McCain picks Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as running mate.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » McCain picks Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as running mate.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: Good Pick?
Yes 44% (16)
No 39% (14)
Not sure 17% (6)
Rush
8/29/08 10:44:25PM

Posted by hippysmacker

However a person decides what they believe is right irrelevant to me, as long as they stick by it . I'm also a Christian,but the only thing I ask is that people be consistent. Vote what you think is right and best for the country, not what you think is best for you personally

I have a different philosophy and it is that people really don't know what's best for the country. They think they do, but really they don't. I think people should vote for what's best for them. In a democracy the majority leads so technically the majority of the people (in theory) should get what they think is best for them.

I have a hard enough time trying to figure out (politically) what is best for me, let alone predicting what the best thing for a larger group of people would be.

As for the VP elect, I think it was a strategic pick.

She's reletivley young -- tries to take away that aspect from Obama
She's a woman -- tries to take away the milestone angle from Obama
Meg
8/30/08 12:41:28AM
For somebody who prided his campaign on going after Obama over his lack of experience, it sure makes a whole lot of sense for him to pick a VP who has even less experience than his opponent. Top notch decision, McCain.
Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 12:48:58AM

Posted by Meg

For somebody who prided his campaign on going after Obama over his lack of experience, it sure makes a whole lot of sense for him to pick a VP who has even less experience than his opponent. Top notch decision, McCain.

How do you figure Obama has more experience???

Please tell me how he is more qualified than Sarah to be president
jiujitsufreak74
8/30/08 12:50:50AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Meg

just cut to the chase and show him the facts before he repeats the same mistake i did. Meg, check page 3
Meg
8/30/08 1:01:08AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Meg

Sure, pal. While being a Governor of a State is technically more qualified than being a Senator over a State, the lady herself said she isn't even aware of what a VP does. Bring on the VP debates.

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Meg, check page 3

I totally skipped page 2 so thanks for directing me there. However, I'll stick to my guns.
hippysmacker
8/30/08 1:03:12AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by hippysmacker

However a person decides what they believe is right irrelevant to me, as long as they stick by it . I'm also a Christian,but the only thing I ask is that people be consistent. Vote what you think is right and best for the country, not what you think is best for you personally

I have a different philosophy and it is that people really don't know what's best for the country. They think they do, but really they don't. I think people should vote for what's best for them. In a democracy the majority leads so technically the majority of the people (in theory) should get what they think is best for them.

I have a hard enough time trying to figure out (politically) what is best for me, let alone predicting what the best thing for a larger group of people would be.

As for the VP elect, I think it was a strategic pick.

She's reletivley young -- tries to take away that aspect from Obama
She's a woman -- tries to take away the milestone angle from Obama

We will have to agree disagree then . The only requirements i would make besides citizenship , if it were up to me, would be a IQ test. Failing that requirement I will just say that leaders who think they know better than everyone else are on the short path to an oligarchy, which i beleive we have had attempted by the W's cronies and Clinton. Thats a slipper slope IMO.
jiujitsufreak74
8/30/08 1:04:57AM

Posted by Meg

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Meg

Sure, pal. While being a Governor of a State is technically more qualified than being a Senator over a State, the lady herself said she isn't even aware of what a VP does. Bring on the VP debates.

she was a mayor for quite a while as well, not to mention an assembly woman. Obama's political career isn't even longer than a decade. i made the same mistake because i forgot about here stint as mayor but i now realize i was mistake and now realize She is in facet more experienced that Obama
Meg
8/30/08 1:09:18AM

Posted by Meg

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Meg

she was a mayor for quite a while as well, not to mention an assembly woman. Obama's political career isn't even longer than a decade. i made the same mistake because i forgot about here stint as mayor but i now realize i was mistake and now realize She is in facet more experienced that Obama

Shouldn't she know what a VP does then?
Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 1:19:31AM

Posted by Meg

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Meg

Lets play a game.....

I'll go first, when Sarah Palin was mayor she cut her own pay for the benifit of people of her town

She also went against the leaders of her own party and had them thrown out of offic for being corrupt

Now what has Obama done in his years of servive to show Character or maybe somthing he has done to be proud of???
Meg
8/30/08 1:30:04AM
He graduated from Harvard Law School and passed up tons of jobs in various law firms (that would no doubt be pretty beneficial) to lead a program designed to register hundreds of thousands of African American voters.

