Matt Cain turns in one of the most dominant pitching performances ever!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Matt Cain turns in one of the most dominant pitching performances ever!
ChrisSabal
6/14/12 12:52:54AM
Matt Cain just threw a perfect, 14 K game against the Houston Astros to what I believe will go down as one of the most dominant performances ever by a pitcher.
Twenty20Dollars
6/14/12 12:53:50AM

frizzzlecake
6/14/12 1:00:15AM
Wow congrats to him!
Twenty20Dollars
6/14/12 1:19:07AM
Highest paid RHP in MLB history and now a perfect game.
prophecy033
6/14/12 1:29:26AM
That most certainly was one of the best pitching performances i've ever caought word of
Poor_Franklin
6/14/12 5:03:23PM
amazing!
BlueSkiesBurn
6/14/12 5:19:42PM
I love having MLB.TV this year. I got to watch this late last night and I was blown away. Cain is a great pitcher and a good ambassador for the game. Glad he got it.
Bubbles
6/15/12 12:21:14AM
that was a pretty remarkable game, but imo RA Dickey's 12 K "1 hitter" shutout is more impressive. Cain shut down a shitty Astros team while Dickey shut down a very good Rays team....with a knuckleball! If this appeal gets rewarded, Dickey tossed his own perfect game though his defense would have committed 2 errors
BlueSkiesBurn
6/15/12 12:26:08AM

Posted by Bubbles

that was a pretty remarkable game, but imo RA Dickey's 12 K "1 hitter" shutout is more impressive. Cain shut down a shitty Astros team while Dickey shut down a very good Rays team....with a knuckleball! If this appeal gets rewarded, Dickey tossed his own perfect game though his defense would have committed 2 errors

You mean that same Rays team that was no hit earlier this year?
Bubbles
6/15/12 1:00:22AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Bubbles

the very same Rays team that haven't been a basement dweller for the past 6 years, going on 7
BlueSkiesBurn
6/15/12 1:02:13AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Bubbles

Perfect game is a perfect game. Hard to argue anything is better than perfect lol
the very same Rays team that haven't been a basement dweller for the past 6 years, going on 7

Bubbles
6/15/12 7:49:09AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Perfect game is a perfect game. Hard to argue anything is better than perfect lol

haha I know but Dickey basically did the same thing except his defense made 2 errors (1 official). SF defense was out of their mind with some of those catches. Maybe I am being more partial because he throws a knuckleball which is difficult to control
ChrisSabal
6/15/12 10:44:22AM
I would say Matt's perfect game would beat out Dickey's no-no. Matt's defense played very well behind him but the Mets' defense not so much. That is something magical about a perfect game that doesn't just affect the pitcher but it affects the whole team too. They all know they contributed for Cain to pitch his perfect game.

The only game I can think off the top of my head that could be better than Cain's is Kerry Wood's 1 hit 20 K game. I'm sure there are better pitching performances but off the top of my head I can't pick one.