Matt Hamill V.S Michael Bisping?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Matt Hamill V.S Michael Bisping?
Ultimate_fighter
2/28/07 6:44:21PM
I think these 2 TUF 3 fighters should square off. Besides the were sopposed to fight instead of Michael Bisping and Ross Pointon(2). There are both good rookie fighters and i think the Hammer Matt Hamill would love to fight him.
pv3Hpv3p
2/28/07 6:53:46PM
It looked like Bidbing seemed pretty relieved that he didn't have to fight him on TUF...

I'm not saying that Bisbing was afraid to fight him or anything like that, just after training w/ him realized that it wasn't a good style matchup for him, IMO
Dalkiel
3/1/07 12:21:28AM
Bisping would and could destroy Matt. Matt has more potential, but he's still really green. Bisping has a lot more seasoning and some real skills.
Manfred
3/1/07 12:30:43AM
MIke said he doesn't want to fight Matt at this point because he'd be a step back. He's right. Bisping needs to be moving up in competition. not back down.
njekul
3/1/07 6:10:48AM
Hamill is lucky not to fight Bisping. if hamill went in for a shot with out setting it up first (like he always does) bisping would of need him in the head. bisping is to much to handle for hamill. plus bisping is like top 5 LH in ufc
waylon_o
3/1/07 10:29:21AM

Posted by njekul

Hamill is lucky not to fight Bisping. if hamill went in for a shot with out setting it up first (like he always does) bisping would of need him in the head. bisping is to much to handle for hamill. plus bisping is like top 5 LH in ufc

How can you say Bisping is top 5 if he's only had 1 fight? other than TUF
endodoug
3/1/07 1:07:48PM
the hammer would kill bisping
njekul
3/1/07 4:05:45PM
bisping has had no problem in any of his fights in the ufc. plus is one level higher then anyone in england. pritty much putting on a clinic in all his fights in the ufc. o yea about hammer its just a bad match up for hamill hes a great wrestler but now with the new breed of fighters single demention fights are weak.
pv3Hpv3p
3/1/07 4:49:55PM

Posted by njekul

matt's actually got great takedowns, a knees only gonna sneak in there by luck or if he tries with a tierd, sloppy TD...

It's a good style matchup... Bisbing owns the standup, but Hamil owns the wrestling / GnP...

I'm thinking back on that season of TUF, and I remember Bisbing getting pissed because Hamil was stuffing his TD's w/ no hands, but also I think Hamil had problems with gassing which is probably one of the first things that Tito has helped him with...

I think both are good fighters, but I would take Hamil in a GnP or LnP UD...
pv3Hpv3p
3/1/07 4:56:11PM

Posted by njekul

bisping has had no problem in any of his fights in the ufc. plus is one level higher then anyone in england. pritty much putting on a clinic in all his fights in the ufc. o yea about hammer its just a bad match up for hamill hes a great wrestler but now with the new breed of fighters single demention fights are weak.

He hasn't really faced any tough competition in his two UFC fights, I know that he has fought more outside of UFC, but there really isn't much of a UFC career to compare either fighter....

I personally don't like the LnP decisions, but you can't really say that wrestlers haven't been doing well... Hughes was a more or less single demention champ for a long time and more recently Kos's win over Joslin, O'brien over Herring, & Marrero.

Like I said I don't enjoy watching a fight like this as much as two wellrounded fighters going at it, but you have to admit that it seems powerful wrestlers, even for being more or less one sided, have a good track record
bayonetxwork
3/1/07 5:24:18PM

Posted by njekul

lol...hes had like 2 fights on the main stage, and your putting him in the top 5?

Then again I bet you have Stephan Bonnar in your top 5 too.
ElGuapo31
3/1/07 8:34:49PM
this fight would never happen...dana cant have 2 of his undefeated reality glory boys suffer a loss...and it would be bisping knocking him out pretty easily
njekul
3/1/07 10:35:51PM
ha good one you make me giggle. yes bisping is on the top 5 border. bonnar is a clown. chuck, jackson,evans,jarnie,bisping. plan and simple
black96eclipse
3/2/07 12:08:45AM
From the last fights I saw them in I would easily go with Bisping. But if Matt can improve his striking, which i'm sure he's been working on, it might be another story.
mrsumo
3/2/07 12:16:15AM
In TUF Bisping was glad when Hamill was hurt and couldn't go on. There were like two or three episodes in a row where he was tossing Bisbing around. Pretty much anyone would have trouble KOing the rock solid head of Hamill. If both continue to win than the matchup will be unaviodable.
Gladiator
3/2/07 12:16:23AM

Posted by njekul

ha good one you make me giggle. yes bisping is on the top 5 border. bonnar is a clown. chuck, jackson,evans,jarnie,bisping. plan and simple

mmm... more like chuck, jackson, tito, evans, sobral, or maybe machida but dont say bisping in top 5.
hathcock32
3/2/07 12:53:29AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by njekul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had Bisping above of Tito and Babalu after beating Josh Haynes and Eric Shaefer. O yea i def. see how you have him over them after beating 2 such quality opponets....

As for Hamill and Bisping....they could market that as a Main Event and i would watch it. I really would like to see that match. But not yet. Let them get some more wins...let Hamill work on his stand up and conditioning.By working with Tito and Team Punishment he should be well improved in both.I guess we will find out tomorrow when he takes on Rex Holman. If he develops his stand up game he could become a factor in the LHW division IMO
poll77
3/3/07 4:02:08PM

Posted by njekul

what about tito and babalu???
keith-hackney1
3/4/07 6:55:52AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

It looked like Bidbing seemed pretty relieved that he didn't have to fight him on TUF...

I'm not saying that Bisbing was afraid to fight him or anything like that, just after training w/ him realized that it wasn't a good style matchup for him, IMO[/QUOhamill is no match for bispuin, our britt would hammer matt, no match up. would like to see hamill fight griffin or jardine.
come on couture !!!!!!
disorderlyvision
3/4/07 8:36:22PM
bisping would beat hamill. i dont see the fight happening anytime soon though.