I hate politics however and I'm in no right mind to debate over it. All I do know is that McCain argues foreign policy like it's going out of style and the woman has absolutely no experience regarding that issue. I don't even know her experience on any other issues. You can enlighten me if you'd like, that's fine. Like I said before, bring on the VP debates.
Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 2:09:49AM

Posted by Meg

He graduated from Harvard Law School and passed up tons of jobs in various law firms (that would no doubt be pretty beneficial) to lead a program designed to register hundreds of thousands of African American voters.

I hate politics however and I'm in no right mind to debate over it. All I do know is that McCain argues foreign policy like it's going out of style and the woman has absolutely no experience regarding that issue. I don't even know her experience on any other issues. You can enlighten me if you'd like, that's fine. Like I said before, bring on the VP debates.

Graduating from Harvard does not show that he has the character or experience to lead....

the other part of the first paragraph doesn't make sence but, yes he was a community organizer

I'm sorry for dragging you into somthing you do not have the right mingd to debate, but you where the one who made the statment about her experience I just thought maybe you would like to have a direct comparison of the two

You see he is running for the president

She will be the vice president

There is a difference in the jobs that they could have but when you really look at it she is th most qualified for both of the jobs
dannyfrank
8/30/08 11:41:10AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by gsquat

I vote "primarily" on Christian values. These are also what happen to be best for our country. Having a Christian mindset leads to having a conservative mindset.

I mean thats i cool i respect your decision but i think voting primarily on religious views is kinda lame.I mean theres alot more important things at stake other worrying about gays gettting married and women aborting babies and wether or not someone is christian.I believe in my own individual liberties as an american..Im not gay so why should i care if some dude wants to marry the person he loves which may be a dude...If someone didnt want you to marry someone you love because "its not in the bible" or its not protecting the sanctity of marriage how would you feel...If america is land of the free...then people should be able to marry who they love and a women should be able to decide if she is ready and suitable enough to become a parent.I mean me personally i would take responsibility and have a kid and i wouldnt marry a dude..But i also feel that its not my business what people do...wether or not you agree with it doesnt mean its wrong.

Like Hippy above me said everyone thought Bush was this good christian man with Morals and look at our country..were pretty messed up and divided..i dont think we can deal with 4 more years of the past 8 years...its time to end the war take our country back and make peace with world.

absolutely agree man. i honestly dont care what religion anyone is, especially in politics. i mean, isnt it supposed to be a separation of church and state? i also dont buy into that whole "christian values" thing. ive met some people who are atheist or agnostic who are way better people than some supposed "christians" that ive met.

