Mauro Ranallo and John McCarthy to announce Affliction: Banned pay-per-view event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mauro Ranallo and John McCarthy to announce Affliction: Banned pay-per-view event
Porch28
6/24/08 10:17:05PM
It was announced over the weekend that Mauro Ranallo and John McCarthy have been named as the announce team for Affliction’s first-ever event on Saturday, July 19 in Anaheim, Calif.

LINK
bojangalz
6/24/08 10:42:05PM
I cannot wait to hear Big John behind the mic. Now, if Affliction really wants to make a splash, they'd throw him in to ref the Fedor/Silvia fight as well. Come to think of it, John didn't have many kind words about the UFC's free card during his appearance on Inside MMA last week....Hmmm I guess the pieces fit a little better now.

At any rate, I just hope Affliction can keep up this momentum. It seams like the more announcements that come out, the more sceptical I am that they can replicate any success. This card seems bloated to me, I think the headliners could have been broken down into probably two or three follow-up cards.

Good luck Affliction!
Pookie
6/24/08 11:04:45PM
Im kind of bummed that ill be missing there announcing, but then i re-think about it and realize that i dont care because im going to be there
*happy dance*

Really though this should be a great combo just as long as John Mccarthy isnt horrendous, and with his knowledge of the sport i sincerely doubt it.
gartface
6/24/08 11:26:00PM
It's not going to have the same ring to it "As you know John McCarthy, the Safety of the fighter is Paramount!"
DAAANGERROUSS!!!!
rabbit915
6/24/08 11:38:12PM
No Mauro is spreading. I cant stand his voice.

To me a play by play announcer should be like a bass player. You dont really notice him until you have a bad one. While i cant help but notice Mauro, and that is not a good thing.

The color commentary is another story. I should remember him. He should have good knowledge and some interesting quips to throw in. I think John McCarthy has that covered. Interesting to see how good his delivery is.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/24/08 11:57:54PM
this will be a great combination. mauro is the hype guy and john is the knowledgeable. I wonder what dana thinks about big john doing this.
RampageOwnedYou
6/25/08 12:00:43AM
I must say im LOVING this news. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!
cmill21
6/25/08 12:32:25AM

Posted by Pookie

Im kind of bummed that ill be missing there announcing, but then i re-think about it and realize that i dont care because im going to be there
*happy dance*

Really though this should be a great combo just as long as John Mccarthy isnt horrendous, and with his knowledge of the sport i sincerely doubt it.

Lucky prick.
Pookie
6/25/08 12:37:46AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

*happy dance*

Lucky prick.

You have no idea, i got the seats from my girlfriend who is ridiculously out of my league to begin with.
xphycorx
6/25/08 1:06:09AM
wow dana is not a happy dude right now...
roman
6/25/08 3:19:39AM
I have never liked Mauro (and I have always felt weird i am the only one), but I really can't wait for Big John.

Now a Bas and Big John team would get me hard.
Ordep
6/25/08 3:20:58AM
the refs must do a good job during the fights if they dont want to get flamed on the mic by the #1
jiujitsufreak74
6/25/08 3:21:56AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

*happy dance*

Lucky prick.

You have no idea man, i got the seats from my girlfriend who is ridiculously out of my league to begin with.

i'm still convinced she is blind
Pookie
6/25/08 3:52:02AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

*happy dance*

Lucky prick.

You have no idea man, i got the seats from my girlfriend who is ridiculously out of my league to begin with.

i'm still convinced she is blind

As am I