Matt Serra Is a Man's Man

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Matt Serra Is a Man's Man
POLL: Who will win the TUF6 Finnalle
Matt Hughes 48% (16)
Matt Serra 52% (17)
Btews22
8/2/07 10:19:05PM
Who out there is pulling for Serra to knock Matt Hughes teeth in. He was on the Bubba The Love Sponge show and seems like a real cool guy. I do not think Hughes is taking him seriously. I see Hughes getting the take down and Serra working from the guard and getting his back, submission buy a RNC. Let me know what you all think!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ocho-cinco
8/2/07 10:27:23PM
I kinda would like to see Serra win, mostly because I just don't like Hughes. Mabey Serra wasn't a fluke, mabey he will beat Hughes, but I just don't see him winning this fight. This fight is to long of a lay off for Serra. He should have taken this fight sooner while he still had momentum. He was on a hot streak, but by the time they fight he will have cooled off. I call Serra wins a close but boring first round, then Hughes gets the take down and GnPs Serra for the second round stoppage victory.
juanez13
8/2/07 10:30:37PM
i want serra to win, what i think will happen is that both guys are so good on the ground that they are gonna end up standing alot, so my prediction is matt serra by KO in the 3rd, i think serra has the much better stand up, and it seems like almost nobody can finish him, .......but the truth is i dont really like none of them, and its really bothering me that we are gon have to wait so long to see other guys get a shot at the title........
Twenty20Dollars
8/2/07 10:56:03PM
Hughes is going to win. Im kinda rooting for hughes for some reason. He's going to have way better training man I cant wait for this season.
chadtruitt1979
8/3/07 12:14:37AM
Im not sure who to vote on for this one. I want to say Serra is going to win but I think that Hughes is just to hungry and really wants that belt back....... Tough One
kevietre
8/3/07 9:46:42AM
Serra will win, his ground game is underrated and his standup is better than Matt Hughes. He dropped Karo and made GSP tap from strikes.
kofranklin
8/3/07 2:09:08PM
Hughes is going to maul Serra.
backalley101
8/3/07 5:42:11PM
I want to start off saying that I like GSP. But, I am tired of people saying that Matt Serra's win was a fluke. He has a lot of heart, and trains like any other fighter. To underestimate him on Matt Hughes' part, would be a mistake. I smell an upset.
zephead
8/3/07 5:51:26PM
I want Serra to win but I think Hughes' is going to be to strong for Serra. If the fight hits the ground, I see Hughes' controling the fight
BerndRealBad
8/4/07 2:28:55AM
If Serra trains like he did against GSP, he will win. Hughes is cocky to a point where he seems like he's in a little bit of trouble in each fight before pulling it out. BJ gassed the second fight, or he was on the way to win. Trigg hurt him twice but then decided to be stupid and literally jumped into the open arms of Hughes' guard. Serra's not going to be stupid. If he can overcome Hughes' strength advantage, he will win. I don't see any other way he could lose.
hardhitta513
8/4/07 7:37:17PM
im goin wit serra i use to like matt but he jus so boring to me.
TOMMYAYO05
8/6/07 1:53:49AM

Posted by hardhitta513

im goin wit serra i use to like matt but he jus so boring to me.

how bout serra grows a few more inches to get to my neck at least before we even consider talkin about him being a mans man.honestly hughes is going to smash him,serra got lucky on the gsp fight.
MartinKillMcGill
8/6/07 7:18:25AM
Im gonna give this to serra as i belive hughes standup is suspect and can see serra catching a supmision off his back
BerndRealBad
8/6/07 2:41:27PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

how bout serra grows a few more inches to get to my neck at least before we even consider talkin about him being a mans man.honestly hughes is going to smash him,serra got lucky on the gsp fight.

Yes he hit him with a lucky combination, and then continued to hit him with 6 or 7 more 'lucky' punches when GSP was on his back. And then luckily for him, GSP wasn't able to defend himself properly and he won. All luck there, nothing to do with actual skill right?
TOMMYAYO05
8/6/07 5:48:42PM

Posted by BerndRealBad

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Yes he hit him with a lucky combination, and then continued to hit him with 6 or 7 more 'lucky' punches when GSP was on his back. And then luckily for him, GSP wasn't able to defend himself properly and he won. All luck there, nothing to do with actual skill right?

No it was some skill ill give him that but he just got one lucky punch and then after that gsp couldn even do anything because of that ONE lucky punch.its ok if theres a miracle imo and he gets past hughes i believe either "kos" or gsp will take him out no problem.
madmarck
8/7/07 12:04:26AM
Hughes by GNP in the later rounds.

I think since Matt got KO'd by GSP he is gonna go back to his wrestling roots. He knows that he can be KO'd and he knows that Serra can KO guys. I dont however see Serra being able to sub Hughes. Serra is just to small of a guy to control Matt on the ground.