Matt Hughes: I Will Next Fight on Dec. 29

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hughes: I Will Next Fight on Dec. 29
szucconi
6/26/07 6:10:15PM
Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes (41-5 MMA, 15-3 UFC), who’s currently serving as coach and taping the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, will next fight at a New Year’s Eve event — not at a New Jersey in November event as was previously reported.

HERE
DMcCabe11
6/26/07 6:13:44PM
WOOOO the return of Matt Hughes and the return of that belt around his country boy waist
szucconi
6/26/07 6:36:34PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

WOOOO the return of Matt Hughes and the return of that belt around his country boy waist

Not that I expect you to read the article, but this match was rumored to be in November, but now seems to be scheduled for December. If you are looking forward to Hughes to regain the title, then this is not great news because you will have to wait another month.
Piccosaur
6/26/07 6:41:03PM
Why are Serra and Hughes fighting so long from now?
DMcCabe11
6/26/07 6:44:44PM

Posted by Piccosaur

they're filming they Ultimate Fighter 6 right now
Piccosaur
6/26/07 6:48:20PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

Posted by Piccosaur

Yeah it'd be weird if they fought mid way and still had to coach after one of them loses. But that's so long
buckndro
6/26/07 6:50:08PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Posted by DMcCabe11

Posted by Piccosaur

Yeah it'd be weird if they fought mid way and still had to coach after one of them loses. But that's so long

i think the taping of it is over or just bout to be
DMcCabe11
6/26/07 6:50:22PM
ya its a total bummer
crushedbacon
6/26/07 6:58:00PM
i hope he does beat Serra and then GSP breaks his jaw.....What a complete sack of crap for standing up and cheering like he was Serra's girlfriend after Serra got lucky and beat GSP. Seriously has anyone ever seen that before. Aren't fighters supposed to be somewhat impartial as to what happens involving other fighters and fight results. He knows he cant handle GSP.... so his queer little country boy ass can get the title once more.....but its just a matter of time....
Bass
6/26/07 7:00:56PM
i think they should have gotten different coaches for the new TUF season. that is way to long to wait for serra's first title defense. espicially if the deep, deep 170lbs division. the delay just means longer delay for other top fighters to get their shot.
Cobbs666
6/26/07 7:07:33PM
what is dec. 29 the muslim new year or something?? around here it is dec. 31
szucconi
6/26/07 7:17:52PM

Posted by Cobbs666

what is dec. 29 the muslim new year or something?? around here it is dec. 31

It is the last Saturday of the year.
JMattson
6/26/07 11:04:05PM
has anyone ever seen that pic on the net of a kid running in the special olympics with the line about arguing on the internet?

yeah.

Otherwise, i don't have a problem with Hughes cheering on guys...it's nice if they are impartial, but they aren't ref's, and many of these guys train with one another. Whats wrong with wanting to see a friend and training partner succeed?
aznteabagger
6/26/07 11:08:43PM
o boy, Primo's back with less passionate opinions this time
nastshabast
6/27/07 12:54:52AM
i agree with crushedbacon ..... i never liked hughes before and especially after that stunt.......he was by far the happiest person alive when serra beat gsp....either way gsp gets that belt back.....thru serra or hughes
adamsb
6/27/07 1:39:58AM
matt hughes cheering for Serra because Serra was running his mouth so now hughes gets to beat the hell out of someone he does not like as for GSP hughes tryed to stand up tomuch with him when he fights him again he is going to put him on his back and smash him thats all there is to it
ac_gi
6/27/07 1:44:23AM

Posted by adamsb

matt hughes cheering for Serra because Serra was running his mouth so now hughes gets to beat the hell out of someone he does not like as for GSP hughes tryed to stand up tomuch with him when he fights him again he is going to put him on his back and smash him thats all there is to it

KingKash
6/27/07 5:32:32AM

Posted by JMattson

i don't have a problem with Hughes cheering on guys...it's nice if they are impartial, but they aren't ref's, and many of these guys train with one another. Whats wrong with wanting to see a friend and training partner succeed?

Hughes and Serra never trained together and Serra does not like Hughes. The only reason he was so happy is that he would not have to face GSP again and get his hear kicked off again. Hughes is a horrible person and he proved it on Tuff 4 when he was bugging GSP. Hughes is a bum and I hope that Serra works him.
Signal2112
6/27/07 5:53:59AM

.....What a complete sack of crap for standing up and cheering like he was Serra's girlfriend after Serra got lucky and beat GSP.

yeah, it wasn't just a friendly victory cheer for both guys, it was a serious cheer for Serra. This is bad for Hughes for two reasons.

1) It makes him look utterly classless, as everyone knows he will be itching to fight Serra and get an easy win since he knows he can't handle GSP.

2)The person who beat him just got beat....by Matt Serra. What does that say about Hughes
Thunderfighting
6/27/07 5:11:50PM
first off Hughes has beatin GSP before, and Serra didnt get lucky, he showed the world that he should be champion, i think he will beat matt hughes, and will kill GSP again.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 5:16:48PM

Posted by Thunderfighting

first off Hughes has beatin GSP before, and Serra didnt get lucky, he showed the world that he should be champion, i think he will beat matt hughes, and will kill GSP again.

um what????? Serra didnt get lucky....first of all i wanna know how barely beating Shonie Carter and Chris Lytle earns you a title shot, then also he threw a lucky punch that beat the cocky GSP who shouldve and wouldve dominated Serra had he woken up and realized he was in a fight...serra will get ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED by Hughes they're not even in the same league.....Serra will also lose to Karo Parisyan(again), Kos, Diego, Fitch, and most definetly BJ
BIGKAT
6/27/07 7:36:14PM

Posted by crushedbacon

i hope he does beat Serra and then GSP breaks his jaw.....What a complete sack of crap for standing up and cheering like he was Serra's girlfriend after Serra got lucky and beat GSP. Seriously has anyone ever seen that before. Aren't fighters supposed to be somewhat impartial as to what happens involving other fighters and fight results. He knows he cant handle GSP.... so his queer little country boy ass can get the title once more.....but its just a matter of time....

LOL Here's a tissue

There's no law against cheering when someone wins or loses...Are you serious? LOL
nastshabast
6/27/07 8:26:30PM

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by crushedbacon

LOL Here's a tissue

There's no law against cheering when someone wins or loses...Are you serious? LOL

u have as much class as hughes