Matt Hughes: "It's Going To Be Serra In January Or February"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hughes: "It's Going To Be Serra In January Or February"
DCRage
8/14/08 6:46:15AM
According to Matt Hughes, it seems like his long-awaited (and delayed due to injuries) showdown with Matt Serra will likely happen in January or February. Hughes feels like it'll be January but that depends on if his knee will need surgery.

Article
jocka
8/14/08 8:53:59AM
I though GSP would retire him, then lost against Alves man i really hope after he gets submited by serra that he will retire lol maybee GSP could go in the octogon after and say that he was not impressed by his performance again lol
prozacnation1978
8/14/08 9:21:23AM
as a co main event with griffin vs lidell in feb
xphycorx
8/14/08 11:01:04AM
i hope hughes beats serra and then retires. it would be a good way to go out.
MikeyG
8/14/08 11:25:43AM
I've never really wanted Serra to win until now, but it looks like a LnP or GnP victory for Hughes' last fight.
KYGUY07
8/14/08 12:38:16PM
honestly i think hughes is going to try to take serra down and lnp the entire fight, but with serras ground game i dont think its gonna work serra is gonna go for submissions one after another, eventually catching hughes in one, and if hughes doesnt tap then i think the next round he will try to stand which is where he will most definetely be k.o.d into retirement.
finnish_line
8/14/08 12:55:09PM

If Serra wins and GSP beats BJ, it sets up Serra/GSP 3.

If Hughes wins and BJ wins it sets up Hughes/BJ 3.

Both money matches.
DCRage
8/14/08 1:01:56PM
I just want this fight to happen, I've been looking forward to it ever since TUF 6 (more now becuase i recently re-watched the entire season). It's a potential big money fight for UFC because it's basically a non-title Penn-Sherk at Welterweight, both guys absolutely can't stand each other and aren't shy about talking a little trash about the other, more Serra towards Hughes. UFC once again has a great chance to do a solid buildup for this fight, which I'm sure they will once everything's set for sure.
nastshabast
8/14/08 1:41:40PM
I'm gonna say Matt Hughes via Bible thump.
Naturaldisaster
8/14/08 2:17:49PM
Hughes gets Knocked out and retired. then goes home and cries because he lost his last 3 fights in ufc
nastshabast
8/14/08 2:20:26PM

Posted by nastshabast

I'm gonna say Matt Hughes via Bible thump.

I should add a WAR SERRA to that. My bad. I'd hate for people to get the impression I like Matt Hughes.
xphycorx
8/14/08 3:42:48PM

Posted by finnish_line

If Serra wins and GSP beats BJ, it sets up Serra/GSP 3.

If Hughes wins and BJ wins it sets up Hughes/BJ 3.

Both money matches.

you really think if serra wins he'll fight gsp if he beats bj? i don't think so. are you forgetting about the winner of alves/sanchez? what about koscheck? he still needs to be in the picture too. after all, he has beaten sanchez.
Porch28
8/14/08 8:34:07PM
I hope Serra removes Hughes once and for all
Porch28
8/14/08 9:28:55PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Hughes gets Knocked out and retired. then goes home and cries because he lost his last 3 fights in ufc

His career is starting to follow that of Ken Shamrock