Mauricio Rua??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mauricio Rua??
mmabadboy
4/18/09 2:15:46PM
Hey only just signed up to this n never posted anything before,

But was shogun ever really that good the fights ive seen him in he looks terrible, ive only seen him against rampage n coleman in pride when he broke his arm and when he caught rampage in the ribs, and his recent ufc fights he looked sluggish and and dull, but theres a lot off people who say he was one of the best 205 pounders in the world, but the impression i get is that hes just overated

could someone tell me some of his best matches coz it sounds like im missing out on some good ones, cheers
SpiderSilva
4/18/09 2:24:40PM
he was good but I never thought he was the best check out the video section he did beat Overeem pretty good
chuckw94
4/18/09 2:49:21PM
watch his fights against arona, lil nogueira, rampage, randleman, nakamura, and overeem x 2. he's my favorite fighter but i think he lost something after the first coleman fight.
loller90278
4/18/09 3:13:55PM
i think his fight with antonio rogerio nogueira showcases his skills the best.

Pookie
4/18/09 3:23:31PM
Rogerio
Nakamura,
Gono
Overeem x2
Rampage
Arona**
Cyborg
Randleman
Pookie
4/18/09 3:25:37PM

Posted by chuckw94

watch his fights against arona, lil nogueira, rampage, randleman, nakamura, and overeem x 2. he's my favorite fighter but i think he lost something after the first coleman fight.

i disagree, he had 4 very impressive performances in a row after the coleman fight.

He didnt look bad until the fight with Griffin and the injuries that went along with that fight.
1daveufc
4/18/09 3:31:43PM

Posted by chuckw94

Why dont i tell you what he has lost and its the kicks and stomps to the head when his opponent is on the mat.That was when he was most affective he was a killing machine in pride but with the change in rules he is only 50% the fighter he was.Prove me wrong shogun please.WAR SHOGUN
1daveufc
4/18/09 3:34:50PM
Just put his name in on you tube and try watch his fights there is some good hl reels on there.You will be impressed.GO SHOGUN
cmill21
4/18/09 3:50:29PM

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by chuckw94

Why dont i tell you what he has lost and its the kicks and stomps to the head when his opponent is on the mat.That was when he was most affective he was a killing machine in pride but with the change in rules he is only 50% the fighter he was.Prove me wrong shogun please.WAR SHOGUN

He's acctually 3-1 under no stomp rules.
Ordep
4/18/09 4:58:46PM
check his whole run to win the 2005 GP

look for the matches vs. Overeem and vs. Nogueira
ChokeUout
4/19/09 6:42:59AM
well, this is the first post on here after UFC 97, and I bet we don't get anymore "Shogun's not that good" talk for awhile
bls1919
4/19/09 9:20:38AM
He proved last night that he is back and ready to put it on. There are a lot of tough guys in the LHW division and he will create some interesting match-ups for sure. He needs 2 more wins before getting his shot at the title.
Chuteboxer
4/19/09 10:42:45AM

Posted by bls1919

He proved last night that he is back and ready to put it on. There are a lot of tough guys in the LHW division and he will create some interesting match-ups for sure. He needs 2 more wins before getting his shot at the title.

Indeed. I hope people will stop talking trash about him now. I knew from the start he'd beat Chuck.
Franklinfan47
4/19/09 11:29:06AM
He definately looked like the Shogun of old last night, which is even better because up until he caught chuck he looked like he was losing
Violence108
4/19/09 11:32:30AM
i'm going to call it right now
Shogun vs Rampage 2 !!!!

chitown97
4/19/09 11:56:28AM

Posted by Violence108

i'm going to call it right now
Shogun vs Rampage 2 !!!!

I am so ready for Shogun vs. Rampage II. I think after his performance against Chuck, he is going to push himself even harder at the gym. Up his cardio, since that is still kind of question, and we will see some great matchups at LHW.
cmill21
4/19/09 3:58:38PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

He definately looked like the Shogun of old last night, which is even better because up until he caught chuck he looked like he was losing

I whole heartedly disagree, I thought he landed everything, Chuck landed nothing but one or two punches and both had takedowns.
Playground_Samurai
4/19/09 4:05:28PM
I voted for the loser of Evans/Machida, but Cane would make for a meaningful match-up also.

I have him ranked at #4 behind Rashad, Forrest, and Machida, and just ahead of Rampage.
Pookie
4/19/09 4:10:38PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Franklinfan47

I whole heartedly disagree, I thought he landed everything, Chuck landed nothing but one or two punches and both had takedowns.

I agree, i think chuck landed 2-3 meaningful shots that fight and a takedown, whereas shogun landed some mean leg kicks, 3 or 4 over hand right counters that landed cleanly, a takedown and a submission attempt.
I think Rua had that round in the bag if it would have lasted the whole 5 minutes.