Matt Hughes not a Fan of Women MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Matt Hughes not a Fan of Women MMA
snakerattle79
7/2/08 9:13:16AM
holt8081
7/2/08 9:46:15AM
what a shock ya know down on the farm they watch the pigs roll around in da mud.
jiujitsufreak74
7/2/08 11:15:09AM
i'm not really a fan of woman's MMA eitehr
DevonFoxy
7/2/08 11:19:54AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i'm not really a fan of woman's MMA eitehr

not sure why this is a big deal. I think they have as much right to fight as men but I'm just not gonna watch.
wolfman
7/2/08 1:56:35PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I love watching Women MMA.
AchillesHeel
7/2/08 2:52:16PM

Posted by wolfman

Yeah, I watch women. MMA is MMA, far as I'm concerned. If they're good, they're good; if they're boring, they're boring.
ncordless
7/2/08 3:52:13PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by wolfman

Yeah, I watch women. MMA is MMA, far as I'm concerned. If they're good, they're good; if they're boring, they're boring.

Well put. I'd rather watch Carano vs. Young than Southworth vs. Ruiz II anyday.
Franklinfan47
7/2/08 7:28:22PM
I've got nothing against it as long as its exciting, who cares. I think it just needs time to be built up.
rabbit915
7/2/08 9:19:57PM
I guess my issue with it, is simply that in its current form the skill level on the men's side is much higher and therefore is more interesting for me to watch,

Now im not saying that women couldnt be as skillful but so few women participate in combat sports in general and then even one step further that they would compete in MMA that the talent pool is so small its almost not worth watching.

Plus i find the majority of women fighters come from kickboxing background so they always turn into complete stand-up fights. I personally like to see the ground game as well.
wolfman
7/2/08 11:49:42PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by wolfman

Well put. I'd rather watch Carano vs. Young than Southworth vs. Ruiz II anyday.

Yes, this is very true.
smky213
7/3/08 10:43:18AM
i dont know bout you giys but i love it!! how can you beat 2 chicks in really tight clothes rollin round with each other. the fights dont stay standing from waht ive seen and there actoually very technical fights. nuthin wrong with that.
holt8081
7/4/08 1:20:56AM

Posted by wolfman

its good stuff, if Kalib starnes were to fight with as much hart as most of the women in mma he would still be in the UFC and maybe a champion.
GraMMA
7/4/08 11:02:59AM
I think Hughes has to make remarks like this because he knows in his heart that these chicks are all better strikers than himself and it pisses him off.
copcopps
7/8/08 9:55:59AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by wolfman

its good stuff, if Kalib starnes were to fight with as much hart as most of the women in mma he would still be in the UFC and maybe a champion.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I hate Kalib but I admit he has talent but I hate his personality and his non-existent heart.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 8:41:23PM

Posted by GraMMA

I think Hughes has to make remarks like this because he knows in his heart that these chicks are all better strikers than himself and it pisses him off.

RNC
7/9/08 2:14:48AM
Matt hughes is scared of Carano.