Matt Serra admits to being the one that uttered "Good, f--- him" after Anderson Silva's injury at UFC 168

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Serra admits to being the one that uttered "Good, f--- him" after Anderson Silva's injury at UFC 168
FastKnockout
1/7/14 11:12:40AM
Matt Serra attempts to clear the air as to what was behind the "Good, f--- him' comment that was caught on the red corner audio feed from UFC 168

Link
TheCatFather
1/7/14 11:51:14AM

Kpro
1/7/14 12:02:41PM
Wouldn't even be news if the exact same thing happened in any fight not headlining with a title on the line or having been said about someone like Anderson.

Don't care.
pmoney
1/7/14 12:12:52PM

Posted by Kpro
Don't care.

Apparently neither does Matt Serra! I have mad respect for anyone that believes in and practices personal accountability.
Dberntson
1/7/14 12:15:20PM
Yes, it was 100% unsportmanlike and tacky, but it was in the heat of the moment. He slipped. Not a big deal. I am getting so tired of the over the top PC these days. Everyone has to walk on egg shells these days for fear of offending someone. Somewhere along the line everyone got the idea that no one has a right to offend them. Guess what, people have a right to say what they want (and should be aware of and accept the consequences that may go with it). It's your right to decide if you want to be offended. If you are offended, ok, but its not against the law and people shouldnt blow everything out of proportion. It really diminishes the importance of big issues and offenses by always making a big deal out of everything. People really need to toughen up and grow thicker skins.
Kpro
1/7/14 12:19:42PM

Posted by Dberntson

Yes, it was 100% unsportmanlike and tacky, but it was in the heat of the moment. He slipped. Not a big deal. I am getting so tired of the over the top PC these days. Everyone has to walk on egg shells these days for fear of offending someone. Somewhere along the line everyone got the idea that no one has a right to offend them. Guess what, people have a right to say what they want (and should be aware of and accept the consequences that may go with it). It's your right to decide if you want to be offended. If you are offended, ok, but its not against the law and people shouldnt blow everything out of proportion. It really diminishes the importance of big issues and offenses by always making a big deal out of everything. People really need to toughen up and grow thicker skins.

And we wouldn't have even heard a statement from Serra if the media hadn't turned it into FuckThisGuy-Gate.
Kpro
1/7/14 12:24:09PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Kpro
Don't care.

Apparently neither does Matt Serra! I have mad respect for anyone that believes in and practices personal accountability.

Gangster Serra would've also apologized in advance for when he says it next fight too.

Dude is goin soft
airkerma
1/7/14 12:53:29PM

Posted by Kpro
FuckThisGuy-Gate.

I loathe you
Kpro
1/7/14 1:17:20PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Kpro
FuckThisGuy-Gate.

I loathe you

Stabgate? <----Bananderlei-gate!

I'll stop `gate-ing` things just for you
airkerma
1/7/14 1:38:19PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Kpro
FuckThisGuy-Gate.

I loathe you

Stabgate? <----Bananderlei-gate!

I'll stop `gate-ing` things just for you

jae_1833
1/7/14 2:18:51PM
Heat of the moment, totally honest...I have said worse as I am sure most of us have.
prozacnation1978
1/7/14 2:40:01PM
Not surprised it was serra

Least he admitted it was him
lll-lll
1/7/14 3:14:08PM
Serra being classless? Are people out there really surprised?
Webbie
1/7/14 3:24:55PM

Posted by Kpro

Wouldn't even be news if the exact same thing happened in any fight not headlining with a title on the line or having been said about someone like Anderson.

Don't care.

I agree with you and everyone else who shares the same opinion, and I'm an Anderson fan.

It was in the heat of the moment. People get too angry too easily these days.
scoozna
1/7/14 4:16:23PM
Heat of the moment or not, this is how he talks. It's not right, he admitted as much, he even apologized.

I'm in the it's-not-a-big-deal-until-the-media-makes-it-a-big-deal camp.
Lungsofsteel
1/7/14 5:49:25PM
i think he just said it in the moment.
Webbie
1/7/14 6:20:02PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

i think he just said it in the moment.

Everyone does it, yet those same people are quick to jump on others for doing the exact same thing.
Goatenstein
1/7/14 6:57:35PM
The gruesome appearance of the injury makes it seem worse than it is. I'd rather break my leg than blow out a knee. No one would have said anything if the dangling foot didn't happen.
Michael_Corleone
1/7/14 8:41:02PM
Such a very un-Matt Serra like thing to say...ok maybe not.
bjj1605
1/8/14 11:52:50AM
Good on him for this statement. Makes me feel better about the whole affair.

Sounds like he didn't realize the extent of the injury when he said it and felt bad after he did.

Still think its poor form to talk about how Weidman "practiced checking kicks" as if breaking his leg was somehow intentionally, but I can chalk that up to usually cockiness and self-denial. People in general would rather credit themselves for their achievements rather than luck, its just human psychology.

Good too see they're not callous, just a bit deluded.