Mayweather backing down already?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mayweather backing down already?
JimiMak
5/6/07 12:27:48PM
According to this Dana says he can make a very competitiver offer to Mayweather (relative to his recent payday), yet Mayweather says he was only kidding/hyping the fight.

LINK
chentay2112
5/6/07 1:29:41PM
well that diden't come as much of a surprise did it

Manfred
5/6/07 2:22:58PM
From Boxing News

Mayweather Jr. swallowed his pride and sincerely stated to Fightnews that he has no plans of competing in any organization of mixed martial arts,

"I apologize to the UFC, sometimes we say things that we shouldn't have said and I'm man enough to admit that. I apologize to the Fertittas, Lorenzo and Dana White (UFC owners). I respect MMA fighters and what they do in the UFC. I have no plans of fighting in mixed martial arts."

argile
5/6/07 2:58:03PM
hah he brought Sherk with him. Mayweather wouldn't really stand much of a chance against someone like Sherk. Imho.
Sam_Rothstein
5/6/07 6:15:48PM
well seeing as floyd said he is officially retired after the win against de la hoya

there will be no chance whatsoever to see this fight happen, i dont really think dana could offer the 20 mil it would take to get into the ring

floyd mayweather wouldnt even fight Antonio Margarito for 8 million and that was under boxing rules
Ultimate_fighter
5/6/07 9:02:02PM
HAHA... What a chump!
elmo
5/7/07 12:54:58AM
Is there some beef between Sherk and PBF?

I dont know the story behind this, someone please update me.

Cheers.
Mastodon2
5/7/07 7:44:45AM
PBF dissed UFC and MMA, saying that it was just a thug sport etc, no skill involved blah blah blah, said he could beat MMA guys, Dana said he could fight Sherk if he wanted to, PBF sees that he is being asked to back up his words and apoligises rather than lose his integrity.
pv3Hpv3p
5/7/07 4:13:23PM

Posted by elmo

Is there some beef between Sherk and PBF?

I dont know the story behind this, someone please update me.

Cheers.

Here's a couple articles about it...

Floyd's Comments

Sherk's Rebutle so to say

Tale of the tape (with poll)

If you dig around in the news forums, I know there's a lot more than just these articles... But this should give you an idea of what was going on