Which matchup had/has you more excited?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which matchup had/has you more excited?
POLL: Which matchup had/has you more excited?
GSP vs Diaz 18% (7)
Penn vs Condit 13% (5)
GSP vs Condit 13% (5)
Penn vs Diaz 58% (23)
Poor_Franklin
9/8/11 8:33:17PM
In this poll, everyone wins!!!!

Penn/Diaz for me. I've been talking about wanting to see these 2 fight for years.

Everything about this fight will be awesome.
FastKnockout
9/8/11 8:38:53PM
Penn vs. Diaz. This fight will be craaaazy!
Twenty20Dollars
9/8/11 8:42:56PM
Penn/Diaz, only b/c GSP isn't that exciting anymore to me.

George Safe Pierre, haha
DrivenDavies15
9/8/11 8:45:41PM
to be honest i was actually more excited for Condit/penn just because it was more interesting to me, but don't get me wrong diaz/penn is just as good
Poor_Franklin
9/8/11 8:45:42PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

me & you are on the same page w/ gsp & guida. i love em both, but I've grown tired of the way they fight as of late......hope it changes
kopower
9/8/11 8:58:07PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

me & you are on the same page w/ gsp & guida. i love em both, but I've grown tired of the way they fight as of late......hope it changes

Make it a threesome

GSP would have just taken Diaz down and more than likely rode out a decision. Penn/Diaz has the better chance of a stand up war.
Budgellism
9/8/11 9:32:30PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

to be honest i was actually more excited for Condit/penn just because it was more interesting to me, but don't get me wrong diaz/penn is just as good

Same here dude. Condit vs. Penn is a fight I've been waiting for, for a long time.
ajp10k
9/8/11 10:05:28PM
Hell, I like it all! But I really wanted to see Condit vs Penn. Oh well these fights are still going to be good.
Chael_Sonnen
9/8/11 10:30:02PM
Penn vs Spliff Diaz

I see Beej placing Nick over his knee and giving him a thorough spanking
prophecy033
9/8/11 11:28:06PM
I'd have to say Penn-Diaz because they match up better. Both are Legit Black-belts, both have solid Boxing skills with Diaz having the reach and B.J. having the speed. This is gonna be FOTN
bigrand826
9/9/11 1:08:49PM

Posted by prophecy033

I'd have to say Penn-Diaz because they match up better. Both are Legit Black-belts, both have solid Boxing skills with Diaz having the reach and B.J. having the speed. This is gonna be FOTN

Same here. BJ also has the wrestling while Diaz has the cardio. The fact that this will likely be exclusively stand-up, BJ's cardio shouldn't be tested. And in the event that Diaz gets the better of the standup, BJ has an out. Even if it ends up on the ground it should be exciting. It will probably go the distance since both guys have great chins. Given the circumstances, this was the best fight to be made, IMO.
bigrand826
9/9/11 1:15:20PM

Posted by ajp10k

Hell, I like it all! But I really wanted to see Condit vs Penn. Oh well these fights are still going to be good.

Me too, but I really like both BJ and Carlos, so I don't mind as much that they don't have to fight each other. I'm rooting for BJ and Carlos all the way, which, ironically, could cause them to be matched up in their next fight.
emfleek
9/9/11 1:21:02PM
Add both of these fights to a growing list of UFC fights I have a woody for.

In the coming months, I'm looking forward to:

Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi
Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Guillard
Rampage vs. Jon Jones
Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens
Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
Nick Diaz vs. BJ Penn
Carlos Condit vs. Georges St. Pierre
Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida
Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian

And that's just off the top of my head. Now is a reaaaaally great time to be a UFC fan.
tn_rebel
9/9/11 1:31:23PM
I haven't got excited for a GSP fight for a long time.
Styles
9/9/11 3:06:59PM
Im more excited to see the trash talk between Diaz and Penn, you knwo that is gonna get pretty interesting.

I also voted Penn/Diaz, IMO this fight is going to sell to more fans then the title.
Hendo67
9/9/11 5:39:20PM
Man, i'm honestly so jacked for both Condit/St-Pierre and Diaz/Penn... both are great matchups. I'm a big NBK fan, and would honestly give my right one to watch him land a flying knee on St-Pierre and see him celebrate with some gold, but we all know the jab, jab, superman jab, jab, takedown and repeat will happen en route to a UD win for Georges, but one can hope NBK can KO the Champ, he sure has the power.

Penn/Diaz is an insane matchup, it's pitter-patter vis technical power strikes, it's going to be a boxing showcase in which i think Bj will come out the victor in this one. I'll take Bj via UD or possible late TKO in the 3rd to end it. I'll be cheering for Diaz but i won't lose any sleep if Bj won. These bouts are both great matchups, I like Diaz/Penn because we don't know what will happen, we can speculate, we can guess... but it's not like the typical coasting fight that Georges has been prone to do lately.

WAR DIAZ
WAR CONDIT!!
prozacnation1978
9/10/11 4:07:08PM
Either is fine just glad diaz is still on the card
I do think condit is more dangerous to gsp than diaz
fonduktoe
9/11/11 9:55:00PM

Posted by Styles

Im more excited to see the trash talk between Diaz and Penn, you knwo that is gonna get pretty interesting.

I also voted Penn/Diaz, IMO this fight is going to sell to more fans then the title.

penn and diaz have trained together on multiple occasions and are good friends so i doubt there will be alot of **** being flung between the two of them
wgwolfordredux
9/11/11 11:19:12PM
For me, Penn/Condit was the most intriguing matchup, but I'm very glad to see Condit get his shot, and now I don't have to be torn over who I want to win between two of my favorite fighters in Condit and Penn. Now I can just root for Penn to straight up destroy Diaz.
Playground_Samurai
9/12/11 1:52:43AM
Diaz/Penn. I hope they both display their boxing to where they take turns dropping each other then turn it into a crazy ground war.