Matt Hamill Issues Statment Explaining Celebration After KO'ing Mark Munoz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hamill Issues Statment Explaining Celebration After KO'ing Mark Munoz
nickcuc547
3/11/09 6:20:04PM
apparently he caught bruce buffer with an elbow too, but a good read none the less

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0311/393361/matt_the_hammer_hamill/index.shtml
Subterfuge
3/11/09 6:23:59PM
I didn't have a problem with it, I think people are just trying to get on Matt's case because he is perceived as a DB.
nickcuc547
3/11/09 6:26:06PM

Posted by Subterfuge

I didn't have a problem with it, I think people are just trying to get on Matt's case because he is perceived as a DB.

ya me neither, i'd be pretty pumped if i ko'd a guy like that too.
The_Italian_Stallion
3/11/09 6:29:58PM
I hate when people freak out about this kind of thing... it's a sport... a game!!!

It's the same thing as a touchdown celebration, or when a soccer player slides on his knees.

I mean after everything these athletes put into this let them let it all out and have some fun, it's entertaining...

Obviously you don't want the guy to get hurt but he knew what he was getting into...

Showboating and Celebration = Okay in my books!
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
3/11/09 6:33:19PM
I don't feel he did anything wrong, maybe I missed what was so offensive but... if that was me and I was in the UFC and I just won by a 1st KO with a headkick I would freak out and celebrate too. Since when did MMA fans become sensitive anyways
bigox420
3/11/09 8:09:42PM
I see nothing wrong with what he did you can see he is pumped up from his first KO HEAD KICK. Damn that was nice.
jakeiceman
3/11/09 9:35:51PM
While watching it live I wondered why Hamill did'nt go check on Munoz sooner but I didnt see anything wrong with his celebration, he was obviously extatic and caught up in the moment as anyone would be but he didnt do anything disrespectful.
Bloodhound
3/11/09 10:34:13PM
im a big Hamill fan and i dont have a problem with his celebration, but it was childish
WheelchairBandit
3/11/09 10:41:23PM
Who cares?There's no difference between what he did and other fighters who go jump up on the cage or have their camp pick them up on their shoulders and all that stuff.Hell,GSP does a friggin back flip and break dances after he stops someone,Anderson Silva jumps up on the cage and all that stuff,Rampage howls and struts around.All Hamill did was get excited and jump up and down.

People sure like to get their panties in a wad over nothing.

WB.
Boo_Radley21
3/12/09 12:23:09AM
Anyone have a gif of his celebration? Was it actually something bad this time or are people just bitching for nothing.
jakeiceman
3/12/09 12:28:49AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Anyone have a gif of his celebration? Was it actually something bad this time or are people just bitching for nothing.

People are just bitching for nothing......I assure you. Hamill did nothing.....really he jumped up and down for a minute. Thats about it.
EvenFlow
3/12/09 2:16:04AM

"Sorry Bruce! Apparently in my excitement I landed a flush elbow to the chin of Bruce Buffer. Good thing he's tough, he took it like a champ!"

Funniest thing I've heard all day, War Da Hamma

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Boo_Radley21

People are just bitching for nothing......I assure you. Hamill did nothing.....really he jumped up and down for a minute. Thats about it.

Yeah and a few signs in sign language, I didnt know there were ppl bitching about Hamill now glad I didnt hear it, huge fan of Hamill so best of luck to him.

tmas
3/12/09 8:46:15AM
he is a class act this man amazes me everytime i see him..hear from him whatever......im glad he gave us a little look into what its like to be deaf, a lot of people dont know. He can hear certain things slightly and feel things.
Hillbilly
3/12/09 9:21:34AM
I don't get why people are making a big deal about Hamill when Kendall Grove did that friggin burial thingy after his ko.
EliasG
3/12/09 9:50:02AM
I just didn't like how he kept throwing gang signs.
pv3Hpv3p
3/12/09 11:09:00AM
Is there really anyone on this site that got all fired up about this... I was surprised to hear people were upset that he celebrated? Not sure what exactley they expect from him? Sit down and start meditating after the KO? Maybe throw loaves of bread into the crowd? What a bunch of dicks...

I don't know how anyone can read this and not see that the guy is a good hearted kid who's fought through adversity and deserves his time to shine...

Some people are just assholes I guess
MMAcca
3/12/09 2:49:10PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Boo_Radley21

It was the guy's first KO and he got it in spectacular fashion! I'd be that excited too