Matt Lindland Update: Will Not Be Returning To The UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Lindland Update: Will Not Be Returning To The UFC
grappler0000
2/6/08 12:36:05PM
Both Matt Lindland and Dana White have recently confirmed that the two had tossed around the idea of a Lindland return to the UFC. However after UFC 81 Lindland made it clear that the UFC would not be making him an offer.

“Dana has made it clear they are not going to make me an offer to return to the UFC,” said Lindland. I feel there are a lot of good fighters in the UFC, and I feel like I could beat most of them.”

Link
GermanWolf
2/6/08 1:00:05PM
That's shitty.
Daddyprimetime
2/6/08 1:07:00PM
Not enough info. It doesn't go into details at all. I need more.
Pookie
2/6/08 1:23:37PM
super gay...

Lindland is a great fighter, to exclude him from the UFC is childish if it is still because of a grudge.

Good thing that the MW division in K-1 and Elitexc has some pretty good fighters. Would love to see him fight Misaki, Kang, Akiyama, Lawler, etc...
DCRage
2/6/08 1:34:20PM
Dana must still have that grudge or thing against Lindland dating back to that clothing incident.
Styles
2/6/08 2:29:43PM
The UFC doesn't need Lindland. IMO LIndland cant beat either Henderson of Silva, so what is the point?
gartface
2/6/08 2:31:10PM

Posted by Styles

The UFC doesn't need Lindland. IMO LIndland cant beat either Henderson of Silva, so what is the point?

I agree, but I'm not surprised in this article. The bridges were burned long ago with Lindland and Barnett.
BigTomZ
2/6/08 3:23:32PM
This bridge will never be rebuilt. I'm sure Matt can still fight elsewhere. I hope he goes to Elite XC that way I can see him on Showtime instead of a PPV.
Gipper
2/6/08 5:11:53PM

Posted by Styles

watch more of lindland's fights dude. lindland probably did better against rampage then hendo. that being said i have hendo/silva/lindland as my top 3 mw's in that order. i think these 3 are a step above the rest. lindland proved he can roll with the best hw's and lhw's in the world so what makes you thnk he doesn't have a chance against hendo and silva.
chubbud22
2/6/08 5:28:55PM

Posted by Gipper

Posted by Styles

watch more of lindland's fights dude. lindland probably did better against rampage then hendo. that being said i have hendo/silva/lindland as my top 3 mw's in that order. i think these 3 are a step above the rest. lindland proved he can roll with the best hw's and lhw's in the world so what makes you thnk he doesn't have a chance against hendo and silva.

prozacnation1978
2/6/08 5:55:02PM
too bad to see him not come back but let them say that again after the silva match, i thnik the middleweights are okay right now, don't need anyone just let the young fighters gain experiece
teamquestnorth
2/6/08 6:50:06PM
This is an outright travesty. I think lindlands in his prime right now too. Its not like having Lindland in the ufc is gonna break their bank. The Law needs to immediately sign and fight the best competition outside of the ufc.
quezocrema0032
2/6/08 10:32:48PM
Hes a great fighter but hes boring and wayyyyyyyy 2 cocky ... its ok 2 be cocky if ur like a chuck liddell .... but not a matt lindland ... idk i guess if u sign him it would just lead 2 him taking up spots in cards and dargging out decsions and making boring fights ... so im happy id rather see guys like kampman and belcher and quarry they might not be able 2 beat him but there more entertaining
atlas777
2/6/08 11:23:01PM
Shitty lindland is a great fighter would have loved to see him come back im looking forward to him fighting in other places if its not going to be the ufc.
Kracker_Jap
2/7/08 1:52:02AM
maybe Lindland is just getting impatient and has started to whine......

It seems that matt has had a problem with this kind of thing before, he needs the UFC because of there stable of fighters that will challnge him....

And the UFC needs Matt because he is one of the best, I'm sure Dana has'nt forgotten this and will sign him on HIS terms when HE is ready.....

Matt doesn't like it.....

But I think we will see him signed in the next year if Matt can keep his yapper and pride in control
RMFG_187
2/7/08 11:17:58AM
all i can say is...

Frank Shamrock, Robbie Lawler LOOKOUT!
silverbullet
2/7/08 12:41:48PM
This is pretty gay. Lindland is an awesome fighter.
jomatty
2/8/08 7:40:34AM
sounds like dana is letting his personal issues interfere with signing the best fighters...shocking i know.
RMFG_187
2/17/08 9:25:21PM
Lindland won't beat silva, and theres no chance he would fight hendo. its lose lose for him anywayz.