Matt Serra

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Matt Serra
emfleek
8/13/08 11:19:31AM
Is the UFC keeping Serra out of action until they can schedule a Hughes/Serra fight or do you think he'll fight sooner than that?
wiggum
8/13/08 11:46:49AM
hes probably still pissing blood after all those knees he took from gsp....tough guy tho, cuz he took ALOT!!.....but i bet they are shelving him till hughes is ready, they dont want to risk burning out the dying fire of that match.....plus through out his career he hasnt been the most active fighter in the last five years either......not too many lucrative matchups at ww for him either, he should drop back down to 155 and help either stir the pot more or clear up the mess depending on who they'd throw him too.....that guy could easily walk in top 10 at lw, but at 170 i think he's not a top 10 fighter but more of a gatekeeper type
juanez13
8/13/08 11:49:49AM
He just did an interview (the one where he mentions Sell vs Burkman) in which he says the Hughes fight is set in stone, and he already started training for him. right now they are just waiting for a date when Hughes will be ready (out because on knee injury) so they can schedule the fight. So coming from Serra himself, I do believe They'll wait for Hughes to do that match up, wouldnt make sense to risk Serra loosing a fight (since it would diminish the meaning of their fight)
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/08 1:14:18PM
serra wont drop to 155 again. He'll get beat by hughes and then they both leave ufc, end of story.
Mattchoo
8/13/08 1:17:21PM
Serra's gonna beat down Hughes.

I hope
casey64
8/13/08 1:36:57PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

serra wont drop to 155 again. He'll get beat by hughes and then they both leave ufc, end of story.

Hughes will not for sure about Serra, Serra will beat hughes.
dannyfrank
8/13/08 9:20:09PM
i hope serra beats his ass