Matt Riddle tweets pic of medical marijuana card

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Matt Riddle tweets pic of medical marijuana card
FastKnockout
10/22/12 2:21:48PM
UFC welterweight Matt Riddle tweeted a picture of his medical marijuana card after receiving a 90-day suspension.

LINK
airkerma
10/22/12 3:10:06PM
That dude was blazed when they took that picture.
But for this nonsensical rule. I realize rules is rules, but in my experience the only enhancement I have received is my video gaming skill, ability to read deep into movies, and my increased ability to eat my every morsel of food within a 5 mile radius. I'm still working on how it would help me in a cage....
SmileR
10/22/12 3:28:10PM
Does he realise his address is on there!?
tcunningham
10/22/12 3:38:25PM

Posted by SmileR

probably not a good idea to put that out there. still a stupid rule though
BuffaloDave
10/22/12 4:37:35PM
Looks like he didn't pay attention to the Diaz incident..

Riddle you need to disclose this type of stuff way before the fight.
ghandikush
10/22/12 5:34:09PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Serious or sarcastic? Nick got a year.
pmoney
10/22/12 5:43:36PM
So, here in the US you are taught that pot makes you dumb and inhibits your motor skills. Yet in athletic competition it's performance enhancing?
BuffaloDave
10/22/12 6:28:15PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BuffaloDave

Serious, he should have known better from Diaz, since Nick didn't disclose his medical card, when he was supposed too, that's why I said that.
kingsmasher
10/22/12 6:39:31PM
It helped michael phelps
ghandikush
10/22/12 6:54:03PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BuffaloDave

Serious, he should have known better from Diaz, since Nick didn't disclose his medical card, when he was supposed too, that's why I said that.

I thought that Nick had disclosed it all pre fight and they fucked him anyway because they could. I would like to know what a commissions response might be if someone did give full info.
Gogoplatapus
10/22/12 7:26:25PM

Posted by airkerma

But for this nonsensical rule. I realize rules is rules, but in my experience the only enhancement I have received is my video gaming skill, ability to read deep into movies, and my increased ability to eat my every morsel of food within a 5 mile radius. I'm still working on how it would help me in a cage....

Rules is rules.
frizzzlecake
10/22/12 10:52:54PM

Posted by SmileR

He was going to blank it out, but then he got high, then he got high, then he got higggggggggggghhhhhhh. la-da-da-da
ghandikush
10/22/12 11:01:25PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by airkerma

Rules is rules.

Response, "why" NASC response "because"
Dont even try to tell me Leben never had trace alcohol metabolites in his system during a fight.

backalley101
10/23/12 6:50:54AM
ok
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
thevoodooninja
10/23/12 7:38:28AM

Posted by SmileR

Young+stoner=doesn't care
tmas
10/23/12 8:02:19PM
it does give you some small "advantages" it helps ease nerves and make you less anxious, it takes away a large amount of pain, and it makes you feel like superman.
frizzzlecake
10/23/12 9:48:26PM

Posted by tmas

it does give you some small "advantages" it helps ease nerves and make you less anxious, it takes away a large amount of pain, and it makes you feel like superman.

What kind of weed are you smoking?

Unless feeling like superman means smiling and the inability to anything but eat crunchy snacks, then I have never felt like superman nor has it ever taken away large amount of pain.

maybe that's just me?
Cooler
10/23/12 11:01:18PM
Need weed? go to Matt Riddle's house and party it up.

Cooler
10/23/12 11:02:18PM

Posted by tmas

Try stubbing your toe next time your blazed (if you even do) believe me, it's gonna hurt.
Bubbles
10/23/12 11:09:26PM

Posted by tmas

the only time it made me feel like superman was when I was on a kill streak of 7 in COD
frizzzlecake
10/23/12 11:55:10PM
I guess having the feeling of being paralyzed unless a bag of Doritos is in front of me, is how Superman feels. :D
Kpro
10/24/12 9:09:21AM

Posted by pmoney

you are taught that pot makes you dumb and inhibits your motor skills. Yet in athletic competition it's performance enhancing?

I'm pretty sure that for common people it can inhibit motor skills and possibly have effects on your memory, but for a world class athlete it's nothing but vicious power, no pain and stamina x5 bro.
DancingDoll
10/24/12 11:41:03AM
It would suck to live on a street called "Indian Princess Drive"...

That's way too Disney for an MMA fighter.
Biggavelli
10/26/12 8:11:43AM
Why do they bother punishing fighters for weed? If you have a card it shouldnt matter. They let fighters use TRT if a doctor allows it. So why cant they smoke some weed if the doc says its ok?
MMAcca
10/26/12 9:07:19AM

Posted by Biggavelli

Why do they bother punishing fighters for weed? If you have a card it shouldnt matter. They let fighters use TRT if a doctor allows it. So why cant they smoke some weed if the doc says its ok?

Because it's against the rules THC is on the banned substances list.

Whether you agree or not, that is in fact, fact.
airkerma
10/26/12 11:27:52AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Biggavelli

Because it's against the rules THC is on the banned substances list.

Whether you agree or not, that is in fact, fact.

I think the point he is making is that one is a garaunteed PED and there is debate about whether the other is a PED. However, if physician permission grants you the ability to use one PED, why is a different PED that is also physician approved still against the rules? That certainly doesn't get an A in logic 101. There is certainly a very irrational double standard here.