McCain picks Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as running mate.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » McCain picks Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as running mate.
Next Page »
POLL: Good Pick?
Yes 44% (16)
No 39% (14)
Not sure 17% (6)
gsquat
8/29/08 11:39:31AM
McCain has chosen R- Governor from Alaska, Sarah Palin as his VP running mate. She's definitely more conservative than McCain and likely to redeem faith in conservatives who were on the fence.

Kinda milfy
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Kracker_Jap
8/29/08 11:43:03AM
Really Where is the link???

I think you ment she is kinda GILFY
Kracker_Jap
8/29/08 11:47:02AM
gsquat
8/29/08 1:00:00PM
C'mon. She's only 44.
iwannabesedated
8/29/08 1:09:11PM
It dont matter who he picked...Its time we move on and get away from the republicans.
StorminYourman
8/29/08 1:18:59PM
It is a smart pick for him. Good pick however not too sure about. This bitch is just another neo-con that is as bad as the rest of them. Ron Paul would have been a better pick.
hippysmacker
8/29/08 1:28:37PM
While I wouldn't vote for Obama if you put a gun to my head, as he is one of he most liberal people in congress IMO, this makes me at least want to vote for president. I am very conservative ,and McCain isn't in my book. I was leaving president empty on my ballot if he didn't choose a conservative running mate. I thought for sure he would choose Christ from Florida, because he delivers a key state to McCain, but this probably brings a lot of the female vote over. We'll see.
DCRage
8/29/08 1:31:48PM
I was expecting to go for Romney or one of the more well-known (and expected) names. I think McCain's strategy here, as noted, is to try and take the female vote away from Obama and capitalize on his not picking Hillary as his VP. Certainly makes the election more historically significant-we'll either have the first African-American President or first female VP (I think).
gsquat
8/29/08 1:41:55PM

Posted by hippysmacker

While I wouldn't vote for Obama if you put a gun to my head, as he is one of he most liberal people in congress IMO, this makes me at least want to vote for president. I am very conservative ,and McCain isn't in my book. I was leaving president empty on my ballot if he didn't choose a conservative running mate. I thought for sure he would choose Christ from Florida, because he delivers a key state to McCain, but this probably brings a lot of the female vote over. We'll see.

I was on the exact same page. I was not going to vote if he picked Lieberman. Then It'd be like picking a couple liberals or a couple liberals. Her solid conservative presense and conservative-Christian values make me feel at ease about voting for McCain. You could say its a cheap shot picking a woman as the vp pick, but its the game that has to be played. Unfortunately there are a lot of shallow people who picked based on image/appearance. A lot of people will pick Obama because he's half black, and a lot of people will vote for Palin (McCain) because she's a woman.
iwannabesedated
8/29/08 2:42:55PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by hippysmacker

I was on the exact same page. I was not going to vote if he picked Lieberman. Then It'd be like picking a couple liberals or a couple liberals. Her solid conservative presense and conservative-Christian values make me feel at ease about voting for McCain. You could say its a cheap shot picking a woman as the vp pick, but its the game that has to be played. Unfortunately there are a lot of shallow people who picked based on image/appearance. A lot of people will pick Obama because he's half black, and a lot of people will vote for Palin (McCain) because she's a woman.

Do you soley vote on your "Christian Values" Or do you vote for you who think is best suited to run this country.i feel Obama brings a sense of Unity and change into the country..i dont feel that way with Mccain....

gsquat
8/29/08 2:49:17PM
I vote "primarily" on Christian values. These are also what happen to be best for our country. Having a Christian mindset leads to having a conservative mindset.
hippysmacker
8/29/08 3:00:05PM

Posted by gsquat

I vote "primarily" on Christian values. These are also what happen to be best for our country. Having a Christian mindset leads to having a conservative mindset.

