Matt brown got screwed!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Matt brown got screwed!!
ricoj3323
9/7/08 3:11:55AM
In my opinion matt brown should have won that split decision, he got shafted and he deserves a rematch

what do you think
FrankTheTank1181
9/7/08 3:15:09AM
I think if he would have finished the fight he wouldn't have to worry about the judges. It was too close of a fight to use the word "shafted" in my opinion.
Twenty20Dollars
9/7/08 3:15:11AM
Um I think you are wrong. I just watched the fight. Kim won the first and third round(because of the two takedowns). Then Brown won the second round. Also I wouldnt really want to see a rematch between those two.
Mchubb316
9/7/08 3:15:28AM
I think it was the right call. Brown lost the first round 10-9 won the second round 10-9 and was beat in the third 10-9. The last round he came out, and seemed a little more timid that round 2. Kim got 2 takedowns, and used ground and pound effectively to win the round. It was close, but I do not think Brown got screwed.
KYGUY07
9/7/08 3:16:47AM
i personally think you could have called rd.2 a 10-8 round because kim didnt really do anything, if anything the fight should have been a draw.
Naturaldisaster
9/7/08 3:17:30AM
He didnt get screwed. it was a close fight but He shouldnt have won. It really should have been a Draw. My friend and I watched it and we both agree that Kim won round 1 and 3 and that Brown won round 2 (10-8) we both thought it would be a draw. But I took kim to win by Decision so its a win for me (im not gonna complain)
FrankTheTank1181
9/7/08 3:18:54AM

Posted by KYGUY07

i personally think you could have called rd.2 a 10-8 round because kim didnt really do anything, if anything the fight should have been a draw.

10-8 based on what???
ncordless
9/7/08 3:19:36AM

Posted by Mchubb316

I think it was the right call. Brown lost the first round 10-9 won the second round 10-9 and was beat in the third 10-9. The last round he came out, and seemed a little more timid that round 2. Kim got 2 takedowns, and used ground and pound effectively to win the round. It was close, but I do not think Brown got screwed.

The elbow was the most effective offense by either fighter in rnd 3 and won Dong the round.

GrizzlyChadams
9/7/08 3:56:51AM
This fight isn't nearly as close as some seem to think. The 1st was somewhat close but i'd give it to Dong. The 2nd clearly goes to Brown. And the 3rd hands down goes to Dong. The decision was justified.
loller90278
9/7/08 5:13:59AM
if it was under pride rules, i would've given it to brown. but since we're on a 10 point must system, dong won rounds 1 and 3, therefore he wins!
Aether
9/7/08 5:15:56AM
I can't believe there is any debate about this at all. In fact I think the only reason it was a split decision is because cecil peoples was one of the judges. Kim clearly won rounds 1 and 3. Also, if you are going to call round 2 a 10-8 (which you can't possibly do, matt obviously won the round, but he didn't completely dominate him by any means) then you would have to give the first round 10-8 to kim because he beat matt as badly in round one as matt beat him in round 2.

I thought it was pretty clear that whoever took round 3 would win the fight. Kim got 2 takedowns, pushed the pace, and also gained dominant position while opening a cut and finishing the round strong. Brown didn't do very much in round 3.

I'm surprised anyone, especially joe, thought Matt won that fight.
dannyfrank
9/7/08 7:20:29AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Posted by KYGUY07

10-8 based on what???

based on kim not doing anything and getting his ass kicked
Hillbilly
9/7/08 8:03:31AM
Matt Brown was going to win the fight until those last 2 minutes.
grappler0000
9/7/08 8:25:55AM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by KYGUY07

10-8 based on what???

The judges look for dominance and damage for a 10-8 round...Brown definitively won the round, but it was far from a 10-8. Not doing much will not cost you a point unless the ref takes a point for stalling, which wasn't the case.
Jlloyd
9/7/08 9:07:22AM
Kin won rounds 1 and 3 IMO
Rush
9/7/08 9:33:42AM
The fight was close and arguments can be made for both fighters, but I think Brown should have been deducted for the fence grab in the first, which makes the win for Kim more solidified in my book.
cowcatcher
9/7/08 10:22:39AM

Posted by loller90278

if it was under pride rules, i would've given it to brown. but since we're on a 10 point must system, dong won rounds 1 and 3, therefore he wins!

