MAYHEM!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MAYHEM!!!
rameses7878
6/11/07 11:56:00PM
I am a huge Mayhem Miller fan! The guy is hilarious and a great fighter. I wonder why Dana hasn't put him back in the UFC instead of having him on WEC. Who is a Mayhem Monkey??
Naturaldisaster
6/12/07 1:03:52AM
I like mayhem. He's exciting to watch. and I liked how in his fight with GSP when GSP was beating mayhems ass, mayhen continued to smile and fight and most importantly HAVE FUN! he's a great fighter and I'd love to see him back on the big show
pv3Hpv3p
6/12/07 1:45:03AM
I like Mayhem too...

I think the problem with him in the bigger orgs is that he's to big to effectively cut to 170, and just not in the upper echelon of 185ers, so he's kind of in limbo
rameses7878
6/12/07 2:25:17PM
Well Quest seems to think he's got a shot with the MIddleweights. We will see...

Did you guys see the rumors for WEC 29 on Aug. 5th!!!! Filho debuts.
fedorwins1
6/12/07 3:08:39PM

Posted by rameses7878

I am a huge Mayhem Miller fan! The guy is hilarious and a great fighter. I wonder why Dana hasn't put him back in the UFC instead of having him on WEC. Who is a Mayhem Monkey??

He's not in the UFC anymore because he gave out a spoiler who the TUF 2 finalist are. It sucks he got kicked out for something like that, I would love to see him back in the UFC!
pv3Hpv3p
6/12/07 3:12:06PM

Posted by rameses7878

Did you guys see the rumors for WEC 29 on Aug. 5th!!!! Filho debuts.

I think it's strange sending one of the best 185ers out there into the WEC, especially with MW being one of the most lacking divisions in the UFC... I guess he doesn't have the most exciting style, but talent should be rewarded regardless, IMO...

Any word on an opponent yet?
rameses7878
6/12/07 4:02:25PM
I think what is gonna happen is the WEC might take over the role that Pride was supposed to take. It's just my opinion but it's looking that way. Especially after hearing that Pulver will make his way over to the WEC after the fight with BJ.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/19/07 8:08:57AM
Mayhem Miller is the one of the better MW fighters today. When they made him cut to WW to fight GSP, he still took GSP 3 rounds, something that even the Muscle Shark and Hughes couldn't do. All I want to know right now is, does the UFC plan to build him up for the vacant MW belt in WEC?
fatdevil1982
6/19/07 8:38:17AM
as soon as zuffa got a hold of his contract (from buying the wfa) they immediately knew they wanted him in the WEC. they needed his huge fan base to build a fan base for the wec. the same with filhoand pulver, they will use there name to build the WEC.

they are trying to build up the WEC to be the farm league for the UFC, which it already was, but know they own it and can control everything about it. and by putting big names in it it will spark a small competative nature in fans
jdubs
6/19/07 11:58:41AM
i would like to see miller vs kos
hippysmacker
6/19/07 11:29:16PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by rameses7878

He's not in the UFC anymore because he gave out a spoiler who the TUF 2 finalist are. It sucks he got kicked out for something like that, I would love to see him back in the UFC!

I'm not doubting you , but do you have a source on this? Or is it just some inside info.
ultimatefighter33
6/20/07 9:50:40PM
miller vs jon fitch would be great
rcg916
6/20/07 9:53:40PM

Posted by ultimatefighter33

miller vs jon fitch would be great

Except they are at different weight classes......
johny_rotten
6/20/07 11:26:01PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by rameses7878

I'm not doubting you , but do you have a source on this? Or is it just some inside info.

I am doubting him on this. The reason Miller didn't fight in the UFC after his debut is he wasn't allowed to leave Hawaii. He was arested for assault, and at least one other charge for fighting some guy in his women's aprtment, or some crap like that. Not to mention if Zuffa was pissed at him for telling people who was in the TUF 2 finale then why are they letting him fight the WEC. They own that as well.

I am a big Mayhem fan as well. I think it is good that he isn't in the UFC. He is still young, and needs to add a better stand up game, before he gets in there with the best of the UFC. Going to that level now will only hurt him unless they would build him up like a TUF vet, but that is doubtfull since they made his debut against GSP.