However a person decides what they believe is right irrelevant to me, as long as they stick by it . I'm also a Christian,but the only thing I ask is that people be consistent. Vote what you think is right and best for the country, not what you think is best for you personally. I bring this up because it seems to me people of serious faith,whatever it may be, seem to vote their conscience more often in my experience. I guess I also just feel the more conservative the country the better. After Bush , I feel kind of betrayed in some ways by a guy I thought was a conservative, but didn't live up to it. I was really hoping that Huckabee would be the guy, but guess not. The thing I like most about MCain is he's a no pork and buck the established system guy. So hopefully he will at least curb spending.
coldchillin
8/29/08 3:19:10PM
wow, what a horrible pick... it's a blatant cheap tactic to try to persuade Hillary supporters to vote for him.

Is this lady really suppose to hold her own in any type of heated debate with Joe Biden? You can't be serious right? Biden is going to eat her alive. As a Democrat, I must say I am near ecstatic about the selection though.

Obama's choice for VP made me feel much more safe choosing him knowing that he had picked a savvy vet with tons of foreign experience who could step into the role of President immediately if he had to. Biden was my actual choice for President earlier this year and I think Obama absolutely made the right choice for his running mate.

McCain's choice is near laughable. I think the obvious choice was Romney, who is one of the very few Republicans that I respect but he knew his party just couldn't stomach voting for a Mormon, no matter how strong his record is.

Raykill
8/29/08 3:20:47PM
I am stunned to say the least. But I think it was the right move for him.
I will stay away from the rest of the political conservative, oops I mean conversation.
iwannabesedated
8/29/08 3:28:18PM

Posted by gsquat

I mean thats i cool i respect your decision but i think voting primarily on religious views is kinda lame.I mean theres alot more important things at stake other worrying about gays gettting married and women aborting babies and wether or not someone is christian.I believe in my own individual liberties as an american..Im not gay so why should i care if some dude wants to marry the person he loves which may be a dude...If someone didnt want you to marry someone you love because "its not in the bible" or its not protecting the sanctity of marriage how would you feel...If america is land of the free...then people should be able to marry who they love and a women should be able to decide if she is ready and suitable enough to become a parent.I mean me personally i would take responsibility and have a kid and i wouldnt marry a dude..But i also feel that its not my business what people do...wether or not you agree with it doesnt mean its wrong.

Like Hippy above me said everyone thought Bush was this good christian man with Morals and look at our country..were pretty messed up and divided..i dont think we can deal with 4 more years of the past 8 years...its time to end the war take our country back and make peace with world.
nastshabast
8/29/08 5:03:44PM
"Mcaains Choice" haha ya i bet he had a say.
Kracker_Jap
8/29/08 7:03:43PM
So far we know......

She is pro life

Lifetime member of the NRA

Believes in Jesus

Has run a state

Cut taxes in her state

Cut her own pay when she was a mayor

Has more experience in leadership than Obama

Has an actual record of tough decisions that qualify her to be (vice) President

And I'm sher the list will grow day by day

IMO she is not only a person to help Mccain get the women vote but she will help pull the conservative vote as well

Mccain has shown us a new look to politics when Obama has promised too. but didn't deliver

Good Job -John Mccain-

jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 7:08:12PM
She is more inexperienced than Obama...but...this is a great move.

watch all of the Hillary supporters that resent Obama now jump on board the McCain train. McCain put himself in a great position as he now has a lot of attention and now can appeal to a much larger demographic. this political rce is getting very interesting as the day s go by.

by the way, if i could vote i would vote for McCain.
Kracker_Jap
8/29/08 7:12:47PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

How do you figure he has more experienced than her????
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 7:16:38PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

because she got elected governor in 2006
dannyfrank
8/29/08 7:19:24PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by gsquat

I mean thats i cool i respect your decision but i think voting primarily on religious views is kinda lame.I mean theres alot more important things at stake other worrying about gays gettting married and women aborting babies and wether or not someone is christian.I believe in my own individual liberties as an american..Im not gay so why should i care if some dude wants to marry the person he loves which may be a dude...If someone didnt want you to marry someone you love because "its not in the bible" or its not protecting the sanctity of marriage how would you feel...If america is land of the free...then people should be able to marry who they love and a women should be able to decide if she is ready and suitable enough to become a parent.I mean me personally i would take responsibility and have a kid and i wouldnt marry a dude..But i also feel that its not my business what people do...wether or not you agree with it doesnt mean its wrong.