this is exactly what i would have said, in a 10 point must system this will happen from time to time. brown has a big heart though and im sure were going to see more of him, hes a fighter pure and simple.
jawbreaker517
9/7/08 11:57:03AM
The way I saw it, it was 1 and 1 at the end of the second, and Dong took him down twice i think winning the fight.
palaceonballas
9/7/08 12:23:13PM
I don't see what all the fuss was all about, Brown appeared to lose the fight 2 rounds to 1, it just so happened that the crowd didn't like the Korean from the start and I think that influenced some people with all the booing afterward

Ordep
9/7/08 12:28:31PM

Posted by Rush

The fight was close and arguments can be made for both fighters, but I think Brown should have been deducted for the fence grab in the first, which makes the win for Kim more solidified in my book.

sucks that he wasn't even warned about it, Kim should have landed in a more dominant position, and this was 1st round so he still had energy to pull a submission, but anyways, Kim clearly won that fight, the arena started booing just because they didn't know Kim, since the weigh-ins they made this a "USA vs other nation" match.
jimmypockets
9/7/08 1:25:26PM
Anyone that thinks Brown won that fight on the current UFC scoring system is crazy. Brown was completely dominated for half the first round with Kim on his back. Kim obviously got the takedowns needed and did the damage in the third to win it as well. Brown took the second convincingly but it was hardly a 10-8 round. The announcers are who made me angry. Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan need to maybe focus a little more on watching the fights and a little less on reapplying makeup for the cameras. I don't think there would be as much controversy if the announcers had been watching the fight instead of opening their mouths just to fill the silence. Rogan and Goldberg were both saying Kim was behind at the beginning of the third and in my opinion they must have not watched the first round. Step up your game Rogan and Goldberg cause the ignorant people don't pay attention to the fight either and just listen to what you guys say.
Rush
9/7/08 1:50:25PM
People need to mute the TV for fights like this. The subjective opinions of the crowd and announcers can certainly influence an opinion.
Aaronno9
9/7/08 2:32:56PM
I think Kim won rounds 1 and 3. It shouldn't of even been a split. Just becouse Joe Rogan and the booers don't agree with a decision doesn't mean it isn't legit.
DJDark41
9/7/08 2:47:49PM
I don't think I've ever been so bored by such a close fight. But "screwed" is a very harsh word. More like, "slightly defeated." He lost, no doubt about it, but he didn't lose by much. He could probably win a rematch.
Aether
9/7/08 3:22:55PM
the only reason it was a split is because cecil peoples is a terrible judge.
FrankTheTank1181
9/7/08 3:34:05PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by KYGUY07

10-8 based on what???

The judges look for dominance and damage for a 10-8 round...Brown definitively won the round, but it was far from a 10-8. Not doing much will not cost you a point unless the ref takes a point for stalling, which wasn't the case.

Couldn't have said it any better. The idea of getting a 10-8 round cause ur opponent does "nothing" is laughable and ridiculous.
Wolfenstein
9/7/08 3:41:03PM
Kim won rounds one and three. Brown dominated round 2 but never really was close to stopping Kim which to me is what it takes to score a round 10-8. So I scored it 10-9 for Brown. Kim wins via decision. I don't really get the argument because Brown only won one round, clearly the audience had a favorite, but I think they were clearly wrong and probably hammered.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 3:52:02PM

Posted by Aether

I can't believe there is any debate about this at all. In fact I think the only reason it was a split decision is because cecil peoples was one of the judges. Kim clearly won rounds 1 and 3. Also, if you are going to call round 2 a 10-8 (which you can't possibly do, matt obviously won the round, but he didn't completely dominate him by any means) then you would have to give the first round 10-8 to kim because he beat matt as badly in round one as matt beat him in round 2.

I thought it was pretty clear that whoever took round 3 would win the fight. Kim got 2 takedowns, pushed the pace, and also gained dominant position while opening a cut and finishing the round strong. Brown didn't do very much in round 3.

I'm surprised anyone, especially joe, thought Matt won that fight.

Well said.
Kastro
9/7/08 7:02:28PM
Kim got the 1st and 3rd round... plus inflicted "damage to an opponent" with the big elbow in the 3rd which caused a cut and made him bleed... which in the eyes of the judges scores some points as well as the takedowns..

Brown should have kept it standing and just pointed out the last round but instead he played into Kims game and got taken down... better luck next time Matt!
prozacnation1978
9/7/08 7:56:37PM
i had kim winning rounds 1 and 3 with brown winning 2

but least impressive of the night was kim he should have beat him early in the 1st