No matter who wins at ufc 100

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » No matter who wins at ufc 100
MFOTHER
2/18/09 7:18:06PM
welterweight title bouts will be rematches for a while....

whether gsp or alves wins, the match-ups in title contention will be replays...

if gsp wins, his next fight at WW would prolly be Kos or Fitch....he has fought both
if alves wins same thing......

if Kos or fitch take the belt from either...they can either have a 3rd match with them....or thats about it.

AKA wont fight each other, so any fitch/kos fight wont happen.

Yes someone else could step up at 170 in the next few months....but who?
swick? also in AKA .... seems like it'll be hard to get to a title shot without fighting kos or fight

now i understand
A) WW is packed, and anything could happen
B) some of the rematches are interesting and would be good to see (alves/fitch)
C) maybe fitch or kos lose their next fights
chickmagnet
2/18/09 7:42:28PM
1 or 2 more fights and Anthony Johnson will be brought up in the title picture.
mk1630
2/18/09 8:08:31PM
I think if GSP wins that would be a perfect time for him to fight Anderson at 185. This wil give the 170ers time to hopefully have a clear cut top contender.
Franklinfan47
2/18/09 8:36:56PM

Posted by MFOTHER

welterweight title bouts will be rematches for a while....

whether gsp or alves wins, the match-ups in title contention will be replays...

if gsp wins, his next fight at WW would prolly be Kos or Fitch....he has fought both
if alves wins same thing......

if Kos or fitch take the belt from either...they can either have a 3rd match with them....or thats about it.

ATT wont fight each other, so any fitch/kos fight wont happen.

Yes someone else could step up at 170 in the next few months....but who?
swick? also in ATT .... seems like it'll be hard to get to a title shot without fighting kos or fight

now i understand
A) WW is packed, and anything could happen
B) some of the rematches are interesting and would be good to see (alves/fitch)
C) maybe fitch or kos lose their next fights

Fitch, Kos, and Swick all fight at AKA, not ATT.

I agree that after this fight GSP should move up and fight Anderson. With no clear contenders at mw or ww, it would free up some time for someone to step up (assuming Leites doesnt win at 97). You could make cases for Okami, Marquardt/Gouveia, or Bisping/Hendo at mw, and Koscheck, Fitch, Swick, etc at ww, but theres not nearly the same amount of interest as a superfight between GSP and the spider.

To me it makes alot more sense than GSP-Penn 2 did.
Twenty20Dollars
2/18/09 8:39:40PM
I cant remember Fitch/Alves 1, but I sure would like to see a rematch and Alves tko fitch.

Couldnt Marcus Davis or Swick earn a shot also.

Have swick face Johnson or Hazelett

Have Davis face the winner of Kampmann/Condit

One thing I hope is, that UFC doesnt hold up the WW title by doing a TUF with the WW champ.
prozacnation1978
2/18/09 11:07:36PM
i think mike swick is in there some where he will fight aj next or lytle or someone and be next in line remember this guy has lost only once in ufc he is like 7-1 in ufc or 8-1 only lose was to okami in a decision
he is over due he should have gotten his shot after the david louiseau match
JBatch
2/19/09 12:24:23AM
the ufc needs jake sheilds and nick diaz
sparky
2/19/09 4:17:29PM

Posted by mk1630

I think if GSP wins that would be a perfect time for him to fight Anderson at 185. This wil give the 170ers time to hopefully have a clear cut top contender.

AGREED!!
JimiMak
2/19/09 7:31:25PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by mk1630

AGREED!!

NOBODY wants to see this fight. HOW IN THE WORLD is this even interesting to some ppl. AS is a HUGE MW that easily fights LHW and could prob'ly be top of the heap at HW if he focused his training on it. GSP doesn't offer anything interesting in this match and not only has no shot, but I don't even care to see this as much as I LOVE watching the boy get KO'd. The only interest in this fight is created by a couple of coumnists and mma internet kids that like to think "what if" on every possible "dream match".. The only reason UFC would ever hold this match is to find out that GSP doesn't sell as many ppv's as they think when he stands no chance.
lohmann
2/19/09 8:00:37PM
It makes sense for St. Pierre to move up considering the rematch friendliness of the top class in welterweights, but it doesn't make sense for Silva to get the chance to bypass and hold off from legitimate competition that deserves title shots (Maia, a rematch with Marquardt that involves a challenger with marked improvement). Henderson and Bisping will both be vying for the title spot for late in the year when they fight in July, but the UFC needs to quit playing Okami and just get it done already.

That being said, I wonder if the winner of Hardy/Markham Saturday, or maybe a Dustin Hazelett, will be tagged for a Swick fight, because that would be sensible for a title contender. Condit isn't that far off either; he's been top ten forever, and if Kampmann beats him, Kampmann will be somewhere near a title shot too.

St. Pierre or Alves will not be defending their title after their July match until late this year, possibly December. That's plenty of time for the UFC to groom a new contender.
bls1919
2/19/09 8:53:58PM

Posted by chickmagnet

1 or 2 more fights and Anthony Johnson will be brought up in the title picture.

At least 2 I hope, but i see where your coming from. And as for the AKA guys if you don't want to fight your buddies, too bad. find another weight or another ORG. Tell me that a fight with Kos and Fitch wouldn't bew great. War Serra ...........until he beats Hughes at least.
ziegler3334
2/21/09 8:28:31PM
This is a little early to predict only rematches after gsp v alves. The first defense will probably be a rematch fight, but after that it could be anyone. People prove themselves all the time. My pick for who will jump to the title picture soon is hazelett.
sparky
2/23/09 10:36:20AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by sparky

Posted by mk1630

AGREED!!

NOBODY wants to see this fight. HOW IN THE WORLD is this even interesting to some ppl. AS is a HUGE MW that easily fights LHW and could prob'ly be top of the heap at HW if he focused his training on it. GSP doesn't offer anything interesting in this match and not only has no shot, but I don't even care to see this as much as I LOVE watching the boy get KO'd. The only interest in this fight is created by a couple of coumnists and mma internet kids that like to think "what if" on every possible "dream match".. The only reason UFC would ever hold this match is to find out that GSP doesn't sell as many ppv's as they think when he stands no chance.

Lots of ppl in the world want to see this fight I dont know what you are talking about. GSP is more then capable of beating Anderson Silva. I want this fight to happen so ppl like you will take the spider off of the pedestal you got him on. Anyone can be beaten on any given night by any given person.