Like Hippy above me said everyone thought Bush was this good christian man with Morals and look at our country..were pretty messed up and divided..i dont think we can deal with 4 more years of the past 8 years...its time to end the war take our country back and make peace with world.

absolutely agree man. i honestly dont care what religion anyone is, especially in politics. i mean, isnt it supposed to be a separation of church and state? i also dont buy into that whole "christian values" thing. ive met some people who are atheist or agnostic who are way better people than some supposed "christians" that ive met.
Poohbah
8/29/08 7:23:16PM
I'm disappointed in where this conversation has gone. I thought for sure this would be an honest, open, and forthright discussion on whether or not she is hot.

Come on guys!
FrankTheTank1181
8/29/08 7:25:18PM
What bugs me about McCain is any question he is asked always leads back to his "military experience" or being a P.O.W. I mean Jay Leno asked him about how many houses he owns or somethin and McCain managed to work in his P.O.W. experiences into that. WTF?? Oh and as for his running mate: I'd give her my "vote"
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 7:26:14PM

Posted by Poohbah

I'm disappointed in where this conversation has gone. I thought for sure this would be an honest, open, and forthright discussion on whether or not she is hot.

Come on guys!

definitely VPILF material
R-Bandd
8/29/08 7:29:44PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She has held an executive office, he has only held a legislative office. While they are running for the office of President. That just happens to be an executive office. It may seem like the same thing but it is not. Its like standup and ground game, to someone who does not know better they would just think its all just fighting, right ??
Kracker_Jap
8/29/08 7:34:59PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Palin....

Starting in 92 she was on the city council, Then became Mayor in 96 and eventually Governer in 2006

Obama....

State legislator in 97 then went to the state senate in 05 and has been running for president for much of that time.....

So I believe that running a city and state for the last 12 years makes her more qualified to be president then

Obama's 11 years of not really doing anything that he can brag about on the State level and in the senate.... (because we all know if he actually did somthing great we would have heard about by now)
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 7:40:11PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Palin....

Starting in 92 she was on the city council, Then became Mayor in 96 and eventually Governer in 2006

Obama....

State legislator in 97 then went to the state senate in 05 and has been running for president for much of that time.....

So I believe that running a city and state for the last 12 years makes her more qualified to be president then

Obama's 11 years of not really doing anything that he can brag about on the State level and in the senate.... (because we all know if he actually did somthing great we would have heard about by now)

very true, i forgot about her stint as Mayor. i was aware of her city council and running of the Alaskan Oil, but i forgot her stint as Mayor. good point sir
scoozna
8/29/08 8:08:15PM
I believe she will help to bring out the conservative vote that was very likely to not show up on election day due to McCain's moderate-ness. I doubt she'll pull very many Hillary fans, except the rabid illogical type that would vote for Mccain because they are mad at Obama. Boo hoo.

I still don't think the VP does much, just kind-of reinforces the Pres' agenda.
hippysmacker
8/29/08 8:47:48PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by gsquat

absolutely agree man. i honestly dont care what religion anyone is, especially in politics. i mean, isnt it supposed to be a separation of church and state? i also dont buy into that whole "christian values" thing. ive met some people who are atheist or agnostic who are way better people than some supposed "christians" that ive met.