I find it sad that people think its lame just because they disagree with it. How either of you make your decisions is up to you, and what you agree with is your choice. The funny thing to me is I held most of the same views before I ever even got involved with Christianity at 22. I am sure people would find some other reason for criticizing them then too. Whether someone is liberal, conservative Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist isn't as important to me as character in the political arena or life. Character is everything to me. I have many friends of different theological views , and political views. I would never criticize them for sticking up for what they profess to beleive, even if I disagreed with them. that doesn't mean I won't fight just as hard about my views, but I can respect those who stand by their principles if they are even remotely reasonable to me. I also try to understand why they think the way they do before making judgments. This country was founded on the principles of Christianity, and why it definitely hasn't always lived up to it, I beleive we would all better off if we had stuck to it. Separation of Church and state has nothing to do with this, however anyone comes up with their views is their business, or are you saying that anyone who believes in a religion shouldn't have the right to vote? That would be the most hypocritical, illogical , unconstitutional, and bias concept I can imagine. I will give you both the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't mean that. Separation of Church and state was mostly put in our constitution so religious leaders would not have a legal right to overrule elected officials, and that they could be punished for trying to do so . Also so minority religions would have right to religious freedom without persecution, as long as they don't violate the laws of the land . Not so people could tell anyone who believes in GOD that their opinion doesn't count. Religion, politics, etc, all have had many corrupt leaders throughout history .The way people interpret the constitution and the bible alone has caused so many arguments that there is a reason that checks and balances are needed in government.Your definition of freedom would also allow child molesters to molest. Land of the free right? There has to be limits, and we just disagree on what they are. I think homosexuality is wrong, and that most gay people are the most intolerant people that I have ever met. They can't even allow someone like me to disagree with them without resorting to insults. It is completely illogical To label someone as a intolerant person simply for disagreeing with their opinions or lifestyle. I see them as intolerant, for telling me I can''t vote based on what I believe. I'm not telling consenting adults they can't be gay. Just that I believe marriage is between a man and a woman only. I disagree with their lifestyle, and think it is harmful not only morally to the world, but in the a case of anal sex( with anyone) it is proven to be medically unhealthy. Still what l consenting adults do behind closed door is their business. they are the ones trying to force me to agree with them, Not the other way around. Marriage has always been defined as between a man and a woman in America. They can still be gay, just don't try to force me to agree with it. The entire issue of " political tolerance" itself is illogical. The term has come to mean anyone who disagree with liberalism to me. Hey , I am intolerant of rape and child molestation. Am I a intolerant person? No, good. Hey I disagree with homosexuality . Am I intolerant person ? according to a lot of liberals , yes. As for abortion, I believe we should avoid harming the innocent, and take responsibility for our actions. If you willfully have sex and get pregnant , then i think you should be responsible for bringing it in this world. It;' not like people aren't lining up to adopt newborns. They are, I personally know 4 couples that had to adopt out of the country becuase of the lack of newborns available in Amercia. If someone is raped, or their is a danger to the mothers life, then I understand getting a choice of abortion. It wasn't their choice in one scenario, and they are choosing between themselves and someone else's health in the other. That is actually the republican party's platform on abortion not the mistakenly quoted " they don't want women to be allowed to have an abortion even they are gonna die or are raped" that I have often seen reported . I am not a republican, I am an independent, and I think they are not stringent enough on the issue. Either way, all I ask is for people to take responsibility for their actions. I actually know a girl who was raped, and becuase she felt it would be creating a 2nd victim if she had an abortion, chose to have the child and give it up for adoption. Now I would not make that mandatory, from what I have seen working with youth (was a youth pastor for 5 years, and coach highschool sports) rape is seriously traumatic. The W's , Clintons, and anyone else that I think will tell you whatever they need to to get your vote, so they can do whatever they can get away with are the real danger to the American way of life IMO. Luckily our system of government limits the damage they can do. I would always rather have a Ronald Reagan or Jimmy Carter running for office. No matter what side of the fence you fall on , I think respect is due to them both. They told you what they were going to do , and did it, Now I think Carter screwed up the country, and Reagan was a hero who broke the soviet Union, but I have heard/had people I respect completely disagree with me wholeheartedly on which one of them was god/bad for the country. Still, they both told you what they were going to do, and stuck to it. Principal and Character matter most to me. I feel McCain has more of it than Obama. Disagree if you will, thats your right , but please don't insult my beliefs. I came to them over a long period of time , thought, debate, and study. I feel they are logical and right, and to call them lame when you really don't know them or their process is insulting. Thanks

whoa whoa whoa!! i dont know which one of us this was more directed towards, but u gotta chill. all i was saying was that i dont think people should vote for someone based on their religion. that doesnt mean that i dont think any religious person shouldnt vote. im christian, im pro-life, im an independent, and you MAJORLY misunderstood what i was saying. i honestly dont know where any of this came from

EDIT: ok now i see where this rant came from, but still man, i think you mistook what we were saying
gsquat
8/30/08 3:26:41PM

Posted by dannyfrank
whoa whoa whoa!! i dont know which one of us this was more directed towards, but u gotta chill. all i was saying was that i dont think people should vote for someone based on their religion. that doesnt mean that i dont think any religious person shouldnt vote. im christian, im pro-life, im an independent, and you MAJORLY misunderstood what i was saying. i honestly dont know where any of this came from

EDIT: ok now i see where this rant came from, but still man, i think you mistook what we were saying

But since you're likely not a Christian, you don't understand our perspective. God comes first. In everything. With every decision, God should be on the forefront of your mind. Especially with such an important decision such as the leader of the country in which I live. I want to pick some who seems like they put God first with the decisions they make. Don't think I don't have my opinions on foreign policy, the budget, and immigration because I do and they play an important role in who I vote for. Just not as important as things that I can relate directly to what I know God would or wouldn't have us do.
Rush
8/30/08 3:30:23PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by dannyfrank

But since you're likely not a Christian, you don't understand our perspective.

