Matt Hamill Fought With a Staph Infection and a Broken Hand

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hamill Fought With a Staph Infection and a Broken Hand
« Previous Page
a-bombizzle
6/21/10 3:15:49AM
lol
jiujitsufreak74
6/21/10 3:27:09AM

Posted by a-bombizzle

i don't give hamill any credit for winning that fight a)the fight shouln't even have happened due too infection b) the poke in the eye was an accident and the point should not have been deducted and c) thats two fights in a row where he lucked out. plus i also thought jardine (who i'm not a fan of either) took rounds one and three

the point deduction occurred because the damage from the eye poke was severe. whether or not it was intentional has nothing to do with the point deduction. also, even without the point deduction, the fight still would have been a SD victory for Hamill. he did not "luck out" in this fight and to say so is down right ignorant. if anything he was unlucky int his fight, as he broke his hand and had staff. and that's another thing,; just because he "shouldn't have fought", which is wrong btw since he was cleared by doctors (Kieth Keizer said so himself), and even if it wasn't wrong that does not effect this win in the slightest.

and i'm sorry i wasn't aware that you are the MMA god, and because you feel Jardine won rounds 1 and 3 that means there is no other interpretation

BlueSkiesBurn
6/21/10 3:43:03AM
Man that's a double ended verbal assault from bjj and jiujitsufreak. Interesting night. People must still be upset from the Shalorus-Varner draw. I can see a couple rounds being fairly in terms of striking and damage landed but the most I could see it as, assuming you took the win away from Hammil, is a draw. Not a win for Jardine.
Edwards
6/21/10 1:59:33PM
cant help but love watchin MATT HAMILL fight always gives me goose bumps HAMILL showed again how far his heart can take him in a fight,cant wait to see the MATT HAMILL STORY,HAMILL AND JARDINE showed alot of heart which made for an awesome fight
a-bombizzle
6/21/10 2:11:25PM
so why is my opinion wrong and your's is right ? who thinks there the "mma god " now? and to say you're right and i'm wrong just purely based on opinion is " down right ignorant" and also by me saying he shouldn't of fought because of infection is not wrong, would you have fought him knowing he had a disgusting, open sore on his back? me coming from a wrestling and kickboxing background would not have but you coming from keyboard warriorville probably would. just because kieth keizer said it's ok does not make it right .
bjj1605
6/21/10 3:23:28PM

Posted by a-bombizzle

so why is my opinion wrong and your's is right ? who thinks there the "mma god " now? and to say you're right and i'm wrong just purely based on opinion is " down right ignorant" and also by me saying he shouldn't of fought because of infection is not wrong, would you have fought him knowing he had a disgusting, open sore on his back? me coming from a wrestling and kickboxing background would not have but you coming from keyboard warriorville probably would. just because kieth keizer said it's ok does not make it right .

If anything he deserves more credit for fighting through his illness and injury and still winning the fight.
jiujitsufreak74
6/22/10 12:19:48AM

Posted by a-bombizzle

lol at you calling me a keyboard warrior. i love how everyone just throws that around thinking they are the only ones that train. i'm not saying my opinion is 100% right, i was merely pointing out that you worded your post in a very troll-like fashion with the most bizarre logic i have ever seen. also, Kieth didn't change the way he fought because Hamill had staph. in fact, i am not even sure if he knew about it. so, having staph should have no effect on lessening the win for Hamill. if anything it makes it more impressive as bjj605 said due to the fact that he fought through an illness that makes you feel like a zombie. i'm not saying it was right or wrong for him to fight with the staph (imo it was wrong) but again it does not discount his win in any sort of fashion.
Pages: 1 [2]