Matt Hughes vs. Karo Parysian

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Matt Hughes vs. Karo Parysian
POLL: Who comes out on top
Matt Hughes 60% (29)
Karo Parysian 40% (19)
MoJoy
8/6/07 6:00:58PM
This fight was supposed to happen, but Karo had an injury. I'm glad, cause I think that would have been too early for him. He's still all of 25 and has gotten better. Even in his losses, rare as they are, he has fought well. I think Hughes is still a great fighter, but the welterweight division is much better now. I think it would be close and Karo would get a decision. A lot of Hughes strength would be taken away by Karo's judo, and on the ground Karo is great at submissions. On their feet Karo has a fantastic advantage.
TOMMYAYO05
8/6/07 6:03:48PM
I would have to definetley say hughes but karo would have a chance
kevietre
8/6/07 6:36:28PM
Karo would dominate Hughes
Twenty20Dollars
8/6/07 6:46:57PM
Actually back then I prolly would have gone with Karo, but if it happened now I think I'd go with hughes
SpiderSilva
8/6/07 7:13:37PM
once Hughes got ahold of karo it would be over starting with a big slam and endind with a heavy dose of GnP
fullerene
8/6/07 8:29:30PM
Karo has recently improved his standup, but he wasn't a very good or technical striker. He's faced three good wrestlers--none of whom was as accomplished as Hughes--in Sherk, Sanchez and St. Pierre. All three put him on his back, stuffed subs and won decisions. I see this one going the same way--Hughes UD.
wilwith1l
8/6/07 9:28:37PM
I would like to see this go to Karo, but I have my doubts. I think Judo is what he needs to overcome the strength of a monster.
postman
8/6/07 10:34:49PM
Karo's not their yet Matt is still top 2 by most ppls standards I just don't think karo would last.
xchickox
8/6/07 10:49:19PM
i think karo would take this, his takedown defence is too good for hughes and he's too explosive
hippysmacker
8/6/07 11:32:46PM
While I think Karo is a difficult fight for anyone, I think Hughes would gas him by the 4th and actually finish himi n the 5th.I think Karo would win 2 of the first 3 rounds though.
DCRage
8/7/07 8:00:32AM
Hughes would win, especially if he can get Karo's back. Once that happens it's only a matter of time before Karo gets choked out.
hardhitta513
8/7/07 3:02:43PM
i don like either fighters i use to like hughes but now i think he's a chump to cocky an i don like karo cuz of his tuf 5 stunt but i think karo win but could go either way...good fight
the-james
8/7/07 4:09:52PM
Even with the amazing Judo skills that Karo posses i still see Hughes out Grappeling him and taking him down repedely, plus with Karo's conditioning he would most likely gas before the end of the fight and HUghes may be able to pound him out.
mkiv9secsupra
8/7/07 4:38:12PM
judo is supposed to be the anti wrestler but in this case i think Hughes would be just too powerful for Karo to handle and would be on his back for most of the fight.
MoJoy
8/9/07 2:24:37PM
Do I start the best threads or what? LOL
hammerhead1
8/11/07 11:53:39AM
Matt Hughes will destroy Karo Parysian bc mtt is stronger and quicker and karo has none of that so matt hguhes will win by knockout
JWils
8/11/07 10:50:08PM

Posted by MoJoy

This fight was supposed to happen, but Karo had an injury. I'm glad, cause I think that would have been too early for him. He's still all of 25 and has gotten better. Even in his losses, rare as they are, he has fought well. I think Hughes is still a great fighter, but the welterweight division is much better now. I think it would be close and Karo would get a decision. A lot of Hughes strength would be taken away by Karo's judo, and on the ground Karo is great at submissions. On their feet Karo has a fantastic advantage.

I would love to see this fight. I've got to go with my man, Hughes. The key to this fight IMO would be if Hughes could get Karo to the ground in the 1st and wear Karo down by pushing the pace on top. Then maybe be able to pull off a sub or gnp to a TKO in the 2nd or third on a gased Parysian.

But, if Karo can handle Hughes' strength and stuff takedowns or get back to his feet after takedowns consistently, Hughes will have a hard time winning the standup battle. As we all know, Hughes isn't world class on his feet. But, IMO, he's one of the top fighters in the world on the mat. I just don't think Karo could handle him for 3 rounds. Hughes by late tko or UD win.
EBG
8/12/07 4:46:37PM
I love Karo, but I don't see him going 5 rounds with Matt Hughes and taking the JD. You pretty much have to finish Matt Hughes early or he'll comeback and take it. I just think Matt is just to powerful for Karo. Karo's gas tank looked better against Burkman, but Matt should be able to put Karo on his back easily when Karo is tired and slowed down. Especially if the fight goes into the championship rounds, whether Matt can finish or Karo is able to hold on until the end, I'd like Hughes in this fight.

But hey, Karo could catch a submission. Matt is known to be caught in submissions early in fights, it's Karo's best bet to win and he has the sub skills to potentially do it. Getting Matt to actually tap is a different story.

As a fan, I'd be pulling for Karo, though.
BigEvil
8/12/07 9:55:55PM
Karo, he'll show Hughes how it feels to be tossed on the ground
Jackelope
8/13/07 3:02:43PM
I don't see Karo having the strength to deal with Hughes. Even though his style isn't necessarily a "strength" style. If the fight happens and he is able to toss Hughes around like he's done to other guys I'd never doubt Judo again in my life. Ever. From what I've watched of Karo (and I really do like the guy) he's done amazingly well against guys his build, but when faced with someone built like Hughes he seems to have difficulty.

Also- to the people thinking he would gas I doubt it. Parisyan may not look like the olympic triathlon runner but the guy has a big, big gas tank. Many are speaking as though it would be a 5 round fight when neither holds the title ATM, as well.

I like both guys (maybe Karo a little more now that I'm thinking of it) but I'm going to have to say Hughes by GnP for a decision