Marquart owned by genki!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Marquart owned by genki!
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/22/07 3:53:34PM
Never saw this before, great armbar by Genki. Too bad he retired. He would be awsome in the UFC LW div.

Btw did Marquart cut major wieght for this bout? He looks super small compared to now.

link
pv3Hpv3p
2/22/07 3:57:41PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Never saw this before, great armbar by Genki. Too bad he retired. He would be awsome in the UFC LW div.

Btw did Marquart cut major wieght for this bout? He looks super small compared to now.

link

As was pointed out to me in a different thread (thank you Snacks), this was before he bulked up I guess...

Either way you look at it, pretty impressive for Sudo
ffforgottenx
2/22/07 4:10:49PM
good find, thanks for posting..

and yea id say marquardt was definately a little smaller, as this fight was in 1999 haha which means nate would have been about 20 years old
hippysmacker
2/22/07 4:15:26PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

and yea id say marquardt was definately a little smaller, as this fight was in 1999 haha which means nate would have been about 20 years old

And obviously Nate is a completely different fighter now.Sudo was exciting sometimes though.
Stickan
2/22/07 5:44:56PM
Sudo looked way bigger and fatter though.... beautiful armbar.

Thanks for the link
shackle
2/22/07 7:01:10PM
Just because he was "owned" then doesn't mean anything to his ability now. Some fighters improve off loses, and become champs.
madmarck
2/23/07 9:39:29AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

And he clearly wasnt the 7-time king of Pancrase at the time like he is now.
but it isnt really a big deal if a fighter loses one of their first fights.
EEKS
2/24/07 4:48:26AM
Nice, a Bas tribute at the end
SteedTheDeed
2/25/07 8:00:22PM
sudo will come back, he is only 29. the first retirement never sticks.
Dadaman
2/26/07 2:09:28PM
Yeah, Genki's style in this fight is awesome! the dreadlocks!

This was one of Sudo's first fights too I beleive.

Since we are on the subject of Marquardt getting pwnt, does anyone have that video of him getting kicked by Rickson Gracie after he gets choked out by Ricardo Almeida? I heard it's a must see!