maxim ten best pride ko's

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » maxim ten best pride ko's
catal77
8/16/07 5:20:47PM
dont know if you have already seen this but it has some good stuff.
http://www.maximonline.com/slideshows/videos/pridefighting.aspx?film=10
do you agree with this list?
Jackelope
8/16/07 5:29:47PM
Haha.. hard to argue with some of those knockouts. Although I think Sakurai's should have been number one. Lights out on the feet is always great

On a side note- I love watching Randleman fight. Sometimes that guy just explodes with some of the most devastating shit. He's got one of the classic knockouts on Crocop and probably the most classic slam ever on Fedor.
juanez13
8/16/07 5:29:59PM
damn man i hadnt seen this be4.....this is great, i love how they have the clip of each KO,,....

but i dont understand how Cro cop's KO of igor "ice cold" wasnt there.....or even his KO over aleks emelianenko......
catal77
8/16/07 5:31:51PM
some really good kos in there. its a few months old. but really good stuff. some of those look really brutal.
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 9:58:41PM
I Especially liked the Hendo Fight
kaduey
8/17/07 12:24:00AM
I like all those KOs but c'mon James Thompson vs. Fujita? The only Thompson fight I would put in the top ten knock outs is when Aleksander put to sleep.
johny_rotten
8/17/07 12:33:04AM
There could so many on the list. Who ever made this had a hard job. I do think he missed 2 or 3 of the best ever though. As some one mentioned Cro Cop KOing Igor was insane. Igor KOing Bueno is one of my favorite in all of MMA history. Last but not least Yvel KOing Big Daddy is out standing as well.
cmill21
8/17/07 12:35:49AM
I don't know how Mirko's LHK's aren't on there...I thought andersons flying knee should also be on there.
Mastodon2
8/17/07 4:18:29AM
Igor KO'ing Bueno should have been on there, that was brutal, like Baroni versus Dave Menne, only Igor hits twice as hard!

Igor actually scored a very similar KO over someone at a later Pride event, it was his comeback after a lay off, he had lost a lot of weight and looked like he was in incredible shape, he was so quick, but he proved he didnt lose any power when he got the guy against the ropes. One big shot was all it took, one big shot was all he threw, landed square on the button, the guy went out like a light, but Igor tagged him a few more times on the way down for good measure!

Igor looked amazing in that fight. Maybe if he had been at that weight 5 years ago, and Pride hadnt been scared of letting him face Wanderlei, he could have taken it. Now I'm not saying that Pride protected Wanderlei, but Igor vs Wanderlei is a really obvious striker on striker matchup, and would have made for a great main event. I'm just puzzled (and disappointed) that they never made it happen
the-james
8/17/07 11:19:29AM

Posted by kaduey

I like all those KOs but c'mon James Thompson vs. Fujita? The only Thompson fight I would put in the top ten knock outs is when Aleksander put to sleep.

I think Fujita's KO of Thompson is alot better than the Aleks Knockout just because of how hug e the punch was and seiing JT jaw get crushed. And also the Aleks one wasnt even that good it was just funny because of how intense JT was only to get knockedout a 30 seconds later.
catal77
8/17/07 12:10:34PM
man just watched igor getting ko'd by cro cop. that definitely need to be in the top 10 holy crap. that reminded me of gonzaga and cro cop a few months back. its a sick sound when the leg connects.
Believe-in-judo81
8/19/07 9:18:27AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Igor KO'ing Bueno should have been on there, that was brutal, like Baroni versus Dave Menne, only Igor hits twice as hard!

Igor actually scored a very similar KO over someone at a later Pride event, it was his comeback after a lay off, he had lost a lot of weight and looked like he was in incredible shape, he was so quick, but he proved he didnt lose any power when he got the guy against the ropes. One big shot was all it took, one big shot was all he threw, landed square on the button, the guy went out like a light, but Igor tagged him a few more times on the way down for good measure!

Igor looked amazing in that fight. Maybe if he had been at that weight 5 years ago, and Pride hadnt been scared of letting him face Wanderlei, he could have taken it. Now I'm not saying that Pride protected Wanderlei, but Igor vs Wanderlei is a really obvious striker on striker matchup, and would have made for a great main event. I'm just puzzled (and disappointed) that they never made it happen

Totally agree, that's my favorite MMA KO ever, from my favorite Stand-up centric MMA fighter. Sadly, Igor will always be the King without a crown of MMA.
Ordep
8/19/07 6:44:25PM
Where's the Rampage's powerbomb to Arona?
iwannabesedated
8/19/07 9:14:29PM

Posted by Ordep

Where's the Rampage's powerbomb to Arona?

For Real
SteedTheDeed
8/19/07 11:50:36PM
i would have silva vs rampage 2 higher.
johny_rotten
8/20/07 1:59:09AM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Posted by Mastodon2

Totally agree, that's my favorite MMA KO ever, from my favorite Stand-up centric MMA fighter. Sadly, Igor will always be the King without a crown of MMA.

I agree about Igor. He should have been in the mix at 205 from the beginning. With out a doubt he is one of the best and probably the most underated fighter in the history of the game. The worst part is he is gone now that some real money can be made. I would love to see him at least once in the UFC.
scoozna
8/20/07 2:06:12PM
Too many KOs to make everyone happy in a top 10 list...but keep trying!

No list is complete without the Rampage/Arona slam.
Khon_Nan
8/21/07 7:13:27PM
Well cro cops Left kick KO over wandy is a must in my book!
tommyprairie
8/21/07 8:09:11PM
Not the best, but all are great knock outs