Matt Serra’s Back and Head Ready for Georges St. Pierre

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Matt Serra’s Back and Head Ready for Georges St. Pierre
juanez13
2/24/08 3:58:11PM

”(My back is) not going to be a factor,” Serra said. “It’s going to be fine… I’ll be great for the fight. I would never have (taken) the fight if I felt that I couldn’t be myself.“

“Obviously, after last time, the guy’s going to want to do some damage to me,” Serra said. “So unless I want to get my ass kicked, I got to train my ass off. It’s easy to get motivated when you know someone wants to put a hole through your face.“

”(St. Pierre) is a very talented guy, you know,” he said. “I’ve just seen both with Koscheck and Hughes, it’s almost that — it’s not that I care about being disrespectful to Hughes — but it’s almost like I see two guys that want to get hit less than GSP. The last guy, besides myself, that gave GSP all he could handle was B.J. (Penn) because B.J. don’t give a f***. And I think that’s the attitude you have to have.“

“You have to kind of put yourself in the danger zone with this guy,” Serra said. “And I feel you have to have the mentality — like ‘him or me.’ That type of mentality.“

LINK
BlazinSaddle
2/24/08 4:01:03PM
dont get me wrong serra's a cool guy and woulda loved to see him pound on hughes but his head's gonna be hurtin' after this fight >>
nickcuc547
2/24/08 5:31:09PM
serra is going to get embarrassed and hopefully he moves down to lightweight where he belongs.
ufcboss
2/24/08 7:36:26PM
I want GSP to give us the biggest KO ever in this fight, But as much as I want that, I give GSP about a 60/40 chance of the win.

I see Serra being in the zone this fight, He will be swinging for the fences, And he will be stronger in the head this fight.

But I hope GSP pulls it off, I think he will?
juanez13
2/24/08 8:47:44PM

Posted by ufcboss

I want GSP to give us the biggest KO ever in this fight, But as much as I want that, I give GSP about a 60/40 chance of the win.

I see Serra being in the zone this fight, He will be swinging for the fences, And he will be stronger in the head this fight.

But I hope GSP pulls it off, I think he will?

i think he will win, but i think people are saying he will absolutely dominate this fight, he wont dominate serr as he did to hughes, not suggesting that serra s better than hughes, buts its their styles, hughes being on the bottom isnt nearly as good as hughes on top, on the other hand serra is wayyy more comfortable on his back, and on the feet.............he is a very hard person to finish off, in the stand up he is hard to get good shots on him, and yhou always have to be careful for those looping punches, and on the bottom, he is comfortable, nd GSP will have more trouble with him than he would with hughes.............the only way i se GSP finishing this fight is with something like an RNC, but if i had to make a choice i say GSP takes it by decision
Pitbull09
2/24/08 9:52:29PM
He's saying that now but I'm sure not after he loses to a first round submission or KO. The injury will be a big deal then/
gamez0932
2/24/08 10:40:38PM

Posted by Pitbull09

He's saying that now but I'm sure not after he loses to a first round submission or KO. The injury will be a big deal then/

thats exactly what i was thinking...
ocho-cinco
2/24/08 11:00:28PM
GSP has looked unbelievable since he lost to Serra, but Serra still worries me. I think he is aproaching this fight the right way, and his style could give GSP problems again. However, GSP didn't seem to have much of a gameplan last time, and his head was somewhere elce, so If he can come in focused (as expected) and ready with a gameplan, then this should be a much different fight, and I can't see anyone beating GSP when he is focused, and knows exactly what he should do.
Tein_Lung
2/25/08 6:30:56AM
Serra knows everyone thinks hes gonna lose, it was the same thing last time and look what he did. He took GSP to the wood shed and gave him a whooping...

Everyone says Serra is gonna get run over by GSP when serra has only ever been stoped once... and that was that werid ass backfist that carter did.. I don't think GSP has the power to KO Serra, and i don't think hes got the ability to finish him on the ground just because Serra si so slick on the ground... Serra is a tough match for GSP.. Its odvious Serra ius not afraid to stand with GSP and honestly, Serra jits is a level above GSPs....

Overall GSP i think is the better fighter... but Serra is just the kinda guy that is a bat matchup for GSP... GSP plows though wrestlers with ease... whats he gonna do with a Jits guy thats already KOed him once... Regardless of what GSP says its gonna be in his mind that you got clobered and run over by an 11:1 underdog because people did not give Serra the respect he deserved, and they still aren't....

GSP is the future of the WW division, i like both fighters, but i hope Serra beats him again just so these GSP nut huggers will STFU about Serra being a scrub when he ran over GSP like it was his first MMA match
atlas777
2/25/08 9:43:27AM
Serra is going to knock him out same as last time.
Smd277
2/25/08 3:36:15PM
i honestly dont think serra has a chance
Hurricane_Brad
2/25/08 4:05:37PM
Well, I'll have to remember this when GSP beats him so that there's no excuses. I don't think Serra has a snowball's chance in hell.
mrliquid
2/25/08 7:08:41PM
I think GSP isa beast dont get me wrong he is good at everything but Serra is all out in this one if he looses he knows he is screwed i'm hoping for Serra I hope you guys dont hold it against me if I post a told u so when Serra wins but it might be worth one.