The Mauler’ Alexander Gustafsson Reportedly Out With A Broken Hand

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Mauler’ Alexander Gustafsson Reportedly Out With A Broken Hand
sparky
6/5/12 2:53:44PM
UFC light heavyweight Alexander ‘The Mauler’ Gustafsson (14-1) will not be available to return to the Octagon until this October due to a broken hand, this according to former UFC champ Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua who posted the news on Facebook recently.

Rua was discussing available possible opponents for his upcoming UFC 149 appearance in Calgary, Alberta after his original opponent, Thiago Silva, was forced to withdraw due to injury.

The original message was posted by ‘Shogun’ on his Facebook.com/MauricioRua.Shogun in Portuguese, and was re-posted by BloodyElbow.com with an English translation Monday night.

Link
gartface
6/5/12 3:06:12PM
Terrible news
Twenty20Dollars
6/5/12 3:08:35PM
Not like he had an opponent set and had to pull out, like we've had too much lately.
Pskinner_mma314
6/5/12 4:11:34PM
LAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!

Shogun and Gus woulda been a hell of a sight to watch.....unless your Chael Sonnen, then noone Brazilian is even slightly entertaining
infestructure
6/5/12 5:51:58PM
This rumor has just been quashed by Gusto himself. No broken hand , nothing wrong.

in an unrelated article by MMAjunkie...

Gustafsson, who today shot down unsubstantiated reports of a broken hand, recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he's targeting a summer return to the cage.
prophecy033
6/5/12 6:00:04PM

Posted by infestructure

This rumor has just been quashed by Gusto himself. No broken hand , nothing wrong.

in an unrelated article by MMAjunkie...

Gustafsson, who today shot down unsubstantiated reports of a broken hand, recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he's targeting a summer return to the cage.

If that's the case, Book Shogun vs Gustafsson
Bubbles
6/5/12 6:25:41PM
prozacnation1978
6/5/12 6:36:12PM
Evans vs shogun.

But i would like to see Gus vs bonnar or Evans in Vegas Sept
KungFuMaster
6/6/12 12:11:57AM
I hope this does not affect his momentum. He is one of the few who is a solid pick. I don't believe I have ever picked against him.
Bubbles
6/6/12 1:22:22PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Evans vs shogun.

imo there is no need to have 2 of the top 5 LHWs on a 2 fight losing streak
george112
6/6/12 1:31:26PM
Alex vs. Shogun

I'm all for it