Mayhem Miller walks off the MMA Hour

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Mayhem Miller walks off the MMA Hour
TeamDEY
10/8/12 6:40:52PM
Just wondering if you guys have seen this video. Miller really needs to seek professional help, he is mentally unstable.

Video
cowcatcher
10/8/12 7:05:42PM
I want to like the guy, he's been funny for most of his career, but his "I'm Still Here" Joaquin Phoenix act is beyond bizarre. I'd love to hear someone close to him come out and talk about where his head is at right now because he seems to be in a horrible spiral right now, and those usually end in a bad crash.
tcunningham
10/8/12 7:07:57PM
i didnt even finish the vid. that dude is off the deep end for sure.
SmileR
10/8/12 7:10:41PM
I watched it live before and the guy is either a huge asshole or in need of some serious help. Its more than likely both though.
Budgellism
10/8/12 7:12:11PM
Woah. Whether this is supposed to be a joke or not, he needs some help. He took it too far. He's clearly in a rough place. He was a little crazy before but this is fucked up.
DancingDoll
10/8/12 7:23:11PM
I don't think it's just that he's in a rough place.

He needs meds. I think there's a genuine diagnosable disorder at play here, and it's a shame that either he's refusing to get help or that his support system isn't working on his behalf to get him treatment.

I couldn't finish watching the vid either. I felt bad for Ariel - what an unbelievably uncomfortable and awkward interview!
thevoodooninja
10/8/12 7:36:08PM
That was hard to watch. I really don't think he's in need of meds. What I think he needs is for someone to give him so old school attention and smack him up side the head and telling him to stop acting stupid.
Gogoplatapus
10/8/12 8:01:20PM
The *shirt snap crossed the line IMO.
Bubbles
10/8/12 8:25:57PM

Posted by DancingDoll

He needs meds. I think there's a genuine diagnosable disorder at play here, and it's a shame that either he's refusing to get help or that his support system isn't working on his behalf to get him treatment.

Maybe some of those meds would be on the banned list while he was fighting and since he never took it he doesn't think he needs it. Just speculating
DancingDoll
10/8/12 8:56:29PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by DancingDoll

Maybe some of those meds would be on the banned list while he was fighting and since he never took it he doesn't think he needs it. Just speculating

Yeah, I agree. If they are banned, that's definitely motivation to avoid diagnosis. I don't know how the UFC works with medications for mental health. After the naked church incident, it reminded me of Britney's hair-shaving/umbrella attack incident many years ago. And this video just doesn't seem right to me. Things like bipolar are really under-diagnosed in society. Not saying that's his issue necessarily, but hopefully someone helps get him checked out just incase.
BuffaloDave
10/8/12 9:30:01PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I want to like the guy, he's been funny for most of his career, but his "I'm Still Here" Joaquin Phoenix act is beyond bizarre. I'd love to hear someone close to him come out and talk about where his head is at right now because he seems to be in a horrible spiral right now, and those usually end in a bad crash.

At least Joaquin came out and admitted it was all an act. Mayhem is just acting like a damn jackass, more so than ever before, it was funny for a few mins. But you could see Helwani getting uncomfortable.

Hopefully someone close to him, gets him some help, guy definitely needs it.
fullerene
10/9/12 2:30:18PM
I hope it's not concussion/fighting related problems he's had. I'm always a little hesitant to criticize veteran or retired fighters for erratic behaviour since it often turns out to be the result of the head trauma they've suffered in providing us entertainment.

I hope in Mayhem's case that it's just an act. And that he stops it.