Matt Riddle vs. U.K

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Matt Riddle vs. U.K
FastKnockout
7/22/12 1:49:05PM
For all of you who live in the U.K and don't already dislike Riddle, you might now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6dxZzoiWLUM

(Sorry for the links, guys. My laptop fried and lately I've been using my PS3 and phone, both of which won't allow me to post the quick links.)
shaneTpain
7/22/12 1:54:38PM
In Riddles defense.. A dude SPIT-IN-HIS-MOUTH!!!

Who wouldn't be a little bitter?!

Plus Hardy vs Riddle wouldn't be a bad scrap
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/12 2:01:08PM
I thought he called out Hardy b/c of the UK fan incident, but kinda not the reason but also maybe could be.

Riddle can probably out grapple Hardy, but hard to tell what gameplan Riddle is going to use, the smart one or the dumb one.
MALICE
7/22/12 3:02:41PM
Aside from the butter-toothed Brit comment, Riddle did not really disrespect British people. He stated he has nothing against British people, but he felt they were disrespectful to him as a professional athlete. British people are infamous for bad teeth much like Americans are infamous for obesity.

Dana White could not have planned it any better; he makes a joking attempt at hyping the fight, Riddle shares a harmless story, and now it is blown out of proportion and the Riddle/Hardy fight has all of the hype it needs.
prophecy033
7/22/12 3:21:51PM
One of the highest forms of disrespect is a dude spitting in your face
FastKnockout
7/22/12 3:47:16PM

Posted by MALICE

Aside from the butter-toothed Brit comment, Riddle did not really disrespect British people. He stated he has nothing against British people, but he felt they were disrespectful to him as a professional athlete. British people are infamous for bad teeth much like Americans are infamous for obesity.

Dana White could not have planned it any better; he makes a joking attempt at hyping the fight, Riddle shares a harmless story, and now it is blown out of proportion and the Riddle/Hardy fight has all of the hype it needs.

I wasn't being serious.
Aether
7/22/12 3:50:45PM
I get annoyed by Riddle, because I think he has massive potential, but his ego will prevent him from ever realizing it. He uses terrible gameplans and gives his opponents dozens of free opportunities to win in every fight. He almost lost to a lightweight with a boxing pedigree in his last fight before Clements. He could be a force at 170 if he smartened up.
MALICE
7/22/12 4:03:37PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by MALICE

I wasn't being serious.

I know this thread was meant to be a joke. I was chuckling during the post fight press conference when Riddle went off on the disrespectful fan. I have already seen the media putting twists on what was said, so the hype train has started. I look forward to Hardy's reply. I don't doubt they will put this fight together. Hardy is 1/5 in his last five fights; he's not really in a position to pick,deny any fights.
Michael_Corleone
7/22/12 11:53:21PM
This was the highlight of the press conference for me. I loved that shit, lol.

Riddle vs Hardy - IT! IS! ON!!!
BigBadAl
7/23/12 8:45:14AM

Posted by MALICE

Infamous for bad teeth eh:
Brits have better teef than Mericans proof
babalu46
7/23/12 7:58:50PM
Spitting in someones face is absolutely disgraceful and he should have been allowed to slap the remainder of the spit in his mouth out.

Could be a good match up or an incredibly boring one though.
VikingToker
7/26/12 10:11:59AM
i think dan hardy is really cool and growing up reading british ww2 comics im a big fan of tough, gnarly british dudes

but i really hope riddle beats him, just because of the way he told that spitting story