No Mauro: Affliction finalizes broadcast team for ‘Banned’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » No Mauro: Affliction finalizes broadcast team for ‘Banned’
MMAcca
7/7/08 2:03:16PM
Affliction MMA today made the broadcast team official for its debut show, “Banned,” which will take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on July 19.

And the veteran voice of mixed martial arts Mauro Ranallo -– who was believed to be part of the ensemble -– will not call the fights for the upstart promotion.

In fact, according to press release issued just this morning, “television sports reporter and announcer, Jay Glazer, will handle blow-by-blow action” for the pay-per-view (PPV) and Fox Sports Net (FSN) telecasts.

Glazer will be shoulder-to-shoulder in the booth with color commentators, Frank Trigg and “Big” John McCarthy. This won’t be the first time Glazer and Trigg have teamed up -– the pair hosted the Pride FC special programs that often aired on FSN.

LINK
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/7/08 2:08:23PM
i'd rather hear Glazer than Mauro any day
puppetmaster837
7/7/08 2:35:21PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Id rather hear Bas then Glazer or Mauro any day
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/7/08 2:42:08PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

duh
mk1630
7/7/08 3:56:15PM

Indeed
whardin19
7/7/08 4:43:30PM

Posted by mk1630

Indeed

Darnok
7/7/08 7:14:51PM
I really like Bas for his knowledge but he really has a tough time expressing himself.

When he is anouncing he is too busy saying ooh ouch and that is gonna hurt instead of saying so and so is going for an arm bar. I don't mind it so much if I am watching by myself but when I am watching with friends I find I have to explain what is happening. Bas sounds like he is sitting on a couch with his friends when he is commentating.
JimiMak
7/7/08 7:55:57PM
I hate listening to Mauro, Glazer isn't that good but I guess he's better than Mauro.
mrsmiley
7/7/08 8:29:16PM

Posted by mk1630

Indeed