Matt Serra Ready To Punch Matt Hughes In The Mouth At UFC 98

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Matt Serra Ready To Punch Matt Hughes In The Mouth At UFC 98
komodo20
3/28/09 8:59:18PM
Some words that Matt Serra saids “The thing is this, this sport you deal with a lot of guys in this sport and most of them are cool. It’s a rarity you find an a??"hole and I found one. I’m going to get paid to punch him in the mouth. I’m going to do to him what you should do to every bully and that’s not only in America but everywhere in the world. What should you do to a bully? You should punch him square in the mouth. I’m getting paid for it. So who’s got it better than me? I want to know…. I’m not an idiot. I’ll tell you I don’t like the guy because I don’t like the guy. But as a fighter I know the problems he brings to the table and I know what I got to watch out for. I know where he’s really dangerous. What do you want me to say? He’s a swell guy and I can’t wait to fight him? F*** him.”

Twenty20Dollars
3/28/09 10:30:38PM
punch him square in the mouth.
mkiv9secsupra
3/28/09 11:54:05PM
............Can someone tell me what the odds of a double KO loss are?...................

Twenty20Dollars
3/29/09 9:22:56AM
slim and none because hughes is fighting.
Aaronno9
3/29/09 10:15:35AM
Am I the only one who cringles a little every time Serra opens his mouth? I mean c'mon, the first time he said "f*** Matt Hughes hes a d***" I didnt really think much of it, but 2 years down the line and hearing the same **** everytime he does an interview his just getting on my nerves now.
Wallass
3/29/09 11:16:29AM
Since this fight has been hyped Serra comes across as the asshole. I hate Matt Hughes but hope he shuts this guy up in the 1st round.
Saginawsfinest
3/30/09 6:44:40PM
I love watching guys fight who have genuine hate for each other. Especially with a name like "Little Terror"
soundboy1
3/30/09 7:55:08PM
I don't know if this is because we are both from nyc but,.......I completly agree with Serra! Matt Hughes is the definition of an ignorant tool. He is one of the few guys that I cheer against. mainly because of his holier than thou attitude....And cursing bothers me very little.
Manfred
3/30/09 11:48:45PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Am I the only one who cringles a little every time Serra opens his mouth? I mean c'mon, the first time he said "f*** Matt Hughes hes a d***" I didnt really think much of it, but 2 years down the line and hearing the same **** everytime he does an interview his just getting on my nerves now.

I think he's still saying it 2 years down the line because he's trying to rehype a fight that was supposed to happen 2 years ago. Plus I think he's genuine about his feelings on Hughes.

I just find the NYC accent hilarious to listen to. I'm not really a Serra fan, but I agree in this case because I really don't like Hughes.
JimiMak
3/31/09 5:00:32PM
I hope he gets the KO.

Of course he's still saying Hughes is a dick.... he's still a dick.
bls1919
3/31/09 7:55:45PM
I am so glad this will all be over soon.this fight makes me
fullerene
4/2/09 8:27:31PM
I hope he's ready to punch against gravity while laying on his back.
JimiMak
4/3/09 2:50:56PM

Posted by fullerene

I hope he's ready to punch against gravity while laying on his back.

Hughes has made the mistake of not taking things down enuf and banging w/ ppl to try to get a ko on his record... He might think Serra is that guy, and he might get GSP'd for it.
breakdown5
4/3/09 4:28:03PM
I'll be rooting for Serra for sure, but only because I think Hughes is a close minded idiot as a person. He is still one of the best WW fighters ever and will probably take this fight in convincing fashion. Serra hasn't subbed an opponent since UFC 36, so I really don't see him using his little legs to control Hughes in his guard while Hughes punches him in the face for 15 minutes.
cowcatcher
4/3/09 4:31:53PM
tbh i like both these guys. hughes as a fighter, i mean ive been watching him dominate for a long long time, and i like serras antics. the guys cracks me up screaming things like "youre breathing!" at a high enough decibel level that everyone in the arena can hear him when hes cornering someone. hughes should win this via LnP/GnP and im just going to be glad that this fight is finally happening so they can both(and the fans) move on.
State_Champ
4/3/09 6:09:58PM
I'm hoping Hughes can win this one. He is/was a great fighter.
bls1919
4/3/09 7:19:02PM
I think hughes pounds him out early 2nd.
Drudinh
4/9/09 2:40:50AM
War Hughes