Massenio Set To Have MCL surgery Today

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Massenio Set To Have MCL surgery Today
Wolfenstein
1/1/09 2:33:01PM
According to Brad Rysz of RotoExperts.com, UFC middleweight Mike Massenzio suffered a torn MCL three weeks prior to his December 27th clash with CB Dollaway at UFC 92. Despite the injury, Massenzio opted to go through with the fight and with a heavily bandaged knee, he nearly pulled off the victory after rocking Dollaway and sinking in a deep guillotine choke.

link
breakdown5
1/1/09 2:49:09PM
I wish I had known this coming into the fight. I would have switched my pick to CB. I guess he really did need to have his entire leg wrapped up. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and can get back in there to fight soon.
Twenty20Dollars
1/1/09 2:54:17PM
im glad i stuck with CB
tuvok500
1/1/09 3:06:50PM

Posted by breakdown5

I wish I had known this coming into the fight. I would have switched my pick to CB. I guess he really did need to have his entire leg wrapped up. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and can get back in there to fight soon.

breakdown5
1/1/09 3:15:10PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by breakdown5

It was a good pick, he almost won with the bum leg anyway.
jae_1833
1/1/09 5:43:03PM
Yeah, he's a great fighter and will most likely have a bright future. Here's to a speedy and full recovery Massenio!!