Matt Wiman on his not-so-ordinary breakthrough performance

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Wiman on his not-so-ordinary breakthrough performance
whardin19
6/12/08 8:05:47PM
Matt Wiman talks about his big win at UFC 85. He also talks about why Chuck Liddell was in his corner during the fight. Intresting read.

I'm starting to like Matt. During TUF I really didn't like him. But he seems to be a very humble guy. I wish him the best of luck.

LINK
wrona666
6/12/08 8:08:57PM
Wiman won a lot of respect from me in that fight......I knew he was a tough SOB, but i didnt think he had what it took to take out someone like Tavares....Props to Wiman on that win it was a very exciting fight.....
MondayNiteMauser
6/12/08 8:31:58PM
That article alone makes me think of Matt Wiman in a different way. The guy is tough as nails and seems to be a great all around guy. I also want to give Chuck a shout out for doing what he did for Wiman. That shows what a class act he is and i believe that chuck set a clear example for MMA fighters and fans around the world.
theguido
6/12/08 9:49:08PM
Tons of respect for that guy after that fight, but next time don't bring a thanks speach with you it's a little corny.
RMFG_187
6/12/08 10:37:06PM
Tavares was broken in his first loss to Tyson Griffin, in his last fight, he took a fight too a boring decision in a fight that no one thought would last 1 round. Wiman came prepared and ready to fight, Tavaras came with that loss still hanging above him. Tough for Tavares, his explosive BJJ is amazing, he just needs to gain some confidence back.
dannyfrank
6/12/08 10:40:54PM
i like matt a lot. i was shocked at how well he did in this fight
xphycorx
6/13/08 12:35:14AM
war wiman! how many people actually picked him to win this fight? he looked great in every aspect of the fight. maybe he will become a future contender at 155.
MMAcca
6/13/08 12:45:07AM

Posted by theguido

Tons of respect for that guy after that fight, but next time don't bring a thanks speach with you it's a little corny.

Haha yeh, Wiman was accepting an Oscar for 'Best Dramatic Performance In An Octagon'

But in all seriousness like others have said, he gained a lot of respect from me with his performance and i now cannot wait to see him fight again.

Props Wiman
Twenty20Dollars
6/13/08 12:45:26AM
i picked wiman to win!

Go Wiman!!
MMAcca
6/13/08 12:49:49AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i picked wiman to win!

Go Wiman!!

Me too!
FantasyFighter
6/13/08 10:36:36AM
I picked Wiman to lose. I had him pegged as an under-achiever. And then the fight started and I was like ... ... ...

Congrats to Wiman on winning an excellent fight against a tough opponent in spectacular fashion. I will not doubt him anymore.