Matt Hamill Will Fight At UFC 88

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Hamill Will Fight At UFC 88
MMAcca
7/1/08 12:07:15AM
Matt Hamill has informed Fightline.com that he has been offered a fight at UFC 88. Matt is extremely excited about this opportunity and tells us he's "ready to go." An opponent has not been named as of yet, however, Matt says he will announce it on MattHamill.com as soon as the information becomes available.

LINK
jae_1833
7/1/08 12:12:49AM
Very nice.....I hope it's Stephan Bonnar....I would like to see him back in action....anyone know where he's been??
Mchubb316
7/1/08 12:28:55AM
Stephan would be a good choice. A lot of people know him, and like his fight style. Good to see Hamill back in action. I would like to see him fight more in 09.
MMAcca
7/1/08 1:03:52AM
He had his ban, but that was a while ago nowso maybe he's been injured ?

I'm watching Bonnar at the minute fighting Schafer at 77.

Hamill Vs Bonnar is a potential EPIC imo !
Frost_777
7/1/08 1:08:18AM
Anyone think about maybe rich franklin? He said he might fight at this card and maybe even at lhw so thats a possibility, that'd be a good fight
bigbubbano23
7/1/08 1:40:01AM
does anyone know if Matt is still training for the Olympics?
crazedfan
7/1/08 2:18:21AM
Wow, people sure do have short memories here. Hamill was set to fight Bonnar at Fight Night 13, but Bonnar had to pull out due to injury, and that's when Tim Boetsch stepped in on short notice for a second time.
RMFG_187
7/1/08 9:39:11AM
maybe its just me, but I want to see him fight some tougher competition, he is in most of our minds a very accomplished wrestler that is still Undefeated. I want too see him fight Shogun, Soko or Thiago. all of those would be great fights for him and for us fans.

EDIT: WAR HAMILL!
babalu2720
7/1/08 10:43:25AM

Posted by RMFG_187

maybe its just me, but I want to see him fight some tougher competition, he is in most of our minds a very accomplished wrestler that is still Undefeated. I want too see him fight Shogun, Soko or Thiago. all of those would be great fights for him and for us fans.

EDIT: WAR HAMILL!

In Matt's best interest I'd say wait on those fights until his gas tank and striking improve more. Those three strikers would chew him up on the feet imo. Boetsch took half of Hamill's lip off with a knee, Shogun would break his face.
prozacnation1978
7/1/08 12:16:18PM
i say stephan bonner!!!!!!!
Twenty20Dollars
7/1/08 12:48:48PM
Go Hamill! matt should face rashad after rashad looses to liddell.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 1:08:23PM
Hamill is a stand up guy and i wish him the best. i am excited to see him back in the octagon and i hope is able to get the win. he has so much potential and no matter who he is facing i will be rooting for him.

i have a few guesses at who his opponent will be. imo, it has to be Bonnar or Thiago Silva. i would pick Matt over either of the two, however, Thiago might give him the most problems.

WAR HAMILL!!!!!!
DiabloFreak56
7/1/08 1:40:40PM
i hope its thiago silva..wanna see that matchup and its great to see hamill back
gabe531
7/1/08 2:48:03PM
yeah crazedfan i remember that. i would say bonnar would be likely choice to fight him again. thought bonnar was to be out until june so that would give him plenty of training time hopefully not getting injured this time. silva vs matt would be sweet too and would def shoot winner into tougher opponents for awhile.

i would prefer to see rashad vs matt and chuck vs t.silva or shogun at this event though. as for rich vs matt both are from cincy area so not sure if they know each other or not.