He just said that he's Christian
iwannabesedated
8/30/08 3:32:38PM
i feel theres a lot more important things to vote on than their moral values or religion Im not saying its wrong or anything whatever makes feel comfortable is fine with me...but anyone who wants to live the next 4 years like the past 8 i hope youll appricate it..when your job is outsourced,you get a VD but since you dont have a job with medical insurance you cant afford a trip to the doc or the penicilen to cure it,your house is being foreclosed now,You cant buy gas for the suv your driving,and your brother benny got blowed up in iraq,But at the end of the day you can always be happy that you voted for that "good christian" man on election day because hes just what this country needed.
Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 3:40:19PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by gsquat

Posted by dannyfrank

He was probally cofused because before Dannyfrank posted this...

Posted by dannyfrank

absolutely agree man. i honestly dont care what religion anyone is, especially in politics. i mean, isnt it supposed to be a separation of church and state? i also dont buy into that whole "christian values" thing. ive met some people who are atheist or agnostic who are way better people than some supposed "christians" that ive met.

Somewhat of a conflict....

Not really for me to judge but, if you don't buy into Christian values??? how is gsquat supposed to interpet that???
Jackelope
8/30/08 3:43:03PM
Good things have come and will continue to come from the war in Iraq. Don't believe all the bullshit that the liberal media feeds you on that end. Granted, it needs to end sooner than later, but still.. people calling this war pointless and thinking nothing good will come of it are seriously misinformed.

As for saying that there's a lot more important things to vote on than moral values I'm curious to know what they are. I am an atheist so don't think I'm coming at you from a religious standpoint.. I just want to know what you would vote based on.

Personally I vote based on values, effectiveness, and consistency. Unfortunately I think 99% of politicians are pieces of trash that "say" more than they actually do. Me, I'm "Neither '08"
Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 3:44:20PM

i feel theres a lot more important things to vote on than their moral values or religion Im not saying its wrong or anything whatever makes feel comfortable is fine with me...but anyone who wants to live the next 4 years like the past 8 i hope youll appricate it..when your job is outsourced,you get a VD but since you dont have a job with medical insurance you cant afford a trip to the doc or the penicilen to cure it,your house is being foreclosed now,You cant buy gas for the suv your driving,and your brother benny got blowed up in iraq,But at the end of the day you can always be happy that you voted for that "good christian" man on election day because hes just what this country needed.

So what really has the current admin.. Done to ruin your lifestyle?? and how will Obama/Biden fix these problems and what have they done in their past make you think that they can get it done???

Relgion aside Just Focus on the basics
dannyfrank
8/30/08 3:58:44PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Rush

Posted by gsquat

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by dannyfrank

Not really for me to judge but, if you don't buy into Christian values??? how is gsquat supposed to interpet that???

oh my god. i am a christian. i was trying to say that not everyone who proclaims to have "christian values" is a good person. bush supposedly has "christian values" but he is not a good f*ckin person!!
Rush
8/30/08 4:10:22PM

Posted by dannyfrank

oh my god. i am a christian.

Then shouldn't it be "Oh my God"

Jackelope
8/30/08 4:11:58PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by dannyfrank

LOL
dannyfrank
8/30/08 5:01:31PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by dannyfrank

touche!
hippysmacker
8/30/08 7:50:11PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Rush

Posted by gsquat

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by dannyfrank

oh my god. i am a christian. i was trying to say that not everyone who proclaims to have "christian values" is a good person. bush supposedly has "christian values" but he is not a good f*ckin person!!

Actually you may have noticed when I wrote it that I don't like Bush. I think he is as false a Christian as Bill Clinton, and a puppet to boot. People can proclaim whatever they want , religious or not, and I have a brother-close friend who is a atheist. I would trust him with my and my family's lives. The bible says by their fruits you will know them. That means your actions speak louder than words. It is why i said character is everything to me. Someone can tel you they are going to do anything , but what they actually do defines who they are as a person to me.
dannyfrank
8/30/08 8:17:39PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Rush

Posted by gsquat

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by dannyfrank

Actually you may have noticed when I wrote it that I don't like Bush. I think he is as false a Christian as Bill Clinton, and a puppet to boot. People can proclaim whatever they want , religious or not, and I have a brother-close friend who is a atheist. I would trust him with my and my family's lives. The bible says by their fruits you will know them. That means your actions speak louder than words. It is why i said character is everything to me. Someone can tel you they are going to do anything , but what they actually do defines who they are as a person to me.

thats cool man. i wasnt trying to bash you or anything. i think this conversation just got a little out of hand. its cool to look at someone's character. all i was trying to say was that it seems ridiculous to vote for someone because of their religion

i also wasnt saying that you were a GW fan, that was just the first example that came to mind
Playground_Samurai
8/30/08 9:16:16PM

its time to end the war take our country back and make peace with world.

