Matt Hughes wants to prove his time hasn’t passed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hughes wants to prove his time hasn’t passed
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/8/08 9:03:03PM
One of the classic symptoms of an aged, or aging, fighter is seeing openings and being unable to take advantage of them.

It's no different than a running back who once could burst through a hole for a 15-yard gain when he ran a 4.4 40, but who now runs a 4.65 and can't hit it quick enough to get more than three yards before the pile collapses upon him.

And what Matt Hughes was describing as a problem in his loss to Georges St. Pierre in December sounded suspiciously like a man losing the battle with time. But the two-time former UFC welterweight champion, who saved the UFC yet again when he agreed on short notice to fight Thiago Alves in the main event of UFC 85 in London on June 7, insists he's far from through.http://mmajunkie.com/news/4308/matt-hughes-wants-to-prove-his-time-hasnt-passed.mma
SmileR
5/8/08 9:45:45PM
I believe Hughes, their aren't many people in his devision that i think will last against him. Its basically a Silva Franklin situation in a different devision. Hughes is still a force to be reckoned with at WW and unfortunately for him GSP has got his number.
I don't see him ever holding the title again but I don't see very many people beating him either.
DevonFoxy
5/8/08 9:55:45PM

Posted by SmileR

I believe Hughes, their aren't many people in his devision that i think will last against him. Its basically a Silva Franklin situation in a different devision. Hughes is still a force to be reckoned with at WW and unfortunately for him GSP has got his number.
I don't see him ever holding the title again but I don't see very many people beating him either.

Pretty much sums it up exactly as I see it as well.
coldchillin
5/8/08 10:09:20PM
well Alves is a better match-up for him stylistically than say Koscheck would be... I think Hughes has lost a step and I see Alves knocking him out.
Red-Dragon
5/9/08 8:35:41AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by SmileR

Pretty much sums it up exactly as I see it as well.

SPOT ON!
casey64
5/9/08 8:49:27AM

Posted by SmileR

Yeah I do agree with you.
browneye
5/9/08 9:00:47AM
Matt hughes is still a beast he lost to GSP back to back but that is understandable because GSP is the best welterweight in the division Matt Serra lost to GSP but that does not mean he is washed up i dont see GSP losing his belt for a long time just like Anderson who knows what will happen in this division in a few months we will just have to wait and see
Darnok
5/9/08 10:55:55AM
Matt Hughes = Greatest gate keeper of all time.

Oops I meant to say Welterweight