Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC
BrutalKnockOut
9/3/09 2:09:21PM
Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC

Matt Hughes details how a new deal came about, and also drops a little hint as to his next opponent.
Chuteboxer
9/3/09 2:18:33PM
Hughes vs Fitch, maybe?
emfleek
9/3/09 2:30:22PM
Hughes vs. Parisyan*

* I know he's "booked" to fight Hazelett but it's a shot in the dark.
GrandMaster313
9/3/09 3:09:50PM
They should do Hughes Vs. Hughes. Brother Vs. Brother
supatolacyl
9/3/09 3:55:08PM
Hughes vs Fitch is a good possibility and would be a pretty darn good fight. As much as I have always thought of Hughes being a douche I still don' t want to see him fight Anthony Johnson, Hughes doesn't need another ko loss right now and it will be a KO loss for sure if he fight Rumble.
Mayhem13
9/3/09 4:14:05PM
hmmmmm...

I will say Matt Hughes vs Marcus Davis
nickcuc547
9/3/09 4:14:36PM

Posted by supatolacyl

Hughes vs Fitch is a good possibility and would be a pretty darn good fight. As much as I have always thought of Hughes being a douche I still don' t want to see him fight Anthony Johnson, Hughes doesn't need another ko loss right now and it will be a KO loss for sure if he fight Rumble.

I wouldn't be so sure, Johnson doesn't have much from his back, and Hughes could put him there imo. Week notice or not, he did get subbed by a much much smaller rich clementi.
cDUBB
9/3/09 4:46:36PM
I just watched Hughes VS Serra again yesterday, and if Serra was 5-6 and had any hand-speed, he would've KO'd Hughes. Rumble is really young, but he would destroy Hughes on the feet cuz Hughes has some of the worst stand-up I've ever seen at 170.

And I think Fitch is fighting Almeida next., so maybe Hughes VS Hallman?
chickmagnet
9/3/09 4:56:28PM
Ive heard rumor about Hughes vs. Davis at 105 in manchester
Mayhem13
9/3/09 4:56:52PM

Posted by cDUBB

I just watched Hughes VS Serra again yesterday, and if Serra was 5-6 and had any hand-speed, he would've KO'd Hughes. Rumble is really young, but he would destroy Hughes on the feet cuz Hughes has some of the worst stand-up I've ever seen at 170.

And I think Fitch is fighting Almeida next., so maybe Hughes VS Hallman?

Hughes said its some he hasn't fought before...so that would rule out Hallman.

I have seen Almeida linked to both Fitch and more recently...Johny Hendricks. So I'm not sure what's going on with those guys yet.
Sinister
9/3/09 5:10:13PM
Hughes vs Kos would prob a challenge for him. Many people think Kos' wrestling is better so it would answer the question.
Boo_Radley21
9/3/09 5:12:16PM
Hughes vs Parysian, Koscheck, Fitch, Condit, Serra again, anytthing is good.
juddy33
9/3/09 5:25:56PM
if hughes was a little younger he would be interesting if he would drop down lightweight and fight BJ.
BustedKnuckle
9/3/09 5:53:05PM
hughes has some good miles left on him and has a lot of interesting matchups at 170. Cant wait to see who the pair him up with first. i hope its Fitch.
kaskd
9/3/09 9:16:10PM

Posted by juddy33

if hughes was a little younger he would be interesting if he would drop down lightweight and fight BJ.

I think the present day Hughes wouldn't be able to beat BJ Penn at welterweight. My problem is I can't see Hughes beating anyone in the top 10 right now. Well good luck to him, hopefully he'll finally begin evolving his game.