I find it sad that people think its lame just because they disagree with it. How either of you make your decisions is up to you, and what you agree with is your choice. The funny thing to me is I held most of the same views before I ever even got involved with Christianity at 22. I am sure people would find some other reason for criticizing them then too. Whether someone is liberal, conservative Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist isn't as important to me as character in the political arena or life. Character is everything to me. I have many friends of different theological views , and political views. I would never criticize them for sticking up for what they profess to beleive, even if I disagreed with them. that doesn't mean I won't fight just as hard about my views, but I can respect those who stand by their principles if they are even remotely reasonable to me. I also try to understand why they think the way they do before making judgments. This country was founded on the principles of Christianity, and why it definitely hasn't always lived up to it, I beleive we would all better off if we had stuck to it. Separation of Church and state has nothing to do with this, however anyone comes up with their views is their business, or are you saying that anyone who believes in a religion shouldn't have the right to vote? That would be the most hypocritical, illogical , unconstitutional, and bias concept I can imagine. I will give you both the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't mean that. Separation of Church and state was mostly put in our constitution so religious leaders would not have a legal right to overrule elected officials, and that they could be punished for trying to do so . Also so minority religions would have right to religious freedom without persecution, as long as they don't violate the laws of the land . Not so people could tell anyone who believes in GOD that their opinion doesn't count. Religion, politics, etc, all have had many corrupt leaders throughout history .The way people interpret the constitution and the bible alone has caused so many arguments that there is a reason that checks and balances are needed in government.Your definition of freedom would also allow child molesters to molest. Land of the free right? There has to be limits, and we just disagree on what they are. I think homosexuality is wrong, and that most gay people are the most intolerant people that I have ever met. They can't even allow someone like me to disagree with them without resorting to insults. It is completely illogical To label someone as a intolerant person simply for disagreeing with their opinions or lifestyle. I see them as intolerant, for telling me I can''t vote based on what I believe. I'm not telling consenting adults they can't be gay. Just that I believe marriage is between a man and a woman only. I disagree with their lifestyle, and think it is harmful not only morally to the world, but in the a case of anal sex( with anyone) it is proven to be medically unhealthy. Still what l consenting adults do behind closed door is their business. they are the ones trying to force me to agree with them, Not the other way around. Marriage has always been defined as between a man and a woman in America. They can still be gay, just don't try to force me to agree with it. The entire issue of " political tolerance" itself is illogical. The term has come to mean anyone who disagree with liberalism to me. Hey , I am intolerant of rape and child molestation. Am I a intolerant person? No, good. Hey I disagree with homosexuality . Am I intolerant person ? according to a lot of liberals , yes. As for abortion, I believe we should avoid harming the innocent, and take responsibility for our actions. If you willfully have sex and get pregnant , then i think you should be responsible for bringing it in this world. It;' not like people aren't lining up to adopt newborns. They are, I personally know 4 couples that had to adopt out of the country becuase of the lack of newborns available in Amercia. If someone is raped, or their is a danger to the mothers life, then I understand getting a choice of abortion. It wasn't their choice in one scenario, and they are choosing between themselves and someone else's health in the other. That is actually the republican party's platform on abortion not the mistakenly quoted " they don't want women to be allowed to have an abortion even they are gonna die or are raped" that I have often seen reported . I am not a republican, I am an independent, and I think they are not stringent enough on the issue. Either way, all I ask is for people to take responsibility for their actions. I actually know a girl who was raped, and becuase she felt it would be creating a 2nd victim if she had an abortion, chose to have the child and give it up for adoption. Now I would not make that mandatory, from what I have seen working with youth (was a youth pastor for 5 years, and coach highschool sports) rape is seriously traumatic. The W's , Clintons, and anyone else that I think will tell you whatever they need to to get your vote, so they can do whatever they can get away with are the real danger to the American way of life IMO. Luckily our system of government limits the damage they can do. I would always rather have a Ronald Reagan or Jimmy Carter running for office. No matter what side of the fence you fall on , I think respect is due to them both. They told you what they were going to do , and did it, Now I think Carter screwed up the country, and Reagan was a hero who broke the soviet Union, but I have heard/had people I respect completely disagree with me wholeheartedly on which one of them was god/bad for the country. Still, they both told you what they were going to do, and stuck to it. Principal and Character matter most to me. I feel McCain has more of it than Obama. Disagree if you will, thats your right , but please don't insult my beliefs. I came to them over a long period of time , thought, debate, and study. I feel they are logical and right, and to call them lame when you really don't know them or their process is insulting. Thanks
Kracker_Jap
8/29/08 8:58:56PM

Well Stated ....
Pages: [1] 2 3