Mauro Ranallo with Dana White: The MMA Show

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mauro Ranallo with Dana White: The MMA Show
crushedbacon
8/6/11 12:10:31AM
Mauro Ranallo talks with UFC President Dana White about UFC 133, the recent release of Golden Glory fighters and where Fedor ranks among the all-time greats in the sport. Pretty heated little exchange, awkward too

http://video.thescore.com/watch/mauro-ranallo-with-dana-white

mrsmiley
8/6/11 4:50:13AM
"I admit are heavy weight division at that time was no good." Dana White

No offense to the UFC HW division when I think it' better than ever but when you had a champion sense then that barely had 5 fights and won the title it doesn't help your case Dana.

Nuff said.
KungFuMaster
8/6/11 11:11:48AM
The same spill we mma fans give when we talk about Fedor....

Anyway, I am not so sure Ranallo is going to have a job with Zuffa after Strike Force closes. To me, it looks like Dana cannot stand the likes of Ranallo. It was not necessarily the topic of Fedor which sparked the confrontation. Dana did not appreciate the questions prior to the Fedor talk which had already breached Dana's threshold as one can hear by the sound of his voice.
prophecy033
8/6/11 11:45:24AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Anyway, I am not so sure Ranallo is going to have a job with Zuffa after Strike Force closes. To me, it looks like Dana cannot stand the likes of Ranallo. It was not necessarily the topic of Fedor which sparked the confrontation. Dana did not appreciate the questions prior to the Fedor talk which had already breached Dana's threshold as one can hear by the sound of his voice.

Dana is already writing up his termination papers as we speak.
Dana said Fedor didn't fight ufc champions. He said they were out of the ufc, which is right but let's lake a look at the numbers
TIM Sylvia was fighting Big Nog for the Belt on February 2, 2008, was released by the ufc and in his very next fight on July 19, 2008 fought Fedor at Affliction.
Arlovski lost the ufc title to Sylvia on July 8, 2006, proceeded to win 5 in a row, 3 in the ufc 2 outside against 2 current ufc heavyweights in Rothwell and Nelson, then fought Fedor on January 24, 2009
Fabricio Werdum was released by the ufc after 4 fights in which he lost,won,won, and lost. The last lose is to a guy in Dos Santos that is regarded by many to be the next big thing. So when Dana said that Werdum was cut because of loses he was technically right.
He doesn't wanna give Fedor his repect, that's cool. Just tell me why if all the guys he's fought were cans, why were you so excited to sign the likes of big nog, herring, and cro-cop. He beat all those guys, then you promote them on the main cards. But their cans. I'm confused Mr. White
mrsmiley
8/6/11 2:12:58PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

Dana said Fedor didn't fight ufc champions. He said they were out of the ufc, which is right but let's lake a look at the numbers
TIM Sylvia was fighting Big Nog for the Belt on February 2, 2008, was released by the ufc and in his very next fight on July 19, 2008 fought Fedor at Affliction.
Arlovski lost the ufc title to Sylvia on July 8, 2006, proceeded to win 5 in a row, 3 in the ufc 2 outside against 2 current ufc heavyweights in Rothwell and Nelson, then fought Fedor on January 24, 2009
Fabricio Werdum was released by the ufc after 4 fights in which he lost,won,won, and lost. The last lose is to a guy in Dos Santos that is regarded by many to be the next big thing. So when Dana said that Werdum was cut because of loses he was technically right.
He doesn't wanna give Fedor his repect, that's cool. Just tell me why if all the guys he's fought were cans, why were you so excited to sign the likes of big nog, herring, and cro-cop. He beat all those guys, then you promote them on the main cards. But their cans. I'm confused Mr. White

Gotta spread the love
KungFuMaster
8/6/11 3:48:36PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

You should tweet this to Dana.
Pookie
8/6/11 5:21:26PM
I've always like Mauro
prophecy033
8/6/11 5:36:52PM

Posted by Pookie

I've always like Mauro

So have I, he can get a little extreme on his play by play but he brings it every time.
I fell he was doing what any good interviewer does, and that's ask the tough questions. Dana got pissed and now mauro is probably out of a job.
KungFuMaster
8/6/11 7:09:58PM
I like Ranallo too but I can see why some would find him annoying or pompous.

But anyway, it would not be difficult for Ranallo to find another job.
Chael_Sonnen
8/6/11 8:59:13PM
Mauro looks like a child molester with his head shaved.