Matt Brown Vs. Dong-Hyun Kim

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Matt Brown Vs. Dong-Hyun Kim
mikevolz
8/11/08 10:44:44PM
on here we have 36% picking for brown, and 64% for the 'stun gun'

that puts dong-hyun kim at -180

does anybody else see this as a pot of gold?

im ready to drop my college fund on this one once the odds hit bodog.

juanez13
8/11/08 10:48:42PM
The Dong will prevail.

He has awesome Judo, and he'll dominate the fight on the ground.
mikevolz
8/11/08 10:49:31PM
and his striking isn't bad. not to mention its 5'7 vs 6'3
Svartorm
8/11/08 11:51:46PM
Our odds don't even remotely mirror real sportbook odds, but this could be a potential money maker.
mrkennedy
8/12/08 12:27:37AM
dont understand that fight a worldclass fighter vs a low quality fighter
Svartorm
8/12/08 12:49:45AM
Dong-Hyun Kim is FAR from world class dude. Hes not bad and he'll give some fighters a lot of trouble, but his 10-0 record is about as impressive as Jason Reinherts 18-0 was.
hotrodttt
8/12/08 12:53:59AM

Posted by Svartorm

Dong-Hyun Kim is FAR from world class dude. Hes not bad and he'll give some fighters a lot of trouble, but his 10-0 record is about as impressive as Jason Reinherts 18-0 was.

Props ! Yeah but Don's Overall Better Game will take him to Victory, Better Striking + Grappling + Awesome Judo = Impressive Win
mrkennedy
8/12/08 2:34:23AM

Posted by Svartorm

matt brown is the world class fighter

understand your point
xposipx
8/12/08 11:03:01AM

Posted by mrkennedy

Posted by Svartorm

understand your point

Understand the point, but I also realize it's not a good one at all. Research his judo creds and tell me he's not world class. I understand this is mma, but then you could go on and say the same things about Lesnar, Velasquez, and many more other guys without impressive records and write them off. There's more to mma than sherdog records.
fedorwins1
8/12/08 11:15:21AM
Dong should punish Brown the entire fight.
emfleek
8/12/08 11:24:38AM
Dong will be all over Brown.

gsquat
8/12/08 11:28:10AM

Posted by emfleek

Dong will be all over Brown.

Good thing its not Brown on the Dong... eew. Kim R1 KO/TKO.
copcopps
8/12/08 11:54:08AM
Who the hell even uses Dong as a slang word anymore?

Anyway back on topic. KIm's way too good and big for Brown, I think he could even knock him out
mikevolz
8/12/08 1:01:25PM
people who try to stand with brown just somehow get beaten up. people who take him down, have a lot of success. I don't think dong will be afraid to get inside brown, and toss him around.

but seriously, dong has good takedowns and good ground ability, and isnt afraid to use it, and isn't at a disadvatange standing (he might be, but i dont think it will be that big of one if there is). so i see this as a good one.

but then again i picked marcus davis over swick
copcopps
8/12/08 1:35:45PM
A lot of people did that nothing to be ashamed of
MikeyG
8/12/08 2:38:22PM

Posted by mikevolz

on here we have 36% picking for brown, and 64% for the 'stun gun'

that puts dong-hyun kim at -180

does anybody else see this as a pot of gold?

im ready to drop my college fund on this one once the odds hit bodog.

Not a good idea to bet that much money against the Dong, you will regret it big time if you lose.

if you really think matt's gonna win then just pick him and put him on your parlay.

That being said, Dong TKO'2, but Matt's a scraper and will make it exciting.
MikeyG
8/12/08 2:40:38PM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by mrkennedy

Posted by Svartorm

understand your point

Understand the point, but I also realize it's not a good one at all. Research his judo creds and tell me he's not world class. I understand this is mma, but then you could go on and say the same things about Lesnar, Velasquez, and many more other guys without impressive records and write them off. There's more to mma than sherdog records.

good response.
Wolfenstein
8/12/08 3:05:09PM
I don't think Matt has a chance. If anything I think the odds should be a little more in favor of Kim, but he is still unproven. I would like to see him fight someone other than TUF rejects though.

I predict an awesome judo throw turned into a quick submission in round 1. I did underestimate Matt in his last fight though, so maybe he'll prove me wrong again.
mikevolz
8/12/08 7:16:17PM
i was talking about betting on the dong. just to clear things up.
bls1919
8/12/08 8:09:03PM
This is a tough fight to call. Matt Brown is tough as nails. Kim is bigger and has better striking. not to say that Brown isnt a good striker. This is going to be a quick fight either way it goes, but for now i have Brown TKO 1st.
Svartorm
8/12/08 8:10:08PM

Posted by xposipx

I'm well aware of his judo creds, but I'm also well aware that MMA isn't judo, and I'm not sure if the Lesnar and Velasquez comment was directed at me or as a generalization, but I've never written either of those guys off. I think Kim is a decent fighter and will give Brown a lot of trouble, but hes going to have a very hard time making a splash in WW and I wouldn't consider him world class in MMA until he beats someone besides undersized fighters with losing records. I think he beats Brown and loses to 90% of the division.