Matt Riddle out at UFC on Versus 3; Matt Brown again without opponent

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Riddle out at UFC on Versus 3; Matt Brown again without opponent
FastKnockout
1/20/11 2:39:48PM
Matt Brown (11-10 MMA, 4-4 UFC) has been left to wonder once again.

Matt Riddle (5-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC), who was expected to face Brown at March's UFC on Versus 3 event, injured his right hand in training and has been forced to withdraw from the matchup.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed Riddle's withdrawal, which was first reported by Versus.com. Brown now awaits a new opponent.

It's the second time this month Brown has found himself without an opponent, as Riddle replaced an injured Mark Scanlon one week ago.

Brown has yet to be officially announced as a UFC on Versus 3 event by UFC brass.

An eight-time UFC veteran and cast member of "The Ultimate Fighter 7," Brown finds himself in desperate need of a victory.

LINK
tallica62
1/20/11 9:48:57PM
good since I was pulling for Brown but I think Riddle's ground control could pull out a decision if he avoids getting KO'd...I wonder who will be next...
twoguns365
1/21/11 9:59:36AM
That's too bad. I was really looking forward to that fight. Hopefully they can match up eventually.