This was the best thing said in this whole thread. I don't understand why more people aren't supporting that. There is no need for any more lives to be lost over this war, and McCain has repeatedly said he will have us in more wars. Any human life is more important to me than oil, gas prices, money, or anything else for that matter.

Posted by hippysmacker
Hey , I am intolerant of rape and child molestation. Am I a intolerant person? No, good. Hey I disagree with homosexuality . Am I intolerant person ? according to a lot of liberals , yes.

In all fairness to the gays, that's a bit extreme. Homosexuality is between two consenting adults, while child molestation is between a adult predator and an innocent unconsenting child. It's a bit unfair to compare the two.

definitely VPILF material

Agreed.

Posted by Jackelope
Good things have come and will continue to come from the war in Iraq.

Please elaborate.

Posted by Jackelope
Unfortunately I think 99% of politicians are pieces of trash that "say" more than they actually do.

Agreed.

Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 9:38:10PM

Posted by gspfan

This was the best thing said in this whole thread. I don't understand why more people aren't supporting that. There is no need for any more lives to be lost over this war, and McCain has repeatedly said he will have us in more wars. Any human life is more important to me than oil, gas prices, money, or anything else for that matter.

Posted by hippysmacker
Hey , I am intolerant of rape and child molestation. Am I a intolerant person? No, good. Hey I disagree with homosexuality . Am I intolerant person ? according to a lot of liberals , yes.

In all fairness to the gays, that's a bit extreme. Homosexuality is between two consenting adults, while child molestation is between a adult predator and an innocent unconsenting child. It's a bit unfair to compare the two.

Agreed.

Posted by Jackelope

Please elaborate.

Posted by Jackelope
Unfortunately I think 99% of politicians are pieces of trash that "say" more than they actually do.

Agreed.

The first comment shows me that you have fully bought into the war being over money and oil, it is fair to say that we have recieved no money or special rights to Iraqs oil....

For some of us we are willing to risk our own life if it means another will gain freedom and saftey

2nd comment it is very commen for people to see the errors in their thinking when a person like hippysmacker breaks down a complicated issue with a simple example....

others will say its not fair

3rd comment I agree most conservatives are good lookin

4th commrent Saddam is out of the picture the people of Iraq are free... If you pay attention to the current news you will know that we are currently under negotiations to come up with a withdrawl date (that should make you happy)

5th comment I disagree
Playground_Samurai
8/30/08 10:16:13PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by gspfan

Posted by hippysmacker

Agreed.

Posted by Jackelope

Please elaborate.

Posted by Jackelope

Agreed.

The first comment shows me that you have fully bought into the war being over money and oil, it is fair to say that we have recieved no money or special rights to Iraqs oil....

For some of us we are willing to risk our own life if it means another will gain freedom and saftey

2nd comment it is very commen for people to see the errors in their thinking when a person like hippysmacker breaks down a complicated issue with a simple example....

others will say its not fair

3rd comment I agree most conservatives are good lookin

4th commrent Saddam is out of the picture the people of Iraq are free... If you pay attention to the current news you will know that we are currently under negotiations to come up with a withdrawl date (that should make you happy)

5th comment I disagree

First response....Your 4th response is my response. Saddam is out of the picture, they have no weapons of mass destruction, and the people of Iraq are free. Why should we stay? I don't know how to make this any more clear, or get this through to people. PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR LIVES. Our soldiers. Innocent Iraqis. American families are losing their young kids just out of high school that bravely volunteer their services. Our brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, sons, and daughters. And like you said, Saddam is gone and they are now free. So why should we stay? You can't say for our safety. They pose no threat to us. The only place they aren't safe is in Iraq. There is nothing left to do over there that I would justify taking a human life for.

