*IF* Mayweather signed in UFC, is that a good thing?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » *IF* Mayweather signed in UFC, is that a good thing?
pinoymixplaya
6/10/08 9:35:21AM
What do you think? Does he really need to be in the UFC? As a boxing fan, I think he should've stayed in boxing because of the potential fights between other great welterweights like Cotto but what is he doing in MMA? Has he done any training? It seems that the UFC is trying to grab whoever they can to make pay-per-view sales...Lesnar......
Franklinfan47
6/10/08 11:04:10AM
I think it would be good because it would probably bring alot of fans over to mma to watch Mayweather fight. And plus I would like it cuz we could watch Mayweather get his ass kicked by actual mma fighters .
tomsmith17381
6/10/08 12:05:09PM
it would be awesome just for one reason and that is to put to rest the who would win between a boxer and a mixed martial artist. mayweather would get smashed and it would be fun to watch the cocky arrogant idiot being carried out of the octagon. however i do not feel this way about lesnar i fel he has alot to offer the ufc.
dannyfrank
6/10/08 12:28:30PM
i see it as a way of getting more people to watch UFC
SpiderSilva
6/10/08 1:47:25PM
what if he has a good takedown defense that no one knows about like Chuck then he might do pretty good
puppetmaster837
6/10/08 2:57:19PM
It would be good depending on who he fought. If anyone tries and stand with him they are going to get KTFOed. But then put him in the octagon with a pure grappler and he will probably get tooled.
The_Grim_Reaper
6/10/08 3:05:49PM
i think it would be goo dit would bring alot of fans over to watch that ppv at least and possibly get hooked plus it legitamizes the sport cus it shows like wow a pro boxer is doing this is must be legit and even more if mayweather lost then it would be better to be like wow the best lw boxer ever has just been beaten this sport has to be legit
hippysmacker
6/10/08 3:14:31PM
Dana just denied it in a interview with CNBC. Time will tell if this is the truth, or another ploy. Since it was on CNBC and not to some internet MMA reporter, I think he will likely be a lot more truthful.
VictimSix
6/10/08 6:41:28PM

Posted by tomsmith17381
it would be awesome just for one reason and that is to put to rest the who would win between a boxer and a mixed martial artist In a Mma match. mayweather would get smashed and it would be fun to watch the cocky arrogant idiot being carried out of the octagon. however i do not feel this way about lesnar i fel he has alot to offer the ufc.

Fixed. If they feed him someone like Tony Frykland or sombody that would actually stand up with him at 145 pounds Mayweather would kill 'em. Obviously any grappler would pound him out.

This will probably never happen.
JimiMak
6/10/08 9:09:48PM
Does anyone even believe this is possible? He would want too much money and would have no skill. No chance.