Matt Hamill Training With Renzo Gracie

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hamill Training With Renzo Gracie
MMAcca
12/18/08 11:33:54AM
Matt Hamill has gone back to the drawing board. The stellar wrestler came up short in his last outing at UFC 88 against former UFC champion Rich Franklin in a performance that many felt lacked heart and desire.

Hamill has since rededicated himself to the sport and in doing so has been spotted training with Brazilian jui-jitsu legend Renzo Gracie.

LINK
ohiostate1016
12/18/08 2:08:48PM
Interesting move by Hamill. Even though he has world class wrestling, he is still intent on improving into a complete mixed martial artist. And who better to train with than a Gracie?
theguido
12/18/08 3:43:48PM
Hamill needed something for sure he wasn't himself against Franklin not sure what was going on with him but I'm lookin forward to seeing him back in action.
Wolfenstein
12/18/08 3:59:54PM
Probably the perfect teacher for Matt, or anyone that is relatively new at BJJ. While he's not going to learn the rubber guard or any of the more eclectic stuff, he'll learn some very solid basic jiujitsu.

At the very least Matt needs to add a submission game to his reparte, because his GnP just isn't going to be enough to thrive in the stacked LHW division that features so many well rounded fighters.
4u2nv
12/18/08 4:05:01PM
I'm glad to see Matt stepping it up and learning some solid BJJ. His GNP hasn't been working and won't with other giants in that weight class. No he can only learn to defend this liver kicks. lol
Sledge23
12/18/08 5:06:52PM
Matt Hamill should be an inspiration to everyone on this planet. To do one of the hardest things in the world and compete at it's highest level is awesome, but doing with the obstacle he has overcome. The work it must have taken him over his entire life is amazing. GO MATT!!! The greatest inspiration in my life.
Impossible is Nothing.
tallica62
12/18/08 5:24:44PM
although not one of the best, i was very impressed with hammils recent improvements..
Red-Dragon
12/18/08 5:44:05PM

Posted by Sledge23

Matt Hamill should be an inspiration to everyone on this planet. To do one of the hardest things in the world and compete at it's highest level is awesome, but doing with the obstacle he has overcome. The work it must have taken him over his entire life is amazing. GO MATT!!! The greatest inspiration in my life.
Impossible is Nothing.

Inspiring
ziegler3334
12/18/08 6:55:01PM
Its hard not to like matt hamill. He is a great example of class in a fighter. Love hearing good news like this about him. He is set to dominate his upcoming fight.