do matches like james irvin not count in pick points for DQ??

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » do matches like james irvin not count in pick points for DQ??
prozacnation1978
1/1/08 11:04:00AM
i was looking james irvin won the match by DQ over cane i should have gotten 5 points for the win plus the fight was halted in the 1st that would be another 2 points so instead of giving me 7 points you guys just erased the fight??
i can see a draw being erased like evans ortiz but a DQ win is still a win on the record. i know not by decision or submission but i think DQ wins u still should get the points for the win as well as the round of it. That's messed up,
DCRage
1/1/08 11:29:59AM
I personally think DQs, No Contests, and Draws shouldn't be scored at all. It seems to cause too much controversy over scoring and generates too many arguments. I could see Draw maybe being added as a scoring option though even though it very rarely happens without a penalty causing it.
tuvok500
1/1/08 11:35:46AM
Yeah when a fight result is not an option that we can pick, they are removing the fight from the result.

so a draw, a DQ , and a change of opponent at the last minute.

stock
1/1/08 3:32:19PM
Just my opinion but a DQ should still be counted as a win for the other guy.
It makes sense that a draw/no contest should be voided from scoring since there is no winner, but with a DQ, there IS a winner.
If you would have bet money on Irvin in Vegas, you would have won.
prozacnation1978
1/2/08 1:35:07AM

Posted by stock

Just my opinion but a DQ should still be counted as a win for the other guy.
It makes sense that a draw/no contest should be voided from scoring since there is no winner, but with a DQ, there IS a winner.
If you would have bet money on Irvin in Vegas, you would have won.

it's true you would have won money, irvin did get the win the match wasn't ruled a no contest so i should get points for the win
CornishMMA
1/3/08 11:46:52AM
I kinda agree and would think that way if i had been screwed (and in this case i wagered on Cane so benefited from this) but really if you think about it he didnt WIN the fight it was just the other guy losing out, so your pick wasnt really right as he could of lost (and LOL cos he would of!) bar the dq, i think they have it right as is tbh
madmarck
1/3/08 2:42:31PM

Posted by CornishMMA

I kinda agree and would think that way if i had been screwed (and in this case i wagered on Cane so benefited from this) but really if you think about it he didnt WIN the fight it was just the other guy losing out, so your pick wasnt really right as he could of lost (and LOL cos he would of!) bar the dq, i think they have it right as is tbh

I have to disagree. Irvin did WIN the fight. DQ is a valid way of winning, Albeit's from something your opponent does, but it isnt always the fighter who wins who does something. Matt Lindland KO'd himself remember.