Second response.... Do you think it's fair to compare gays with child molestors?

Third response....Word

Fourth response...good response.

Fifth response...To each his own. Respect
Kracker_Jap
8/30/08 11:04:30PM

Posted by gspfan

First response....Your 4th response is my response. Saddam is out of the picture, they have no weapons of mass destruction, and the people of Iraq are free. Why should we stay? I don't know how to make this any more clear, or get this through to people. PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR LIVES. Our soldiers. Innocent Iraqis. American families are losing their young kids just out of high school that bravely volunteer their services. Our brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, sons, and daughters. And like you said, Saddam is gone and they are now free. So why should we stay? You can't say for our safety. They pose no threat to us. The only place they aren't safe is in Iraq. There is nothing left to do over there that I would justify taking a human life for.

Thank you for responding to my response...

There are plenty of poeple in our country that disagree it would be nice if more were like us and could talk about it

My only thought that could add to our post is this...

There were no weapons off mass destruction in Iraq that were found But what was found was a evil dictator that hade terrorized his on people for most of there lives he killed thosands and scared them all, what we did be getting saddam out of there was a good thing for us, for them, and for the world I completly disagree with you free and then flee notion.....

We have to stay there long enough for roads, schools, hospitals and the over all infastructure is rebuilt, to leave before they can stand on thier own feet would be wrong

It doesn't matter if they want it or you want it... If letting them stand alone is premature we free'd them we are rebuilding them and it is our responsabilty to make sure they will not end up in a dictatorship again...

I agree with peace, and talking things out, but I also have commen sense
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/31/08 12:56:01AM
IMO opinion I think all Super Christian's are infact evil. So if Having a super christian mindset makes you a conservative...then I'm picking OBAMA.

BTW, I am a christian.
telnights
8/31/08 1:06:47AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap
Thank you for responding to my response...

There are plenty of poeple in our country that disagree it would be nice if more were like us and could talk about it

My only thought that could add to our post is this...

There were no weapons off mass destruction in Iraq that were found But what was found was a evil dictator that hade terrorized his on people for most of there lives he killed thosands and scared them all, what we did be getting saddam out of there was a good thing for us, for them, and for the world I completly disagree with you free and then flee notion.....

We have to stay there long enough for roads, schools, hospitals and the over all infastructure is rebuilt, to leave before they can stand on thier own feet would be wrong

It doesn't matter if they want it or you want it... If letting them stand alone is premature we free'd them we are rebuilding them and it is our responsabilty to make sure they will not end up in a dictatorship again...

I agree with peace, and talking things out, but I also have commen sense

I know this isn't me your replying to but I thought I would jump in here.

As far as freeing the people of Iraq that wasn't the reason we attacked in the first place. The reason given to the American people was that Iraq had WMDs and were funding terrorist. But both of those turned out to be false. In fact it was shown later that the Bush administration had manipulated the facts to show what the wanted them too. So one has to wonder why did we attack a country for no real reason. Once it was proved that both the original reasons for this war were false the right wing says we were freeing the people of Iraq. But did we really help because now we have opened the door for Sunni's & Shi'ite's to start waring with each other causing even more deaths. A large number of Iraq's people fled Iraq and the death toll is getting close to 1mil Iraqis. I know some Iraqis started out happy we removed Saddam from power but the longer we stay the more discontent they become. So now not only do you have Sunni's & Shi'ite's killing each other but we have made a breeding ground for anti-American sentiment.

So what have we gained from this war. Nothing in fact we have lost American lives, Money, spread our self thin, and have breed more terrorist than there were to start with. The hole time the real war on terrorist is being waged in Afghanistan and still to this date we have yet to catch the guy this was really all about Bin Laden.

Something else I find funny is just right before elections they start claiming that we COULD be pulling out by years end. The war is just one issues there are so many other things I could go in too but really don't want this to turn ugly. I see it being a very open topic at this point and would rather keep it that way. Now I'm not saying Obama is the best choice but I also feel the even worst choice is McCain. Because with McCain I see no real change happening. I don't think I will be voting this year because both choices are just so bad. But at the same time I'm half temped to vote for a guy I don't really like just so McCain doesn't get in to office. You know most of my life I always heard other countries saying how get America was but now I don't see that anymore. What I see now is our country becoming a joke to the rest of the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3