Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage Verbally Agreed for UFC 145 in Atlanta

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage Verbally Agreed for UFC 145 in Atlanta
BuffaloDave
1/19/12 2:18:01PM
Former Sengoku fighter Maximo Blanco will make his featherweight debut at UFC 145 in Atlanta. He faces former Ultimate Fighter competitor Marcus Brimage.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight on Thursday with verbal agreements in place for the April bout.

LINK
FastKnockout
1/19/12 2:23:46PM
Marcus gonna be blasted.
Shawn91111
1/19/12 2:29:02PM
bye Marcus
DrivenDavies15
1/19/12 2:31:28PM
Blanco is a beast, just the other day I was wondering when he was gonna fight cuz I remembered they signed him in September. Brimage just doesn't have what it takes to beat him. Maximo KO R1
gartface
1/19/12 2:39:41PM
Hopefully get to make it to Philips that night to see my boy Brimage tear it up.
Twenty20Dollars
1/19/12 2:43:20PM
I forgot that Blanco signed.
hashyandy4
1/19/12 3:25:53PM
Good 1st fight for Maxi, im thinkin a 1st round tko
gartface
1/19/12 4:01:20PM
Didn't he just get tooled by Pat Healey on short notice?
emfleek
1/19/12 5:02:08PM
Super tough fight for Marcus. Dang!
Poor_Franklin
1/19/12 5:22:18PM
every ATL announcement is going to sicken me bc im not going to be able to go.
prozacnation1978
1/19/12 6:32:12PM
Nice fight. Can't wait to go to Atlanta
Just don't know if in fact the whole Montreal card will be on Atlanta yet.
shaneTpain
1/19/12 7:27:34PM
can u say SLUGFEST?
kopower
1/19/12 8:50:36PM

Posted by gartface

I'm with ya Tim. Blanco did not impress me his last fight. Healey is a decent fighter, not great, and his length and grappling seemed to give Blanco problems. I know Marcus doesn't possess the same skills as Healy, but Marcus stands a decent shot here. It should be a stand up war while it lasts.
Franklinfan47
1/19/12 11:36:40PM

Posted by gartface

Yuuuuuuuuuup.

War Ankle Titties
FR33B1RD
1/19/12 11:59:02PM

Posted by gartface

So is Brimage is as good as Healey? and doesnt taking a fight on short notice help someones case for a loss, not to reinforce personal disdain? I'm not saying its not a good matchup here but I dont know that you thought that statement through.
gartface
1/20/12 8:23:51AM

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by gartface

So is Brimage is as good as Healey? and doesnt taking a fight on short notice help someones case for a loss, not to reinforce personal disdain? I'm not saying its not a good matchup here but I dont know that you thought that statement through.

I thought the statement through. I never said that Brimage was as good as Healey, and never said Brimage would beat Blanco. The point I was trying to make is that Blanco gets drooled over on this site like he's a world beater, when in actuality, he got whipped by a journeyman in Healey.

As for the short notice, I think that can go either way. I still tend to think that the fighter who was originally slated to take that fight has the advantage due to physical preparation. The game plan may or may not be thrown out the window, but the shape the fighter is in is definitely a factor in the fight.