Matt Serra Still Doesn't Like Matt Hughes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Serra Still Doesn't Like Matt Hughes
DCRage
3/24/09 8:16:02PM
Making sure it doesn't get lost in all the upcoming hype for various other fights, Matt Serra today took the opportunity to fire more trash talk in the direction of Matt Hughes ahead of their UFC 98 co-main event fight. Serra made it clear he, simply put, still doesn't like Hughes.

Article
GSPCanada
3/24/09 8:53:17PM
Serra keeps saying matt hughes is one of the rare "a-holes" in mma, but does he not realize he is probably one of the biggest pricks in all of mma period. hughes hasnt set a word in about a year yet serra just keeps blabbing about all his opponents. I hope that if hughes wins he doesnt let serra off the hook the same way gsp did, by saying trash talk was for hype, i want hughes to embarass serra in the octagon and all post fight interviews after

the things is...

I HAVE HATED HUGHES MY WHOLE LIFE!!!
Chuteboxer
3/24/09 9:22:32PM

Posted by GSPCanada

Serra keeps saying matt hughes is one of the rare "a-holes" in mma, but does he not realize he is probably one of the biggest pricks in all of mma period. hughes hasnt set a word in about a year yet serra just keeps blabbing about all his opponents. I hope that if hughes wins he doesnt let serra off the hook the same way gsp did, by saying trash talk was for hype, i want hughes to embarass serra in the octagon and all post fight interviews after

the things is...

I don't care about who hates Hughes anymore. I don't care about the hype. I just know that I'm getting sick and tired of this insecure jerkoff called Serra who's done nothing but run his mouth for the past two years, and he hasn't even stepped in the cage to fight since GSP. At least Hughes fought an overweight Alves, despite getting beaten soundly.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Hughes fan. I am simply tired of this guy who calls out another man for being a dick when he's just as bad. He hasn't stopped running his mouth. When's the last time Hughes said something about Serra? 2007, maybe? Serra is a hypocrite if he thinks Hughes is the essence of a dick. I just wanna see this guy get beat. Badly.
Shawn91111
3/24/09 10:06:05PM

Posted by Chuteboxer

Posted by GSPCanada

the things is...

I don't care about who hates Hughes anymore. I don't care about the hype. I just know that I'm getting sick and tired of this insecure cocksucker called Serra who's done nothing but run his mouth for the past two years, and he hasn't even stepped in the cage to fight since GSP. At least Hughes fought an overweight Alves, despite getting beaten soundly.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Hughes fan. I am simply tired of this guy who calls out another man for being a dick when he's just as bad. He hasn't stopped running his mouth. When's the last time Hughes said something about Serra? 2007, maybe? Serra is a hypocrite if he thinks Hughes is the essence of a dick. I just wanna see this guy get beat. Badly.

Lol wow...umm id change a few words in that so you dont get banned dude
wrona666
3/24/09 10:18:42PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Chuteboxer

Posted by GSPCanada

the things is...

I don't care about who hates Hughes anymore. I don't care about the hype. I just know that I'm getting sick and tired of this insecure cocksucker called Serra who's done nothing but run his mouth for the past two years, and he hasn't even stepped in the cage to fight since GSP. At least Hughes fought an overweight Alves, despite getting beaten soundly.

Seriously......I doesnt seem to take much around here
urbman
3/24/09 10:36:26PM
I'm sure Hughes isn't the biggest Serra fan out there either,he just isn't going to stoop to his level with the useless comments in the media.
Chuteboxer
3/24/09 11:14:15PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Chuteboxer

Posted by GSPCanada

the things is...

Duly noted. I'll change one word anyway.
slapshot
3/25/09 2:55:47AM

Posted by urbman

I'm sure Hughes isn't the biggest Serra fan out there either,he just isn't going to stoop to his level with the useless comments in the media.

Thats giving Hughes a bit too much credit, Ill agree he has not talked as much as Serra but that would be hard to do IMO. You watch, as the fight gets closer we will here more from Hughes as well, not that I blame him and it really is a marketing strategy IMO.

Serra really dose have some good skills, his BJJ is good, stand-up is fair and dont forget he's a black belt in trash talk.

I want to see this fight and although I have Hughes winning it I think it will be a good war and at this point in time Serra is probably a tough fight for Hughes(knee injury and getting older) so my hope is that its a good one no matter who wins.
telnights
3/25/09 1:09:15PM
Guys I don't agree with the trash talk Serra is doing but its not up to us to trash talk back either. Leave that to Serra and Hughes and lets just talk about the fight and who you think will win and why. Just avoid the name calling as it comes off as fighter bashing.
xdanish020
3/25/09 2:03:30PM

Posted by GSPCanada

the things is...

How is Serra a prick? Because he openly speaks about his dislike for Hughes? I don't think that makes him a prick...I think that makes him real. Hughes went as far as to even write a book where he was trash talking his former teammates...

At the same time, I expect Hughes to dominate this fight by superior wrestling.
Subterfuge
3/25/09 2:55:37PM
nobody likes Hughes and nobody likes this fight. Serra is doing his job, creating hype for a fight that we all can sleep through. Hopefully Serra gets another lucky one in but I doubt it.
NeaRMisS
3/25/09 4:38:44PM
I think serra is just trying to make sure everyone knows that the fight isn't far away and is trying to hype it back up. Like you have said, its been 2 years? Something REALLY REALLY long, so he's gotta work all that hype back up. I hope they do a pre fight hype and they show all the crap serra has been saying and hughes for that matter. This way it wakes people up again, or at least reminds them of how much crap went on.
slapshot
3/25/09 5:35:23PM

Posted by Subterfuge

nobody likes Hughes and nobody likes this fight. Serra is doing his job, creating hype for a fight that we all can sleep through. Hopefully Serra gets another lucky one in but I doubt it.

I know a lot of people IRL that like this fight so I dont know why you say nobody is anticipating it, I think because some very exciting cards have been put together in the recent past and near future people are more focused on them but there are a grip of people that want to see this fight even though its not main event material IMHO.
emfleek
3/26/09 8:40:54AM
Blah blah blah...they both hate each other until the fight is over when they hug in the middle of the ring and pretty much tug each other off with compliments.

"I respect the guy..."

"He's a great fighter..."

"He's one of the best..."

"This was all just hype..."
bls1919
3/26/09 5:20:38PM
I think it is all hype. he doesnt want to get lost behind Lyoto and Rashad which is going to happen anyways....WAR MACHIDA...