Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham targeted for January's UFC 108 in Las Vegas

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham targeted for January's UFC 108 in Las Vegas
emfleek
10/23/09 2:25:01PM
A potential slugfest is currently in the works for UFC 108 as Martin Kampmann (15-3 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Rory Markham (16-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) have been targeted for a welterweight contest at the event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that both fighters have verbally agreed to the contest, though bout agreements have yet to be signed.

While the UFC has yet to officially announce the event, UFC 108 is expected to take place Jan. 2 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

LINK
cowcatcher
10/23/09 2:30:09PM
will rory get up after getting rocked and come back to win or will he stay down? this is the question i ask myself before every one of his fights, he is easily one of the most exciting fighters out there today IMO, great matchup.
prozacnation1978
10/23/09 3:31:16PM
very good pre lim
i finally get to see martin fight live
always been a fan of his, hope he plays smart and subs him quick
if he tries to trade he might get kocked out
Twenty20Dollars
10/23/09 4:01:22PM
It doesnt get easier for either guy here. Im thinking Kampmann might stand up too long and get tko'd, but maybe he learned from his last fight w/ daley. Idk
wrona666
10/23/09 4:26:36PM
Both guys like to trade punches, but Kampman has a lot more skill and has a better chin......Kampman rd 1 KO.......
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/23/09 4:29:46PM
Kampmann for sure and I hope this is on the undercard
Giant_Ochai
10/23/09 5:18:36PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It doesnt get easier for either guy here. Im thinking Kampmann might stand up too long and get tko'd, but maybe he learned from his last fight w/ daley. Idk

Markham is nowhere near the technical striker that Daley is. Kampmann KOs Markham with a beautifully placed counter punch, just like Hardy did.
jae_1833
10/23/09 6:55:28PM
I honestly think that Martin needs to remember how good his ground game is, I really believe that if he does that he will sub Rory with relative ease!
higdon10
10/24/09 1:56:37AM
Kampmann is superior to Markham in all aspects of the game, Round 1 sub.
xdanish020
10/24/09 3:00:36PM
Should be a good comeback fight for Martin. Not the easiest fight, but he is better than Markham pretty much everywhere except for maybe the strength department.

I expect to see Kampmann take the fight to the ground and not risk getting KO'd again to secure a first round submission.