Maynard vs,. Guida post-fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Maynard vs,. Guida post-fight
FastKnockout
6/23/12 1:36:10AM
Does anyone happen to know what was said between Maynard and Guida when Maynard was exiting the cage?
prozacnation1978
6/23/12 1:54:38AM
Probably told him to go run a marathon with kalib running man starnes
george112
6/23/12 2:03:45AM
I think guida was saying he won that fight
frizzzlecake
6/23/12 2:05:29AM
What guida wanted:

What Maynard wanted:

What happened
:
Chael_Sonnen
6/23/12 2:17:06AM
Gray's translation:

Yo ClayDEE, Stop pulling an anDEE in main events
Poor_Franklin
6/23/12 2:50:41AM
hate it for the peeps who paid to see it live
tmas
6/23/12 3:21:53AM
i thought it was an awesome fight and great stratagy by clay its not like he wasnt ingaging he brought the fight he just ran away from Grey's punches goooood striking defenese!.
Poor_Franklin
6/23/12 3:36:21AM
it was a good defense, but it wasnt fun for the fan. i scored it for guida, but cant say i was disappointed in the maynard decision. it's nice to see that strategy not rewarded.

guida had a good gameplan, but very unexciting & i think the fans won with this decision more than maynard did.
Rabi
6/23/12 6:52:36AM
I really like Guida but IMO this was a horrible fight and it wasn't Maynards fault. I never imagined I'd see Guida warned for not engaging. I'm glad Maynard won as I don't think fighters should be awarded for running! We had a few good moments of action and we saw had good the fight could have been, I jus wish Guida would have engaged more.
Budgellism
6/23/12 11:35:22AM
Just had the chance to watch it. That fight was not good in any way. Guida's strategy was one of the most boring I've ever seen. He literally ran for most of the fight. The rest of the card was great though. Lots of unexpected moments.
Pookie
6/23/12 5:11:59PM
How can you get up in someones face post-fight, but not do it during the fight at all?
jakewalters
6/23/12 11:45:47PM
LINK - Dana White Vlog

Dana had a crazy blog of UFC on FX 4 after the fight. Guida and Maynard mix it up. Somehow, Guida feels spurned that he lost the fight and that Maynard wasn't fighting fair, pulling his hair and whatnot.

Guida is a joke. Went from a huge fan to a huge hater in the last 24 hrs.
Pookie
6/24/12 1:11:13AM

Posted by jakewalters

LINK - Dana White Vlog

Dana had a crazy blog of UFC on FX 4 after the fight. Guida and Maynard mix it up. Somehow, Guida feels spurned that he lost the fight and that Maynard wasn't fighting fair, pulling his hair and whatnot.

Guida is a joke. Went from a huge fan to a huge hater in the last 24 hrs.

Pretty classless.
PhilBrito
6/24/12 5:26:13PM
Couple things from the fight:

1. I thought Guida won the fight, but I'm very glad Maynard won.

2. If you're gonna fight for points don't bitch when the judges don't see it your way.

3. I don't think Maynard intentionally grabbed Guidas hair. If you're gonna have long
hair, don't bitch when you get our hair pulled during a MT clinch.

4. I know it's boring, but these guys are trying to win the fight. Lay n pray, running like Guida sucks to watch, but it gets Wins. Don't like it, learn to stop it. It's like Spurs basketball, half court basketball making the extra pass to Bowen in the corner may not be exciting but they got the rings to back it up. That being said I respect Maynard calling Guida out after the fight because he got the W.
Pookie
6/25/12 8:01:03AM

Posted by PhilBrito
2. If you're gonna fight for points don't bitch when the judges don't see it your way.

AussiePride
7/1/12 3:29:42AM
Guida was accusing Maynard of grabbing his hair in the clinch exchanges.
Bubbles
7/2/12 10:57:34PM
I just watched the fight, and I scored it 48-47 for Guida (rounds 1, 2, 5)...though I can see Maynard winning the 5th round to win the fight. I didn't mind that strategy (though it wasn't very appealing), but it was in no way the same as Condit's - in fact it was far better.

Guida was not really "running away" all fight like Condit did. Guida did have a defensive and less aggressive strategy, but he at least shot in for combinations. Maynard's main offensive attack all fight was an overhand and you are going to miss 9 times out of 10 with the way Guida moves. Yeah he back pedaled and bounced side to side a lot, but he only turned his back once the entire fight. I know most people here like to use the "look at ___'s face after the fight and tell me who won" line...i think this is a stupid way to judge a fight but lets play along...Maynard's face was more bruised and cut up than Guida's - kinda hard to do that if he ran away all fight.

Maynard may have been stalking Guida down most of the fight, but according to fightmetric, he threw almost 100 less strikes. Again that's really hard to do if Guida ran away all fight