Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves announced for UFC on Fox Sports 1 1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves announced for UFC on Fox Sports 1 1
FastKnockout
5/4/13 3:18:36PM
Matt Brown looks to continue his unexpected charge towards the top of the welterweight division when he fights Thiago Alves at UFC on Fox Sports 1 1 in August.

Link
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/4/13 3:20:08PM
Badass fight. With the way Brown has been looking lately coupled with the layoff for Alves, I've got Brown by dec.
sparky
5/4/13 3:26:39PM
This should be a war.

Great match making I'm excited to see these 2 throw down
tcunningham
5/4/13 3:32:25PM
thiago who? he must be new because it cant be the same fighter that challenged for the title a few years back in all seriousness, i will be picking brown all day long. alves is not what he used to be and i think brown has a great style to beat thiago. grind him out until hes dead tired (probably will happen about mid 1st round) then grind some more until he breaks. war brown
DrivenDavies15
5/4/13 4:09:28PM
PITBULL IS BACK! Yes!! Great fight here should be a war, Brown is so dangerous Thiago will have to be careful but after seeing Mein hurt Brown pretty bad in his last fight I feel confident that Thiago will hurt him and not let him off the hook
Alves KO2 I will take that Av bet all day long
pmoney
5/4/13 4:32:46PM
Awesome fight. There are so many factors.... it will be tough to predict but it's going to be easy to enjoy
Poor_Franklin
5/4/13 4:41:10PM
can we just refer to them as "the 1st UFC on Fox Sports 1 card", the 2nd UFC on Fox Sports 1 card", etc.?
airkerma
5/4/13 5:32:44PM
Alves has all the tools and then some to win this fight, but Brown is on such a tear! If Alves learned from Brown's last fight, he should know he can out box him and that the body shots are clutch.
sbulldavid
5/4/13 9:35:35PM
I finally think I've found a good match for Brown, Alves is going to be in trouble if he can't take Brown out in the first.
emfleek
5/4/13 10:45:58PM
Good fight but a step back for Matt.

Thiago's lost 4 of 6. Brown's on a 5 fight W streak.

Not much else out there though.
sbulldavid
5/5/13 1:50:29AM
Brown is as underrated as Thiago is overrated, I know it's only a matter of time before Brown gets put to sleep but I don't think Thiago is a top 5 guy anymore and just as one dimensional as Brown.
Sir_Karl
5/5/13 2:02:03AM

Posted by sbulldavid

Brown is as underrated as Thiago is overrated, I know it's only a matter of time before Brown gets put to sleep but I don't think Thiago is a top 5 guy anymore and just as one dimensional as Brown.

I don't think Brown is "one dimensional" at all. On the contrary actually.
prozacnation1978
5/5/13 8:19:42AM
I gotta pick alves.
Surprised this fight ain't happening in Ufc 163 Brazil
george112
5/5/13 9:39:53AM
i feel like the sheer strength ddifference will win alves the fight. If he doesn't gas that is. Brown wont catch him in a sub. alves is too compact for that.

hopefully brown can stay on the outside and pick him apart. going to the ground is a mistake along with coming inside and trying to knock him out
jae_1833
5/5/13 3:04:09PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

can we just refer to them as "the 1st UFC on Fox Sports 1 card", the 2nd UFC on Fox Sports 1 card", etc.?

Why did we have to change the numbering system just for Fox...should have fist continued to call the Fight Nights.
JoeWarren33
5/5/13 3:26:17PM
Gotta think Brown takes this one. Alves hasnt been fighting enough lately. As much as I like Alves, I think you gotta stick with the hot hand on this one!
Shawn91111
5/5/13 3:27:01PM
I dont know how much longer I can pick against Brown. If Alves hadnt been out for a year Id pick him.
xdanish020
5/5/13 4:19:14PM
This should be a fun fight to watch, Brown is going to bring the pressure no matter who he fights.
Budgellism
5/5/13 4:48:59PM
This fight has war written all over it. Alves has been out over a year so I don't know if I can pick him but he's definitely the toughest test Brown has had on his current winning streak.