state mansion and said "i can make sandwhiches for my own kids without having the taxe payer pay for it"

She also put the state Jet on to ebay!

This is a woman that is for the people! she represents!
Jackelope
8/31/08 12:31:27PM

Posted by gspfan

Very well put. I've already expressed my input. It's always good to look at things from different perspectives and realize that you're(me) not always right about everything. I feel like you're coming at me like you absolutely despise me(maybe i'm wrong). I just want to put out there that I have lost 1 family member and 1 good friend to the war in Iraq. I'm not just saying this from some random spectators perspective. I'll never see that family member at another of our family gatherings, and i'll never get to go and hang out with my buddy ever again. Once you're gone, there's no coming back. And no matter how much pride and honor they died with, that doesn't take away from how much pain and heartache it's caused both families. Maybe that's selfish, but it's real. I wanna say again that I genuinally respect you and what you have done at the highest level. So I hope you're not mad at people that wanna see our troops come home safe, don't wanna see 1 more life be lost, and just want to have peace. While this may be unrealistic with the way the world is, it doesn't mean that I have to agree with it. As far as the picture, I guess I was trying to lighten the mood a bit so I appologize if it struck a nerve.

Not at all, bro. Sorry I just kind of have an aggressive nature to me. No animosity whatsoever from my end. I totally respect your opinion.. I just wanted to give the other side of the coin. Mucho props to you and the others in this thread. As long as we can have a civil debate you have my respect.

As for this woman (to get it back on track) she does have some impressive things about her, but until we get out of a party politics system I don't see much changing for the better.
Kracker_Jap
8/31/08 1:06:08PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gspfan

Not at all, bro. Sorry I just kind of have an aggressive nature to me. No animosity whatsoever from my end. I totally respect your opinion.. I just wanted to give the other side of the coin. Mucho props to you and the others in this thread. As long as we can have a civil debate you have my respect.

As for this woman (to get it back on track) she does have some impressive things about her, but until we get out of a party politics system I don't see much changing for the better.

This could never happen on Sherdog
StorminYourman
9/1/08 8:30:10PM
Kracker_Jap
9/1/08 9:28:01PM

Posted by StorminYourman

She sucks!!!

Apparently is also a poster on sherdog
Pages: 1 2 [3]