Marquardt Wants TUF Coaching Spot, Big Fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Marquardt Wants TUF Coaching Spot, Big Fights
Wolfenstein
11/27/08 7:26:24AM
“Being a coach on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ is something I’d love to do,” Marquardt (27-8-2) told Sherdog.com. “I asked the UFC if I could do it, but I’m not sure who they’re considering. I think it would be good to be a part of it.”

Marquardt’s manager, Dean Albrecht, makes a case that Marquardt would be a perfect fit as a coach.

“Nate’s funny and has a good personality,” said Albrecht. “He’s got good wrestling skills, excellent standup and is a black belt (in jiu-jitsu and Brazilian jiu-jitsu).

link
Jackelope
11/27/08 9:42:17AM
I'd be down with that in a heartbeat. Marquardt is very well rounded and I'd certainly like to get to know him better by watching him coach. Seems like a good dude so far.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/27/08 10:05:43AM
why not...give him a shot
Solidus
11/27/08 11:06:42AM
Agreed. Ive always said the show lacks piledrivers.
prozacnation1978
11/27/08 11:10:04AM
with hendo and franklin fighting you have no other choice
Twenty20Dollars
11/27/08 11:52:59AM
Marquardt would be the good coach and bisping the bad coach.
higdon10
11/27/08 12:09:15PM
Thta would mean that we will all get to see Nate ruin Bisbing shortly after the season.
gartface
11/27/08 12:29:18PM

Posted by higdon10 Thta would mean that we will all get to see Nate ruin Bisbing shortly after the season.
I agree. Marquardt has too much in any aspect for Bisping. He'd end up choking him out in the first round.
jae_1833
11/27/08 3:02:29PM

Even more reason to send him in there as a coach....they could go back to having the coaches fight at the finales....which I thought was part of the deal, they seem to have gotten away from that.
Red-Dragon
11/27/08 3:26:21PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Thta would mean that we will all get to see Nate ruin Bisbing shortly after the season.

I agree. Marquardt has too much in any aspect for Bisping. He'd end up choking him out in the first round.

I dont think Nate beats him in stand up. It is a fight I would like to see. I dont think it would be as clean cut as you say though. Bisping has Jits and good Jits defence. He can cope against wrestling to a certain extent (see Bisping v Evans and Hamil) so I could see a decision victory for Nate unless Nate chooses to stand and trade then it would be a decision the other way.
bls1919
11/27/08 4:11:23PM
I think Nate woul;d be a great coach and match up for Bisping. Hopfuly he will be on the next show
higdon10
11/27/08 4:40:26PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

I dont think Nate beats him in stand up. It is a fight I would like to see. I dont think it would be as clean cut as you say though. Bisping has Jits and good Jits defence. He can cope against wrestling to a certain extent (see Bisping v Evans and Hamil) so I could see a decision victory for Nate unless Nate chooses to stand and trade then it would be a decision the other way.

I think that Nate has the advantage on the feet. And everywhere else for that matter.
PaleHorse
11/27/08 5:50:24PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

I think that Nate has the advantage on the feet. And everywhere else for that matter.

I think Nate is more American than Demian Maia, so he's a better fit in US vs. England, although I think that England is about to get SMASHED (no offense) if they have Greg Jackson as like an assistant coach.
Sledge23
11/27/08 11:41:22PM
i havent liked nate since i saw his fit he threw when he lost to royce gracie.
i dont know how good of a coach he would be but i would rather see dan as a coach
jiujitsufreak74
11/27/08 11:46:24PM

Posted by Sledge23

i havent liked nate since i saw his fit he threw when he lost to royce gracie.

the only Marquardt/Gracie relation i know of is Renzo kicking Nate in the face after Nate threw a late blow at Almeida after being choked out
EvenFlow
11/28/08 1:47:20AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Agreed, but hopefully a KO.
Red-Dragon
11/28/08 8:24:13AM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Care to expand on that? Why do you feel Nate is better on the feet?
higdon10
11/28/08 1:05:48PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Marquardt has recently looked very good everywhere, including his improved standup. He has recently outstruck Thales Leites and Martin Kampmann. I think he has more power and better movement than Bisbing. Bisbing is no slouch, and I am not a hater, I just think that Nate has the edge on the feet.
Red-Dragon
11/28/08 3:16:19PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Marquardt has recently looked very good everywhere, including his improved standup. He has recently outstruck Thales Leites and Martin Kampmann. I think he has more power and better movement than Bisbing. Bisbing is no slouch, and I am not a hater, I just think that Nate has the edge on the feet.

Fair enough and good point. However I disagree. Bisping began Yawara Ryubeen jujutsu at the age of 8 and Kickboxing and Karate at 18. I think he has enough Jits defence to handle Nate and far better stand up. Nate did look great on the feet against Kampman but I think he would be picked apart if he stands with Bisping.
higdon10
11/28/08 3:21:39PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Fair enough and good point. However I disagree. Bisping began Yawara Ryubeen jujutsu at the age of 8 and Kickboxing and Karate at 18. I think he has enough Jits defence to handle Nate and far better stand up. Nate did look great on the feet against Kampman but I think he would be picked apart if he stands with Bisping.

Good argument. I respect your opinion. I like both fighters and can't wait until they fight. AV bet??
Red-Dragon
11/28/08 5:23:26PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Good argument. I respect your opinion. I like both fighters and can't wait until they fight. AV bet??

No AV bet mate. If you look at my first post you will see that I would go for Nate to win by UD unless he stands with Bisping which I doubt he would do. My point was that it would be close imo.
higdon10
11/28/08 5:36:06PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

No AV bet mate. If you look at my first post you will see that I would go for Nate to win by UD unless he stands with Bisping which I doubt he would do. My point was that it would be close imo.

Okay. Its cool.