UFC 88: Martin Kampmann finds no weaknesses in Nate Marquardts game

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 88: Martin Kampmann finds no weaknesses in Nate Marquardts game
SmileR
8/29/08 12:54:30PM
“Most of the guys I’ve fought, I’ve been able to pinpoint a weakness in their game. Not with Nate. He is very well rounded, and one of best guys in the UFC. It’s going to be tough, but I am looking forward to it…. Before I was injured, I was supposed to fight in a main event. I got injured and was out for over a year, and people forgot about me. It was a long time out. Now, it’s time to fight my way back and remind people of who I am.”

Martin Kampmann heaps praise on his opponent, Nate Marquardt, at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Ga., on September 6. The article has some great background on “The Hitman” and his journey from competing in small European shows to the Octagon. He also goes into great details about the catastrophic knee injury that nearly cost him his fighting career.

Link
whardin19
8/29/08 12:58:22PM
These two will probably have the best fight of the night. I like both of them. But, this is how I see the fight. I see Kampmanns stand up fighting better than Marquardts. But, I see Marquardts ground game being a little better than Kampmanns. If this fight stays standing I see Kampmann winning it. If it goes to the ground I see Marquardt winning. As I see it now Kampmann wins UD.
Twenty20Dollars
8/29/08 1:09:00PM
I dont think Kampmann is going to survive against nate the great
bojangalz
8/29/08 1:28:23PM
I really don't even want to make a pic on this fight. My heart says take Kampmann (thats who I want to win). But my head is saying take Marquardt, he's the safer pick.
TheCelica
8/29/08 4:11:06PM
Kampmann by DQ.

No seriously, Nate is great and all, and will most likey be angry about his last fight and come out strong, but remember Martin Kampmann put the hurt on Thales Lietes. I'm going with Kampman by TKO.
kaduey
8/29/08 5:20:45PM

Posted by TheCelica

Kampmann by DQ.

No seriously, Nate is great and all, and will most likey be angry about his last fight and come out strong, but remember Martin Kampmann put the hurt on Thales Lietes. I'm going with Kampman by TKO.

Yeah I'm going to pick this one by comparing them from their fights with Lietes. Kampmann was much more dominate in all positions and even though Marquardt did some punishment to lietes, he also took alot of damage. Kampmann by close decision.
wrona666
8/29/08 6:48:28PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by TheCelica

Kampmann by DQ.

Yeah I'm going to pick this one by comparing them from their fights with Lietes. Kampmann was much more dominate in all positions and even though Marquardt did some punishment to lietes, he also took alot of damage. Kampmann by close decision.

I have to agree with everything both of you are saying, but i think im going with Nate just due to the fact of the long lay off the Kampman has had.....I think Kampman will start to slow and get finished by Nate in the first or second round...
sparky
8/29/08 8:48:53PM
This is a great fight I like both guys they are both entertaining to watch. Personally I believe that Martin Kampmann is over looked hes the sleeper of the middle weight division. Marquardt is a solid test for Kampmann , but I think Kampmann will beable to beat Marquardt. Im calling submission of the night on this fight.

MY PICK
Kampmann / 2nd rd / Submission
Pookie
8/29/08 10:56:13PM
Nate by dominant positioning