Is Matt Hamill a UFC success story yet?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is Matt Hamill a UFC success story yet?
POLL: Is Matt Hamill a UFC success story?
Yes 77% (24)
No 23% (7)
Scott_Revels
6/18/08 12:43:20AM
::pops out of hiding to ask this question.::

I've been keeping up with the guys from The Ultimate Fighter (each season so far), and have been categorizing them. Well, in my categorizing, I unknowingly put "Not Enough Wins To Be Considered Successful" as a category, and I put guys who have 1 to 4 wins in the UFC in that category.

I was just looking it over a minute ago (updating it to show that such and such fighters had an upcoming fight), and noticed that I had Matt Hamill under the "not enough wins to be considered successful" category. So it got me to thinking. Is Matt Hamill a success story yet?

I mean he's only beaten Jesse Forbes, Seth Petruzelli, Rex Holman, and Tim Boestch who is his biggest win to date. Does this equal up to success?
casketcoin
6/18/08 12:45:16AM
NO
holt8081
6/18/08 12:56:42AM
he also beat michael bisping so ya i think he is successfull in the ufc
Scott_Revels
6/18/08 12:59:41AM

Posted by holt8081

A lot of fans might think he won that fight, but on the records he didn't, and I base my system off of the records.
casketcoin
6/18/08 1:04:06AM
nicely said
Scott_Revels
6/18/08 1:06:33AM
It's the truth.
casketcoin
6/18/08 1:07:59AM
holt8081
6/18/08 1:09:23AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by holt8081

A lot of fans might think he won that fight, but on the records he didn't, and I base my system off of the records.

yes he has a loss on his record but man that was the worst fcking thing Ive ever seen I know hes deff but they must have thought he was blind to cuz that was crap, and what makes it worse is that Bisping wouldent fight him again like a punk cuz he knows he got his ass kicked.
Scott_Revels
6/18/08 1:09:28AM

Posted by casketcoin

I know where this is going, and I don't like it. Not one ounce of it..

Posted by holt8081

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by holt8081

yes he has a loss on his record but man that was the worst fcking thing Ive ever seen I know hes deff but they must have thought he was blind to cuz that was crap, and what makes it worse is that Bisping wouldent fight him again like a punk cuz he knows he got his ass kicked.

What happened, happened. I can't change that. I just play it as I see it.
holt8081
6/18/08 1:50:11AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by casketcoin

I know where this is going, and I don't like it. Not one ounce of it..

Posted by holt8081

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by holt8081

What happened, happened. I can't change that. I just play it as I see it.

ya unfortunately it is what it is........oh well sorry for the rant
Raykill
6/18/08 2:21:57AM

No. he is not a success story yet. He will be when he gets the belt around his waist though...
bullettdodger
6/18/08 2:32:38AM
Just basing off the records doesn't tell the whole story though, personally i consider him a success because he is making a living doing what he loves and in my book you really don't have more success than that. At anyrate i see what you're saying about not quite having enough wins but again who are we to talk about it
DCRage
6/18/08 6:32:40AM
Even though he hasn't gotten a title shot yet, yes. Just being able to make it this far as well as being the first deaf fighter ever in UFC is a remarkable accomplishment in itself. He'll get that shot eventually considering how he seems to improve every fight.
jocka
6/18/08 6:43:19AM

Posted by Raykill

No. he is not a success story yet. He will be when he gets the belt around his waist though...

Its true, if you can live off what you like to do as far as working you are succesfull
Ben_Hutch
6/18/08 7:40:35AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by holt8081

Get over it you stupid d*ck.

And yes, Hammil is a legend, such a nice guy
Franklinfan47
6/18/08 8:11:53AM
I consider him a success already. He's already overcome so much and is an inspiration to deaf athletes everywhere.
dannyfrank
6/18/08 12:51:46PM

Posted by Raykill

you dont have to hold a belt to be successful. there's plenty of successful people who dont have belts
teddythetuna
6/18/08 4:22:00PM
Wrestling credentials, fights for the most recognized mma organization in the world and WINS. All this with a Handicap. Yes he is a success story
djants
6/18/08 5:07:13PM
I am a fan of Bisping and disliked Hamill until that fight. He took the dubious decision with class and ended up looking all the better for it.
Aaronno9
6/18/08 5:10:20PM

Posted by djants

I am a fan of Bisping and disliked Hamill until that fight. He took the dubious decision with class and ended up looking all the better for it.

Posted by Franklinfan47

I consider him a success already. He's already overcome so much and is an inspiration to deaf athletes everywhere.

gamez0932
6/18/08 5:15:09PM
absolutely!!! with all the adversity this guy has gone through, then the biggest fight of his carrer he gets screwed on and he still came back to handle tim boestch who , literally, threw david heath around. hamill is an inspiration and a good fighter and i think he's definitly a success story. just my opinion
pdanke
6/18/08 7:39:36PM
Hamill's story is pretty extraordinary. He could kick that Rudy guy's ass.

So yes, success.
bayonetxwork
6/19/08 1:02:13AM
I wouldn't say he's a UFC success story particularly. More so an inspirational/personal success story. He probably will never be a champ in the UFC, but that doesn't matter because 90% of fighters never taste gold. However, he did something, pursued, and fought against all odds and should be considered successful in everyones eyes. Its amazing what he has accomplished, but to say that its a UFC success story without great success in the UFC doesn't make sense.
Naturaldisaster
6/19/08 2:53:55AM

Posted by Raykill

you have to win the championship to be a ufc success story?
I see alot of people as havin a ufc success story even if they havent had a title. Joe Stevenson? Josh Koscheck? Diego Sanchez? Forrest Griffin? Rashad Evans? All of them have been been pretty successful.

Edit: Kenny florian!
deezyo
6/21/08 12:06:59AM
of course